What's the extent of your fandom?

jaimereborn

I think my nerdiest moment was trying to explain the entire Great Northern Conspiracy to my boyfriend...

Either that or visiting Croatia with friends and going to see many of the sites from the series. The bombed hotel where they filmed the Oberyn duel got me a little too excited.

[MOD Note]

Please remember not to post open spoilers from advance chapters in this thread. If you want to reference them you can do so, as long as they are under spoiler tags.

Further, although this topic carries with it show material, it seems like it is worth making an exception in this case. This is not to be taken as a reason for other show crossover threads in this particular forum.

[/MOD]

You can't walk through a room in my house without seeing some VS, artwork, or maps on the walls... I also think I have about a dozen GRRM autographs last time I checked... my wife has been threatening to cut me off for a while now. :P

A few weeks ago, my sister and her SO came over for dinner and he mentioned he watched the show so I bombard him with all the Unsullied questions; "What did you think of Talisa? Did you buy Shae's motivations for testifying against Tyrion? Who's Jon Snow's mother?"

And I think I also explained the entire history of Dorne to him.

The poor guy looked very alarmed.

I guess you could consider this my nerdiest moment:

Back in March I stopped dating someone (not a book-reader btw) because they gave me an ultimatum between watching S4 or going on subsequent dates. Deadly serious. Though that was kind of a giant red flag anyway, so...

I guess you could consider this my nerdiest moment:

Back in March I stopped dating someone (not a book-reader btw) because they gave me an ultimatum between watching S4 or going on subsequent dates. Deadly serious. Though that was kind of a giant red flag anyway, so...

And I'm sure we can all agree.... season four was totally worth it.

I have this old wooden shield from a knight's tournament, it's like a toy for children and i used to play with it a lot when i was a kid. I didn't want to throw it away because it's miraculously undamaged, save for a few scratches. So i decided to have it repainted with the Targaryen sigil and hang it on my wall or something like that.

The guy who's doing it is taking a looong time, i'm getting really impatient, i want my fire and blood shield. I don't know what's worse, me paying money (that i actually need for serious stuff) for it or my ridiculous impatience.

Worst scene ever.

I would agree with you, if it wasn't for Not!Asha at the Dreadfort, Ramsey and his girlfriend hunting hookers, Karl fooking Tanner, Baby Not!Satin killing Ygritte, a Peter Dinklage audition tape about beetles inexplicably taking up four minutes of screen time, Cersei saying she knew Joffery was a sociopath, a Prince of Dorne living in a brothel.....

I waste copious amounts of valuable company time screwing around on this site and Googling ASOIAF-ish things. When IT and HR finally wise up and deliver my Pink Letter, this fall from grace will be solely due to these damn books.

Here's me and my baby, Arya.

Too cute!

I waste copious amounts of valuable company time screwing around on this site and Googling ASOIAF-ish things. When IT and HR finally wise up and deliver my Pink Letter, this fall from grace will be solely due to these damn books.

:rofl: Right there with you!

I'm keeping it pretty low-key, but I can't refrain from the occasional sour remark to my show-only friends on how Stannis is the one true King, which - because of the show's portrayal of him - makes them look at me like "wtf?". Then they'll continue gushing over "Khaleesi" and I'll die a little inside, and repeat. So for me the "off-season" where the show isn't on is the best part of the year :P

Trying to have a serious conversation with a show-watcher on anything beyond "isn't the dragon queen just great" is impossible, and I've long since stopped trying.

Archived