Stark and others vs. DT and dragons climax of series? Ice vs fire? Bloodraven the great other?

varunpats18

At the Wall, when gazing into the fires, Melisandre sees a

wooden face, corpse white , a thousand red eyes, and a boy

with a wolf's head beside him. She thinks to herself that they

must be the Great Other's champions, as King Stannis is hers.

Further evidence in the text ties the Last Greenseer,

Bloodraven, the Old Gods , and Bran Stark to the theme of

darkness that draws The Great Other into opposition with

R'hllor. The vision of Melisandre pointing towards Bloodraven

and Bran as champions of The Great Other is corroborated in

this exchange:

“ There he sat, listening to the hoarse whispers of his teacher.

'Never fear the darkness, Bran.' The lord's words were

accompanied by a faint rustling of wood and leaf, a slight

twisting of his head. "The strongest trees are rooted in the

dark places of the earth. Darkness will be your cloak, your

shield, your mother's milk. Darkness will make you strong."

I also think bran's arc will continue and end in a fashion similar to the king in the Night (who, according to old nan had the name 'brandon stark')

I also see a grand battle between a stark with the others at their side vs. Daenerys and her dragons. The ULTIMATE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE!

You are assuming that R'hllor is somehow a force of the good where we have a lot more evidence to suggest otherwise. Burning people alive is pretty evil and bringing people back from death is at best unnatural, especially when we consider what it actually does to both Beric and Catelyn. There's also no evidence that the Red God actually exists, let alone that the black and white worldview propagated by the religion is in any way accurate. If anything, everything suggests to ASOIAF being drawn in the shades of grey.

We also know that Mel's ability to interpret what she sees accurately is not all it's cracked up to be. She's wrong about plenty of things and if she can be mistaken about the champion of light (clearly NOT Stannis) what are the chances that her vision of the champion of dark is any more believable? We know that the Old Gods are not evil or at least not wholly evil and seemingly just as opposed to the Others as Mel.

You are assuming that R'hllor is somehow a force of the good where we have a lot more evidence to suggest otherwise. Burning people alive is pretty evil and bringing people back from death is at best unnatural, especially when we consider what it actually does to both Beric and Catelyn. There's also no evidence that the Red God actually exists, let alone that the black and white worldview propagated by the religion is in any way accurate. If anything, everything suggests to ASOIAF being drawn in the shades of grey.

We also know that Mel's ability to interpret what she sees accurately is not all it's cracked up to be. She's wrong about plenty of things and if she can be mistaken about the champion of light (clearly NOT Stannis) what are the chances that her vision of the champion of dark is any more believable? We know that the Old Gods are not evil or at least not wholly evil and seemingly just as opposed to the Others as Mel.

But the red God being good or evil doesn't matter. If my theory is true, no side will be wrong or right. It will just be a battle between 2 enemies-the red God and the great other.

In my opinion, for this to be the case would be to dismiss Jon. I cannot see GRRM forcing Jon and Bran to fight each other. So either Jon would have to die, which would make his entire arc pointless, or they would have to fight. I REALLY neither happens. I think it is more likely that Bran will help Jon to defeat the Great Other.

I see more of humans banding together to right both elements rather than using one element to fight another.

I agree with this. I have a feeling that once the rest of the realm realizes the Others are real and not "snarks and grumkins" they will band together to save themselves. Not to mention if the Others start moving south, the worst winter ever recorded will come with them. It will be band together and defeat them or starve out and die.

I see more of humans banding together to right both elements rather than using one element to fight another.

Agreed it is "a song of ice and fire" not "war of ice and fire." This is hinted by the Reeds:

"Up and down," Meera would sigh sometimes as they walked, "then down and up. Then up and down again. I hate these stupid mountains of yours, Prince Bran."

"Yesterday you said you loved them."

"Oh, I do. My lord father told me about mountains, but I never saw one till now. I love them more than I can say."

Bran made a face at her. "But you just said you hated them."

"Why can't it be both?" Meera reached up to pinch his nose.

"Because they're different," he insisted. "Like night and day, or ice and fire."

"If ice can burn," said Jojen in a solemn voice, "then love and hate can mate. Mountain or marsh, it makes no matter. The land is one."

It is not about one element vanquishing another, but rather balance and harmony between two opposing forces, especially since we have seen opposites coexisting such as with Jon who fits the song of ice and fire. The only ones who advocate confrontation are Manichean zealots like Melisandre.

Archived