Challenge: List your favourite character and give three reasons why you'd HATE them.

James Steller

For me, I'll go with Stannis as one of my favourite characters. Obviously he's a man of several positive traits and accomplishments, but here are three reasons to justify any dislike I would have for him.

1) He's a very bitter and unpleasant person to be around on a regular basis.

2) While he's probably a loving father in his own way, he's still pretty neglectful of Shireen as fathers go (our universe, not Westeros's).

3) He never stops whining about his brothers.

Oberyn Martell

1)Too cool for the asoiaf universe making my other favorite characters look a bit lame

Lol, he's my other one. Agreed it's difficult to find too much to say in criticism. Even his most widely discussed 'error of judgment' I actually see as being more indicative of higher priorities.

But for me personally: ruined Dorne.

I completely thought he was just a sign of the coolness to come down south, and it wasn't until we went there that I was like 'oh....it was just him. :(

Lol, he's my other one. Agreed it's difficult to find too much to say in criticism. Even his most widely discussed 'error of judgment' I actually see as being more indicative of higher priorities.

But for me personally: ruined Dorne.

I completely thought he was just a sign of the coolness to come down south, and it wasn't until we went there that I was like 'oh....it was just him. :(

Well there's also the Sand Snakes, to be fair. We can assume they'll take after their dad.

Ned Stark

- His coldness

- He lets his love for people make him blind to their flaws insofar that he hardly stands up against it (Robert and Cat) and in that way lets them endanger his children. He doesn't know how to practice tough love.

- His low ability to plan far ahead, and thereby risk everything

Davos:

blindly loyal to Stannis

Not Azor Ahai

Haven't got a third one.

Although it may just be an extension of his blind loyalty, I find it specifically troubling that he still sees his fingers as an example of the 'good doesn't wash out the bad' justice in spite of having witnessed Stannis make several multicoloured ethical choices without self-mutilation.

Mance Rayder

1) He does lead an army of rapist. Against another army of rapists, but an army of rapists nonetheless

2) He plans to beat the Night's Watch by attacking them where they are the strongest. He doesn't seem to have a plan about what to do afterwards

3) He didn't order the attack on Bran while he was at Winterfell

4) "The shades we let loose on the world" What was Mance Rayder doing when looking for the Horn of Joramun? What did he do in his supposedly failed quest to obtain it?

Stannis

1) Burning of religious figures/the sept on dragonstone and pieces of weirwood in the north

2) Bit petty when it comes to his brothers

2.5) Considered burning Edric but I guess as he really struggled with the thought and tried to weigh it against every child in the realm and still didn't do it I'm not gonna say I hate him, more mild dislike towards him for considering to do it

3) When he knowingly helped create the shadow-baby to kill Cortnay Penrose, not sure if he knew what he was doing when it came to Renly, I get the feeling Mel could have left him in the dark (R'hollist pun intended). Its not an honourable way to kill those who oppose you

Davos:

blindly loyal to Stannis

Not Azor Ahai

Haven't got a third one.

You can't do this for Davos. He's perfect. ;)

Jaime:

It's pretty unbecoming of him to bang his sister

Pushing Bran out the window was uncool

He's too proud and doesn't tell people his actual reasoning for doing what he does

I'd do Dunk, but he's perfect like Davos.

Archived