Video Games: Join us... It is your Destiny

Rhom

Last comment in old thread was on FFXV. I watched the trailer and felt nothing. A bunch of teenage kids riding around in a Chrysler Sevring convertible running from a giant turtle did nothing for me.

It's also amazing to me that SE did so little with the franchise in the PS360 generation. They were always good for three games per generation. I suppose if you count the constant goin back to the well of FFXIII and the abortion of FFXIV, it may count; but overall they have taken what was once the flagship franchise that defined the console wars and have done nothing with it in a decade.

:(

ETA: for the thread title I also considered a play on George McFly's immortal line "I am your density... I mean destiny!"

You can't make three games of the size of VII/VIII/IX in a single console generation any more, not with modern expectations of graphics and gameplay. That's just unrealistic.

That's not excusing the fact than XIII/XIII-II/LR were still massively subpar, of course, but it's simply not realistic to expect games of that scale for modern sensibilities to be made in that timescale. That's why VII-HD is still not a thing.

Up to lvl 24 in Destiny.

Failed to get a group together for the Weekly Heroic Strike. Tried going to the lvl 24 Strike Playlist, but kept getting paired with people who were under-leveled, so that was just a big waste of time.

Got desperate enough that I went and farmed the Sky Watch treasure cave. Spent an hour there and game away with 9 Rare Engrams and 1 Legendary Engram. Which decoded a Legendary Rocket Launcher called "Unfriendly Giant," 2 Strange Coins, and a Rare chest piece that is slightly better than what I had before. Not too bad. I'll go there first tomorrow and try to get that last coin.

Also played a few matches in the Crucible. Combined Arms was confusing. So it was supposed to be a vehicle brawl. I played 2 games, the fist was just Control, and the second was a Clash match. So, yeah, I don't get it.

Skrimish was surprisingly a lot of fun. More tactical and teamwork dependent. I actually did really well, and with no voice communication. Too bad it'll probably disappear after the weekend.

Finally started playing Wasteland 2 (Australian download speeds :stillsick: ).

Haven't really done much, but my team so far consist of:

- Fast, strong warrior type. He looks like a junkie. I gave him maximum strength, so hopefully he's good at smashing faces.

- Generic ranger type. She looks like the artwork people. Sort of made her my usual Fallout build (pistols, assault rifles, leadership).

- Charismatic doctor. He's good at chatting people up and patching people up, and looks like John Marston in a poncho.

- Computer type. She looks like a complete psychopath with her dreadlocks and gas mask, but I put all of her points into intelligence, computers, detecting alarms, and probably something else along those lines.

So, hopefully I haven't gimped myself. I'm hoping the first one can punch his way through any locked doors, as I have no thief/lockpick skills anywhere.

ETA: Don't pick up any tin cans.

Looking forward to Borderlands the Pre. Even though it hasn't been hyped as much as 1-2 have and the characters look a bit sub par. With adding the gravity the ''butt slam'' it would be just enough to add a little refreshing aspect into the gam (i hope) and i swear to Christ if i see one rabid skag floating around in space im going to throw my console out the window

Looking forward to Borderlands the Pre. Even though it hasn't been hyped as much as 1-2 have and the characters look a bit sub par. With adding the gravity the ''butt slam'' it would be just enough to add a little refreshing aspect into the gam (i hope) and i swear to Christ if i see one rabid skag floating around in space im going to throw my console out the window

I think it'd be really funny to see a rabid skag trying to run in low gravity, honestly. This poor rabid thing desperately trying to get to you and just sailing around growling helplessly.

Up to lvl 24 in Destiny.

Failed to get a group together for the Weekly Heroic Strike. Tried going to the lvl 24 Strike Playlist, but kept getting paired with people who were under-leveled, so that was just a big waste of time.

Got desperate enough that I went and farmed the Sky Watch treasure cave. Spent an hour there and game away with 9 Rare Engrams and 1 Legendary Engram. Which decoded a Legendary Rocket Launcher called "Unfriendly Giant," 2 Strange Coins, and a Rare chest piece that is slightly better than what I had before. Not too bad. I'll go there first tomorrow and try to get that last coin.

Also played a few matches in the Crucible. Combined Arms was confusing. So it was supposed to be a vehicle brawl. I played 2 games, the fist was just Control, and the second was a Clash match. So, yeah, I don't get it.

Skrimish was surprisingly a lot of fun. More tactical and teamwork dependent. I actually did really well, and with no voice communication. Too bad it'll probably disappear after the weekend.

Does the 'farming' take away from your enjoyment? I personally found it much less enjoyable now that there are several locations where you can farm your way to glory. My 'farm' level was that moon mission where the Hive runs out of the temple. I liked getting the extra gear, but...what's the point?

So, hopefully I haven't gimped myself. I'm hoping the first one can punch his way through any locked doors, as I have no thief/lockpick skills anywhere.

Field Medic, Surgeon, Lockpick, Brute Force, Demolitions, Outdoorsman, Perception I would say are absolutely critical skills. The game gets really fuckin' hard without them. Make sure you have one character with about 2 levels in Surgeon that's not your main healer, so they can revive the healer if they go down.

Mechanical Repair, Computer Science, and one of the speech skills (Smart Ass, Hard Ass, Kiss Ass) are next in line in terms of priority I would say. It's enough to focus in a single speech skill.

Alarm Disarming, Toaster Repair, and Safecracking are nice to have but they're not critical. They will just allow you a few more options for getting around the maps and getting access to a bit more loot.

Archived