Will Brienne play a big role in TWOW?

larastone

It's a relief to know GRR is on Brienne's side :) I think her main purpose was to make Jaime think about what he was doing, and she's already done that but if she survives Lady Stoneheart (I actually see Brienne killing her) then maybe she continues her quest with Jaime in tow. What will actually happen though, I have no idea and am coming up with a complete blank.

She’s very idealistic. At least in the beginning, but you know her journey still has a way to go.

–GRRM (Game of Thrones Season 4 Premiere, March 18, 2014)

Some context would help since it was at a premiere for the TV show.

how do you think she'll die?

I'm not sure how but I think it will have something to do with the Brotherhood, though not a hanging

Yeah I don't think those are TWOW spoilers, he probably meant her storyline from season 4 and so on.

also there was a leak and there have been rumors in general that Brienne finds Sansa early on in season 5 but Sansa refuses to go with her, I wonder if that implies that Jaime/Brienne won't go to the vale for Sansa after the Stoneheart encounter in TWOW.......

I just have no clue what to expect from her TWOW storyline, I'm not sure about Jaime either but I do think that he will end up reuniting with his siblings and I do think he's the valonqar

I think it depends what you mean by "big." I don't see her heading North to the Wall to fight the Others nor do I see her sailing to Meereen to ride a dragon, if that's what you mean.

I think Brienne's story is more personal and has more to do with Jaime's redemption arc. I tend to think they might consummate their relationship before being separated once more. I would also hate it if Brienne didn't play some role in finding Sansa, either by herself or with the Hound, or with Jaime.

Interviewer: Is there any character who is morally beyond reproach?

GRRM: Beyond reproach. You mean like good? So Good? Probably not.

Interviewer: I was thinking of Brienne.

GRRM: Maybe. Yes, certainly. She’s up there. She's very idealistic. At least in the beginning. But you know her journey still has a way to go. And my world has a way of testing one's ideals, so we'll see by the end.

-GRRM

Yeah I don't think those are TWOW spoilers, he probably meant her storyline from season 4 and so on.

No. GRRM was specifically talking about his world and Brienne's journey in it.

Well one thing for sure is that she'll definitely end up betraying Stoneheart for Jaime. It would be a nice parallel with Ned I think, because he also ultimately chose his loved ones over his honor.

I'm curious as to whether the Red Wedding 2.0 will happen lol, because I really fucking hope so.....because I can totally see Lady Stoneheart taking Riverrun

Well one thing for sure is that she'll definitely end up betraying Stoneheart for Jaime. It would be a nice parallel with Ned I think, because he also ultimately chose his loved ones over his honor.

I agree Brienne will choose Jaime. The one thing I don't think Brienne will do is work against LSH; she'll refuse to hand over Jaime, but Brienne will continue to search for Sansa Stark for LSH; she will keep the oath.

I agree Brienne will choose Jaime. The one thing I don't think Brienne will do is work against LSH; she'll refuse to hand over Jaime, but Brienne will continue to search for Sansa Stark for LSH; she will keep the oath.

I think Arya's much more likely to kill LSH than her for sure, oh god I really hope GRRM doesn't dedicate anymore chapters to Brienne being on the road to find Sansa lol. like I said before though, there was a leak that Brienne meets Sansa early on in Season 5 of the show and is unable to get Sansa to come with her and I can't help but wonder if that means she won't go search for Sansa after the Stoneheart encounter hmmmmMMM

“So speaks a maid who has never played the game with anyone. Once you do you’ll take a different view. In the dark you’d be as beautiful as any other woman. Your lips were made for kissing.”

- Hyle Hunt to Brienne in AFFC

The last sentence may be foreshadowing Brienne receiving "the kiss of life" at some point...

I think Arya's much more likely to kill LSH than her for sure, oh god I really hope GRRM doesn't dedicate anymore chapters to Brienne being on the road to find Sansa lol. like I said before though, there was a leak that Brienne meets Sansa early on in Season 5 of the show and is unable to get Sansa to come with her and I can't help but wonder if that means she won't go search for Sansa after the Stoneheart encounter hmmmmMMM

I'm not sure if I take that as book canon, though. I do think we'll see Brienne on the road for a time, except with Jaime in tow. Angst ensues!

Well one thing for sure is that she'll definitely end up betraying Stoneheart for Jaime.

I think she will too. It's been foreshadowed. She's not going to let anyone hurt him.

Qyburn: "What is this woman to you?"

Jaime: "My protector.”

-ASOS

“I swore to keep you safe,” the wench said stubbornly. “I swore an oath.”

-ASOS

“I swore an oath to keep him safe,” she said to Rhaegar’s shade. “I swore a holy oath.”

-ASOS

It would be a nice parallel with Ned I think, because he also ultimately chose his loved ones over his honor.

I think the parallel is of Brienne betraying Stoneheart like Jaime betrayed the Mad King. They will both betray someone they were sworn to.

Archived