If you could say one thing to one character in the series

James Steller

Here's the scenario. Pick any moment in the books' timeline. You can say one sentence to a single character of the series. They will believe you without question, and so you can influence their later actions and decisions with that statement. What do you do?

Personally, I'd take Robert at the start of AGOT and say "All of Cersei's children were fathered by Jaime and they're planning to kill you." Watch him deal with the Lannisters as he should have done ages ago.

Good topic!

Personally, I'd take Robert at the start of AGOT and say "All of Cersei's children were fathered by Jaime and they're planning to kill you." Watch him deal with the Lannisters as he should have done ages ago.

That would be my first choice. As you already said it, I will pick something else.

To Ned, "Do not tell Cersie what you know, she is plotting to kill Robert and that will force her hand, you need to be clever about this and not move until Stannis and Renly are ready to back you."

Runner up, to Robb, "Do not send Theon to his father, no matter what you offer, Balon will not ally himself with you, instead warn the North about the Iron Born and have them send seasoned men to the coast to drive up the coming invasion."

3rd place, to Joffery, it's not so much saying anything as it is handing him off to Ramsey to be Ramsey's new play thing.

To Robb Stark before heading to the Twins. "It's a trap!"

To Imry Florent before sailing to King's Landing without scouting. "It's a trap!"

To Ned when he send Baelish to get the Gold Cloaks to his side. "It's a trap!"

To Tyrion before going to Joff's wedding. "It's a trap!"

To Robert before going on his last hunt. "It's a trap!"

To Daario at the start of WoW. "You should try and gain Daenerys' favor by killing the Iron Captain in single combat."

Archived