NFL Week3-4: Revenge of the Nerd?

Sivin

Unfortunately, I think it's pretty obvious that the (still) better team won.

Eh, maybe not. If THAT Denver team had shown up on a neutral site (ie: the Super Bowl), I think they win. Hell, if they had won the coin toss I think they would have marched right down and scored a TD. That Seattle D was running on fumes.

Eagles-Skins was the most batshit crazy game I can recall in a long time. Unbelievably entertaining, completely out of control at times and Washington despite outplaying Philly ends up losing because for the millionth time in the last two seasons, the special teams are a disaster. They allowed a kickoff taken back for a TD and missed a chip shot 33 yard field goal. So many missed opportunities by the Skins. Feel like this is the kinda game that haunts you later in the year.

But, Kirk Cousins, wow. Keep waiting for him to turn into a pumpkin and for the second week in a row he played like a top 5 QB. Only have to wait 4 more days for his next test against the Giants on TNF.

Man, how did Carolina-Pittsburgh end up being the SNF game? Going to bed early...

It's weird, right? Wasn't too long ago you'd be 100% sure they'd have Denver-Seattle. I wonder if Fox and CBS are pushing back to keep their marquee games.

I heard someone saying that they weren't going to put Seattle at home on primetime TV any more, because they keep blowing out teams and the games are unwatchable in the second half. IDK if that's the case or foaming-at-the-mouth conspiracymongering, but if it's the case, yow.

Oh, it was one of the Grantland folks, and they mentioned it with the caveat of "only at night" which is when primetime games happen, I guess.

Also, I just wanted to point out again - every point in New England vs. Oakland was scored by a Kowski. Kind of great.

Also, I just wanted to point out again - every point in New England vs. Oakland was scored by a Kowski. Kind of great.

Great day for the Poles.

Somewhere Bruce Gradkowski sits sadly knowing he could've been the difference maker out there.

I stepped outside for a cigarette with 59 seconds left in the Broncos/Seahawks game. Told my wife, "meh, Manning will have to drive all the way down the field in a minute, then score a two-point conversion. There's a chance, but it's probably not happening."

And so of course I missed a great ending to a game after the first game here was the Colts/Jaguars game, which the local CBS affiliate ran all the way to the end despite the game being about as exciting as taking two valium. I just love living so close to Indianapolis.

It's weird, right? Wasn't too long ago you'd be 100% sure they'd have Denver-Seattle. I wonder if Fox and CBS are pushing back to keep their marquee games.

I think they can only start flexing games at the halfway point of the season but I could be wrong.

Edit- Thanks to the Panthers special teams for helping make the decision on whether to stay up and finish this game very very easy.

I think they can only start flexing games at the halfway point of the season but I could be wrong.

I have no idea if that's correct or not, but it isn't like the interest in Broncos v Seahawks wouldn't have been anticipated before the schedule was being put together. I'm guessing it's what Jaime suggested; CBS fought hard to carry that game.

Archived