VS

The Old Bear with Longclaw

Qhorin Halfhand

Benjen Stark

Iron Emmett

Donal Noye

Jarmen Buckwell

Jon Snow

Who wins in a fight to the death between each of the two groups?

Feel free to make changes to the list if you think of someone more skillful.

Jaime is KG so he doesn't count, plus if he was on the list it would be no contest

I don't think it's much of a contest as it is. Lannisters roll even without Jaime.

Not really sure why you'd want to include a one-armed blacksmith in the fight. Even if he killed Mag the Mighty, I'd trade him for Waymar Royce in a heartbeat.

There's probably also someone other than Vargo Hoat for the Lannisters (Daven?). Frankly leaving Jaime is kind of a cheat too. Sandor was also KG at one point.

If you added Waymar Royce, removed Noy, and replaced Jon with Thorne, it's more of a contest.

I think the Lannisters probably take this one. Hell...the Mountain is enough shit for them to handle let alone Strongboar, the Hound and you could add Polliver who was a pretty nasty piece of business in terms of just having four ridiculously strong and big (physically) fighters.

Noye, Mormont and Payne seem out classed to say the least.

The only man I would rate as an elite class warrior on the Night's Watch's side is Quorin Halfhand. And even then, I think he would have a tough time against the Hound (the Lannister's top warrior), or even against their 2nd best warrior, Gregor Clegane.

Halfhand is probably on Marbrand's level, or slightly above.

The thing, we do not know much about the NW fighters. We know Quorin is a legend, but thats pretty much it. Jon, Thorne, Emmett and pretty much all the guys we know could be everything from decent to genius, as we lack nearer description.

Even considering that, I'd say that it is more likely that the cream of the crop of any kingdom can defeat the elite of Night's Watch, just because those elite figthers in the kingdoms are just the kind of knights who have trained their whole life to become great warriors, and they have much deeper pool of possible fighters to pick. Westerlands is bound to have thousands of knights, more than the membership of the whole Night's Watch. Highly unlikely that the top of Westerlands (even some warriors we have not heard of yet) couldn't defeat the top of NW, when NW has so much fewer men to choose from.

Though of course, it is possible for NW's group to win, just think it's highly unlikely.

The Mountain

The Hound

Addam Marbrand

Lyle Crakehall

Ilyn Payne

Bronn

Vargo Hoat

VS

The Old Bear with Longclaw

Qhorin Halfhand

Benjen Stark

Iron Emmett

Donal Noye

Jarmen Buckwell

Jon Snow

No Stonesnake, squire Dalbridge or Leathers?

While Ilyn Payne vs Jeor Mormont is a interesting match, shouldn't Noye be matched with Phillip Foote? Benjen and Qhorin might hold the Cleganes for a while but it's just to much, and Hardstone, Burton Crakehall, Beardless Jon Beatley, Daven Lannister and the Montain's men are left out. Also, if your going to count Vargo Hoat, should other Bloody Mummers also count?

There's only three payroll soldiers on the Westermen list so the title is strongly misleading.

But given that the Westermen mentioned have preformed against enemies armed with steel equipment on the same level as themselves, while the Night's Watch fight more of a guerilla war against an enemy that lack metal equipment when the Night's Watch do possess metal equipment I would say its a Westerman victory, if for no other reason than that I can't see anyone on the Night Watch standing a chance against the Cleganes.

Archived