Gotham TV

Howdyphillip

I didn't say it was my theory. Or that it was a good one! :lol:

Here's the actual article. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

http://www.popsugar.com/entertainment/Gotham-Theory-Oswald-Cobblepot-Joker-36010902

Well jeeze, that's actually a lot more interesting than I figured it would be. Shit. Some of the points made are pretty damn good.

I take it back. That's not the worst theory I've ever heard.

So, comfortably the best episode of the show so far. I'd go so far to say as it was really quite good. Still a bit of contrivance at the end, but a focused plot, some entertaining see-sawing of the balance of power and a bunch of good confrontations (even with Fish disturbing the equilibrium).

So, comfortably the best episode of the show so far. I'd go so far to say as it was really quite good. Still a bit of contrivance at the end, but a focused plot, some entertaining see-sawing of the balance of power and a bunch of good confrontations (even with Fish disturbing the equilibrium).

Polishgenius, grandmaster of the backhanded compliment :lol:

I loved this episode.

Victor was fantastic. His "raid" of the police station was great. He could give Penguin a run for his money in the favorite villain department.

Only gripe is that they didn't kill Barbara. I mean what the hell was she thinking coming back into Gotham. Please please please let the show dispense with here. She has no redeeming qualities and will just cause more and more problems for Gordon down the line.

Was that the twist that had been promised?

They've settled into some parameters now, dispensing with additional tension on waiting for the supposed execution of Penguin to play out. Here's seeing what they do with it, because I they're might be some potential now.

Barbra is a bit of an anchor right now, but not in the Laurel Lance sense. Not yet.

Is taken a while to actually establish the characters and status quo, but now they have something to work with.

I didn't mind the deal Penguin cut but damn, it was pretty damn detailed. He just knew he could get in to another crime ring and rise high enough to be an informer?

On the other hand, Victor was great. Loved the way he caususlly walked in; his sidekicks stealing a cop's hat in the process.

I started getting a Fistful of Dollars vibe partway through and figured Penguin was playing both sides. I even started to suspect Falcone was in on it, or was at least was letting it happen because he suspected Fish. I didn't figure out it had started all the way back before Gordon was supposed to kill Cobblepot, that was basically saying Cobblepot could read Gordon, and everyone else, well enough to know he would never pull the trigger.

I loved this episode.

Victor was fantastic. His "raid" of the police station was great. He could give Penguin a run for his money in the favorite villain department.

Only gripe is that they didn't kill Barbara. I mean what the hell was she thinking coming back into Gotham. Please please please let the show dispense with here. She has no redeeming qualities and will just cause more and more problems for Gordon down the line.

Yeah, I've been enjoying this show. I think it's pretty fun, and so I don't worry about the problems.

I don't mind Barbara that much. I hope she's gone by the end of S1 though since she adds very little to the show. Biggest mistake would be to give her a bigger role.

I started getting a Fistful of Dollars vibe partway through and figured Penguin was playing both sides. I even started to suspect Falcone was in on it, or was at least was letting it happen because he suspected Fish. I didn't figure out it had started all the way back before Gordon was supposed to kill Cobblepot, that was basically saying Cobblepot could read Gordon, and everyone else, well enough to know he would never pull the trigger.

Penguin didn't know for sure he wouldn't do it, that's why he was afraid. He just figured Gordon was his best chance to spare him.

Only gripe is that they didn't kill Barbara. I mean what the hell was she thinking coming back into Gotham.

Not just going back to Gotham but Falcone said that she came to his house. Just... astounding.

Is penguin also playing Falcone?

Especially in regards to keeping Gordon alive. Although, I can't see what Penguin's ulterior purpose is in doing that. (Keeping him alive.)

It was like he told his mom, Jim Gordon is a good man and his "friend." Someone who, in Penguin's mind, makes a strong piece to have on the game board.

Is penguin also playing Falcone?

Especially in regards to keeping Gordon alive. Although, I can't see what Penguin's ulterior purpose is in doing that. (Keeping him alive.)

Well, he's also playing Falcone in the sense he's pushing Maroni to further war that will damage both.

As for keeping Gordon alive, he's useful because he's the one man in all of the GCPD (apart from Montoya and Allen and now Bullock) that Falcone can't control and will continue to act against him. Plus, Penguin is kind of a nutter and might genuinely see Gordon as a friend.

Falcone is portrayed as an experienced, subtle, sophisticated and dangerous mob boss. I would expect him to distrust people instinctively, even if he doesn't treat them like he does. Falcone knows the Penguin is a snitch and he knows he's capable of manipulating his way to the ear of a top mob boss within a relatively short time span.

Now, I suppose it wouldn't break character for Falcone to fall prey to the conceit of believing himself too powerful to be brought down by a n00b like Penguin, but I also would expect him to see through the facade, just as Maroni's man did.

Maybe it's wishful thinking, but I get the vibe that Falcone doesn't fully trust Penguin. He just trusts him as much as he needs to. At this point, his real concern is probably Fish Mooney anyway. Falcone seems like someone who's been in the game long enough to almost instinctively know not to trust someone. I'd say he doesn't fully trust Penguin, but he likely underestimates him, which may lead to him going from number one in Gotham to number two.

Archived