So many f(insert character names)

I Am TheSongOf IceAndFire

But I mislike them, because Aegon is Aegon, no matter who his parents may truly be. He's been raised with that as his name, and I think the "fAegon" sobriquet is kind of putting the cart before the horse. "

As originally coined, fAegon did not mean 'faux Aegon' (as in definitely-not-real Aegon) but came out of the discussion over Aegon's background. Some insist he is a fake, some that he is real, some that he may be fake, may be real, we lack the data to form strong opinions as yet. As YG (Young Griff) fell by the wayside, an identifier to show both which character was being talked about and the status being 'used' (claimed?) in that comment was needed.

Faegon was initially used by the 'definitely fake' crowd, Aegon by the 'definitely real' crowd and fAegon by the 'could be real, might be fake' crowd (sometimes known as the you-lot-are-morons-committting-hard-when-its-definitely-still-open-either-way-by-the-data-we-have crowd :cool4: ).

Usage changed over time, as newcomers just used the fAegon term, and more and more people committed to the 'definitely fake' side.

So, fAegon is (was) not putting the cart before the horse because its not claiming him to be fake, just giving an acknowledgement that Aegon might not actually be Aegon for real. Thats why its still the A that gets capitalised - Aegon is the name of the character whether he was Rhaegar's son, a Pisswater boy, a Blackfyre, or any other option. But the term fAegon serves a larger purpose, just as R+L=J, ToJ and similar acronyms generally stand for a wider or more nuanced theory set than just the actual literal meanings.

As originally coined, fAegon did not mean 'faux Aegon' (as in definitely-not-real Aegon) but came out of the discussion over Aegon's background. Some insist he is a fake, some that he is real, some that he may be fake, may be real, we lack the data to form strong opinions as yet. As YG (Young Griff) fell by the wayside, an identifier to show both which character was being talked about and the status being 'used' (claimed?) in that comment was needed.

Faegon was initially used by the 'definitely fake' crowd, Aegon by the 'definitely real' crowd and fAegon by the 'could be real, might be fake' crowd (sometimes known as the you-lot-are-morons-committting-hard-when-its-definitely-still-open-either-way-by-the-data-we-have crowd :cool4: ).

Usage changed over time, as newcomers just used the fAegon term, and more and more people committed to the 'definitely fake' side.

So, fAegon is (was) not putting the cart before the horse because its not claiming him to be fake, just giving an acknowledgement that Aegon might not actually be Aegon for real. Thats why its still the A that gets capitalised - Aegon is the name of the character whether he was Rhaegar's son, a Pisswater boy, a Blackfyre, or any other option. But the term fAegon serves a larger purpose, just as R+L=J, ToJ and similar acronyms generally stand for a wider or more nuanced theory set than just the actual literal meanings.

Ooh thanks for that history! Certainly being a newcomer myself I've only been seeing it in the "he's definitely not real" context, where "Aegon" is used more by the "I'm not sure" crowd (though also the "he's real" contingent). But yeah, very interesting indeed.

How would you call a fake Falyse? FFalyse?

Also - if Ned was fake, would he be Fned or Fed?

And how about Dany? Fany?

How about False?

Ned would be Feddard.

Dany would be Faenerys.

What about Jon? How do we make Jon (Connington/Arryn/Snow) a fake?

Jon Phnow? (thanks to Vargo Hoat for that one) :D

Snow: Jon Faux

Connington: ConJon

Aryn: Jon fAryn

I actually really, really want a Jon Faux now.

ConJon? I don't get it. Doesn't it need an "F" somewhere?

So, anyone with an "A" on the name or surname just gets an "F" and that's it. What about Lysa and Catelyn(Lady Stoneheart)? Flysa? Oh, god, the irony! :D

Just an inverse of JonCon. Like a Not!Jon sort of thing. Or maybe ConningJon would fit, meaning he's fake and conning us all. In that Connington way of his.

I couldn't think of much in terms of Jon Aryn. His name is just not that fun to play with. Jon Erroneous? Meh.

I'm into "Flysa," for sure. We have our UnCat for LS already, but if we get a Catelyn or LS impostor, I like "Lady Floneheart." A living Cat impostor is more difficult (and highly unlikely), unless we go with "Fat." "Fatelyn." :dunno:

Just an inverse of JonCon. Like a Not!Jon sort of thing. Or maybe ConningJon would fit, meaning he's fake and conning us all. In that Connington way of his.

I couldn't think of much in terms of Jon Aryn. His name is just not that fun to play with. Jon Erroneous? Meh.

I'm into "Flysa," for sure. We have our UnCat for LS already, but if we get a Catelyn or LS impostor, I like "Lady Floneheart." A living Cat impostor is more difficult (and highly unlikely), unless we go with "Fat." "Fatelyn." :dunno:

Fatelyn and Flysa just sound like they could fuse into Dumbo. :D

I get the ConJon now, thanks. Can I still suggest names that sound funny with an "F" for you to correct, sir?

Fatelyn and Flysa just sound like they could fuse into Dumbo. :D

I get the ConJon now, thanks. Can I still suggest names that sound funny with an "F" for you to correct, sir?

Fatelyn and Flysa probably spend a lot of time hanging out with Frycella. Just all bizarre Disneyesque names there, lol.

I am no ser! (But always ;))

Fatelyn and Flysa probably spend a lot of time hanging out with Frycella. Just all bizarre Disneyesque names there, lol.

I am no ser! (But always ;))

Ok, then. What about the Lannister names? Tyrion, Tywin, Tybolt, Tygett, Gerion, Jaime, Cersei?

I suggest Fywin, Fyrion, Fybolt, Fygett, Ferion(sounds like a horse :D), Faime and Fersei? Do these work?

Next up: Boltons! Foose and Famsay, Fomeric, Feek, the list goes...

I guess that Favos could be used to describe that poor fellow who Manderly executed and had everyone believe that it was Davos.

Foose can refer to the man who pretended to be Roose, when they arrived in the North.

Frickard and Frickon sound like characters from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Pseuron would be great for fake Euron,

Fraushara or Fauxhara for fake Ashara

"Fauxhara" sounds and looks amazing. I'm down.

Aaand you've introduced us to a new set of possibilities with "pseudo." Like PseuDaario."

You know, I think "Trywin" would be a really good name for a fake Tywin.

For Ashara, would we rather Fashara or Ashara Feign?

I DEMAND A NEW NIKE SHIRT SAYING "Wanna be Tywin? Start Trywin" :D

How would Illyrio's name look with an "f"? Fillyrio?

What about the lords of the Vale? Nestor Royce, Myranda, Peter "LF" Baelish, how do their names get?

What about the Mountain?

Archived