So why is Dany not Azor Ahai reborn?

Poppa Chase

Can't we just allow the century old dying blind guy to be right? So many of his ancestors and even his brothers, his nephews, and their sons were wrong about it, so why can't he be the one that is right?

I mean, she was literally born of smoke and salt. She was totally in love with Khal Drogo. She literally killed him. And she brought light back into the world.

She killed her Nissa Nissa. She woke dragons from stone. Her dragons are the light that was brought back and they are the light that will end the darkness.

So why do we have a hard time with this one?

Your 100% correct Poppa Chase, and the answer to your question, is I truly believe simply that some people really don't like Dany. The only thing people say that is even remotely related to the books is that Dany is not a warrior, but that point is already mute, because if you accept that Drogon is lightbringer you've already accepted that the prophecy is metaphorical, and being a sword fighter is not the only way to be a warrior when your using metaphors.

So he`ll find his answers? maybe stumble on a meaningful discussion? that`s what i do before starting a topic or when i have a topic worthy idea and i find it helpful. not every reply is an attempt at being a smartass son

Well say all that, then. I personally don't consider it a crime to start a thread on an old subject, but if you think there are good reasons not to I'm open-minded to consider them. Just saying "we've talked about this before" leads me to "so?".

So he`ll find his answers? maybe stumble on a meaningful discussion? that`s what i do before starting a topic or when i have a topic worthy idea and i find it helpful. not every reply is an attempt at being a smartass son

We've run out of things to discuss, we're bound to see old arguments hashed out again while we wait for TWOW.

Just because it's too obvious.

Also I find it suspicious that Moqorro and Benerro think it's Dany whereas Mel thinks it's Stannis. Why would R'hllor show one of them the true Azor Azai and one a fake one? Personally I think they're both wrong and R'hllor is guiding Stannis and Dany to help the real Azor Azai - Jon.

I mean, the Targs haven't been too great at the whole prophecy coming true thing for a long time. The last one I think was right, though I could be wrong, was the one who decided for them to move to Dragonstone.

So it would be nice to know that the old Maester was right about his dying words.

I would believe Moqorro over Mel anyday personally. The man means business and sugar coats nothing. Victarion is arguably the scariest guy alive and Moqorro straight up tells him his god is nothing but a thrall to the great other.

Melisandre is biased on her opinion because she saw stannis originally and tried to see him Everytime.

Archived