Night King, Snow Queen and Ice Dragon

Equilibrium

Should I say this is crackpot, because it is, I don't know if we should theorize anymore since Martin said someone got it already but it was such a moment of inspiration

Others practice matriarchate , that female Other that seduced Night King is actually in charge kings are changed or sacrificed. She was killed, so replacement was due and Others vanished or went leaderless into deep hiding.

Remember the Snow Queen by Andersen, she lives in the land where is always winter, she has mind controlling kisses, troll mirror embeds in the eyes, whole thing can be perfectly adjusted as a Other's creation, indoctrination form. There is Kai's grandmother who tells the story of Snow Queen in the first place, in the ambient and setting very reminiscent of Old Nan's telling of about the ice dragon.

Now lets turn to children's story Ice Dragon, with little girl who has grown cold distant and nearly emotionless her skin is cold and she is drawn to winter, bonding with the ice dragon she thinks predestined for her, and after dragon is dead (like the Others, turns into puddle) she regains warmth in both ways. We take this and put it in Valyria before it was a Freehold in the age of Valyrian kings (Roman kingdom-republic sort of way)

Now because little girl is not a new Snow Queen, we have to find someone who is and the only family which fits the profile of ice loving drawn and tolerating of winter (like Targs of the heat) is Stark family.Some of them embrace that and they are crazy ice occultist as same as some Targs are fire ones and they were both invested in the fire-ice conflict with the goal to win, with no one being "good" ones, just the natural dualistic conflict with both sides thinking they have moral advantage.

Rhaegar wanted to stop her from hatching her ice dragon so he seduced her that is why he put her in Dorne. They made Jon and he is valued by both sides because he is mixed and maybe super skilled and important asset. When she gave birth her blood (king's blood) hatched the ice dragon. She immediately felt his influence and bonded with him so she decided to embrace her duty for the family and Ice but she really grew to love Rhaegar so she wanted to leave Jon freedom of the choice to let him decide so she made Eddard promise not to tell him about the whole Ice business, and she either rode the dragon or died and warged him and flew to the North to rally the Others and take her mantle as the "Snow Queen".

Eddard not so into whole Ice thing still doesn't tell Jon and later he executes only witness to the Others invasion concealing the invasion.

Yeah this was fun two hours, now for some celebratory waffles, because I solved the ending

You had me until you brought Lyanna into this. It was working great for the background story, but the rest of it doesn't fit with the text.

Ned wasn't executing the only person with knowledge of the Others coming back, and considering what happened last time the Others invaded (at least per the legends Ned would have heard) there's no way he would have let something like that slide. For this premise to work Ned needed to keep Jon as far away from the Wall as possible because he too would have the ice dragon blood in his veins. Not to mention that Benjen was aware of something other than Wildlings causing problems beyond the Wall, and we know Ned had nothing to do with his disappearance.

Oh, and Ned totally convincing himself in a fever dream that his sister died when he actually saw her fly off on/in a dragon? Not likely.

Actually you didn't solve the ending. If this turns out to be right you've only solved the beginning. The ending is still unknown.

You had me until you brought Lyanna into this. It was working great for the background story, but the rest of it doesn't fit with the text.

Ned wasn't executing the only person with knowledge of the Others coming back, and considering what happened last time the Others invaded (at least per the legends Ned would have heard) there's no way he would have let something like that slide. For this premise to work Ned needed to keep Jon as far away from the Wall as possible because he too would have the ice dragon blood in his veins. Not to mention that Benjen was aware of something other than Wildlings causing problems beyond the Wall, and we know Ned had nothing to do with his disappearance.

Oh, and Ned totally convincing himself in a fever dream that his sister died when he actually saw her fly off on/in a dragon? Not likely.

Actually you didn't solve the ending. If this turns out to be right you've only solved the beginning. The ending is still unknown.

Yeah it is a little weak, but someone has to be Others Queen, was thinking Ashara Dayne too, they are First Men so...

Theory in it's inception was that little girl became Others Queen, which would be awesomest thing ever but rereading ID proved me wrong about my conception of it's ending so I had to put someone.

Who cares I had waffles :D

• 6 months later...

I've never read the Ice Queen. It might be a draw back here. Yeah, I like the crackpot about Ned executing witnesses to the invasion and Lyanna hatching an ice dragon. At 6 in the morning crackpot and waffles sound good.

But yes, change Valyrians to GEotDawnians or as I like to call them Dawns, and that part is not crackpot when you do the math.

I've never read the Ice Queen. It might be a draw back here. Yeah, I like the crackpot about Ned executing witnesses to the invasion and Lyanna hatching an ice dragon. At 6 in the morning crackpot and waffles sound good.

But yes, change Valyrians to GEotDawnians or as I like to call them Dawns, and that part is not crackpot when you do the math.

Glad you like it. I also thought later part can be too much, but if you view dragon in metaphorical sense like Targs are viewed as dragons, then Jon being Ice dragon is not so crackpot, and also I can't believe I haven't thought of this until now.

Archived