Cersei's fate?

Seaworth'sShipmate

I have a theory about Cerseis fate.

I don't believe she will die, but I think she will have everything taken from her ( by the valnoqar) and sent to the silent sisters, or forced to be a Septa.

Often times in the middle ages, "rebellious" noble women were sentenced to convents.

Cersei always took great pride in her beauty and sensuality as well as ability to be powerful. Would it not be a fitting punishment if she was shorn of all three, and sentenced to be monitored/supervised by a head Septa?

I have a theory about Cerseis fate.

I don't believe she will die, but I think she will have everything taken from her ( by the valnoqar) and sent to the silent sisters, or forced to be a Septa.

Often times in the middle ages, "rebellious" noble women were sentenced to convents.

Cersei always took great pride in her beauty and sensuality as well as ability to be powerful. Would it not be a fitting punishment if she was shorn of all three, and sentenced to be monitored/supervised by a head Septa?

Have you read Dance with Dragons?

Because that's pretty much what happened to her: she has lost her power and pride.

(spoiler in case you haven't).

I mean confined to a nunnery, unlike being just imprisoned for a little while. Im still not sure if her walk of shame helped make her more humble and sorrowful, or just made her much angrier and determined to cause suffering to people.

They would probably be hesitant to allow Cersei to do something like that, nor would it stand well with some of her more bitter enemies. The faith may want to avoid turning the silent sisters into something more akin to the NW, nor is it a reliable method of keeping her there safe. If she were confined as a septa/nun the Tyrells would probably try to "help" her fall asleep like Cersei did with the old High Septon.

Nice idea, but she'll never submit to that. She'd kill herself first. One way or another Cersei will be dead before the series is over.

Exactly, there is only 2 possible outcomes for Cersei, sitting uncontested on the IT, or dead. And since I doubt its the former...

As to how, I doubt it will be via suicide, someone close to her is destined to kill her, most likely Jamie..

Even if her descent into crazed paranoia, position as leader of a clearly doomed regime and presence on Arya's ever-shrinking death list weren't big enough indicators that things are going to turn out very badly for her, she even has a prophecy talking about how she's going to die. I think it's pretty clear how she end up.

Cersei's going to die when Tyrion flies Rhaegal into Kings Landing and does to the Red Keep what Aegon I did to Harrenhal. G'bye to Cersei, along with Robert Strong (who can probably only be killed by something like dragonfire) and Qyburn at the same time. The bad part will be that Cersei'll probably take poor little Tommen along with her and an obsessive hate-filled Tyrion won't hold back if she hides behind the kid.

The prophecy of Maggy is actually a fortune telling. It is pretty straightforward. The valonqar will choke the life out of her.

“I love you too, sweet sister.”

How could I ever have loved that wretched creature? She [Cersei] wondered after he had gone. He was your twin, your shadow, your other half, another voice whispered. Once, perhaps, she thought. No longer. He [Jaime] has become a stranger to me.

Stranger is the god of death and becoming stranger to someone has a metaphoric meaning of killing that person or causing the death of that person.

Nice idea, but she'll never submit to that. She'd kill herself first. One way or another Cersei will be dead before the series is over.

While I agree with you that Cersei will not live to be sent to the Silent Sisters to live out her days, I have to remember that while, I too, am mindful of Cersei's attitude and what she wishes she wouldn't allow herself to submit to, she caved in pretty quickly when held at The Sept. IIRC, she was thrown into the cell ripping up hair shirts and shattering water pitchers and thinking she'd show them what it meant to be a lioness, but come the next day, she was grateful for some water and meekly putting on her drabby little shift of a dress. She talks a good game, but she caved pretty quick, LOL

I think Jaime will kill Cersei.

So do I.

There's Maggy's prophecy, which Cersei seems to think refers to Tyrion, but which might as well refer to Jamie.

Jamie has moved on and through all his suffering and experiences has developed sort of a moral compass.

Cersei, his twin and "mirror", is still totally egocentric and unable to see the world from any but a ruler's perspective, she cannot relate to anybody's suffering and has the moral compass of a slug, if any at all.

Jamie is still obsesses with her, and he has to free himself at one point.

So it seems entirely plausible to me that he might kill Cersei.

Archived