Dany's Villains

Wmarshal

Which were/was your favorite? Which you just can't stand?

Favorite: GG, she may not be in my top leaders, but she knows her city and when the men were nailed or bailed, she gets shit down.

Can't stand: Forever and ever, the Warlocks, they sucked so much, be it sending old wrinkled people who really just were licking Dany(how was that going to give you any powers?) Or somehow not going to Dany as soon as she burned their HQ.

Isn't a Dany hate or love thread, not a huge fan, but lets focus the loving and hating for the baddies here.

The Green Grace is also my favorite. Namely because it's so bloody clear that she's the one causing all the havoc and Dany's just absolutely oblivious. I'd love to have her POV of what's going on, because it might actually serve to give Meereen and its political workings some depth. You can tell that there's a lot of intrigue going on under the surface, that we're not privy to because the POVs we have don't have a clue what's happening.

Least favorite? Probably Yunkai. Just laughable comic book villain fodder to boo and hiss at. Meh.

I hated the warlocks too. The creepy walocks didn't need to turn out to be villians. They could have just showed Dany her visions and stuff then just let her go do her thing. Its kinda silly that as prophetic magic people they couldn't foresee that attacking her would cause their destruction.

Dany's best villian was Viserys. He made her into the little girl that she was at the beginning of AGoT, and his vanquishment was a major step forward in her realizing that she is the real dragon.

One more vote for the Undying as the worst. I never understood the logic behind giving prophetic visions to someone you're going to kill, or trying to kill someone who you just predicted was going to live for quite a bit longer. An organization of age-old semi-omniscient warlocks should collectively be able to look at Daenerys' future as a conqueror and figure out the required outcome of any assassination attempt against her, yet they fudged that up spectacularly.

Jeez, they are all pretty bad.

I'd say, generally, the "slavers" are the worst. That is, everyone in Slaver's Bay. Pretty much one-dimensional bad guys without redeeming qualities.

I'm not sure I like any of them, but I am looking forward to her fight/conflict with Aegon and JonCon.

The Green Grace is also my favorite. Namely because it's so bloody clear that she's the one causing all the havoc and Dany's just absolutely oblivious. I'd love to have her POV of what's going on, because it might actually serve to give Meereen and its political workings some depth. You can tell that there's a lot of intrigue going on under the surface, that we're not privy to because the POVs we have don't have a clue what's happening.

Least favorite? Probably Yunkai. Just laughable comic book villain fodder to boo and hiss at. Meh.

Huh, that's precisely why she's not my favorite. Every other character with half a brain cell would sort her out in an instant, but waching Dany go on about her day ignoring the old lady holding the giant "I AM THE HARPY!" sign was painful, almost sitcomy. If asoiaf were a children's play I could just see the Green Grace sneaking behind an oblivious Dany while the audience shouts, "Behind you! She's behind you!"

Archived