Small Questions v. 10090

Rhaenys_Targaryen

Before the Iron isles ruled the Riverlands the Stormlands ruled them. Making the 8 was def show only.

Rhaenys 2 pages back you said "didn't Lancel arrive in KL around the time the new high sparrow was elected?" But this cannot be because Lancel talks to Jaime about joining the faith militant which is not formed until after the high sparrow is elected and then obviously there needs to be time for word to travel and then Lancel needs time to get back.

Rhaenys 2 pages back you said "didn't Lancel arrive in KL around the time the new high sparrow was elected?" But this cannot be because Lancel talks to Jaime about joining the faith militant which is not formed until after the high sparrow is elected and then obviously there needs to be time for word to travel and then Lancel needs time to get back.

Ah, ok. In that case, it Deens logical that Lancel would have confessed everything to this most recent High Septon, right?

And btw, Cersei might not be the most clever person in the series, she isn't a complete idiot either. She's not going to tell anyone that she has been sleeping with Jaime, as that would only give Stannis' rumors more ground.

Does anyone on here use explorer? I find explorer does not work well for me on here.

I used to, but around the time of the board problems, I had to clear my cache, which manually didn't work, so I used a program for it, and ever since, I was unable to quote with IE. So I just switched to Google Chrome. I used to keep using IE for the wiki, as Chrome displayed something weird there, but after the last "clear your cache" session, IE is also unable to remember my cookies. My Chrome troubles disappeared, though, so my problems fixed themselves, once I just went over to Chrome completely.

Does anyone on here use explorer? I find explorer does not work well for me on here.

I recommend changing from explorer. Its not really too good when it comes to this board. I switched to Firefox and things are much better now.

From my understanding a masterly house in the north is equivalent to a knightly house in the south. A masterly/knightly house does not have the right of pits and gallows. They have to appeal to their liege lord for justice if someone commits a crime on their land.

From my understanding a masterly house in the north is equivalent to a knightly house in the south. A masterly/knightly house does not have the right of pits and gallows. They have to appeal to their liege lord for justice if someone commits a crime on their land.

Yea, that's what I think, too. I read somewhere that's why Ned Commanded the Glovers and Tallhearts to garrison Moat Cailin rather than a closer Lorldy House.

Pretty much this. Masterly house is just like the knightly house when its leader is not knighted. So, houses like Glover, Clegane or Connington are all nominally equal in standing.

Appendices?

Yeah it's from the appendices. In the appendices of ASoS and AFfC, Balon in mentioned to be the ninth of his name since the Grey King and Euron is mentioned to be the third of his name in ADwD appendix.

Thank you, guys. I feel rather embarressed now. I read the books like five times but always skipped the appendices.

Shame on me... :crying:

Thank you, guys. I feel rather embarressed now. I read the books like five times but always skipped the appendices.

Shame on me... :crying:

There are quite a few nice little hidden gems in there :)

(We still dont know who the hell Maellor-the-Dornishman is though.)

Lancel's confession does not occur on page (assuming you mean to the High Septon). Cersei suspects that he has confessed to "Tyrion's High Septon" and has him [the High Septon] murdered after Tywin's funeral. She also fears that he has confessed to the High Sparrow, so admits to bedding him [Lancel]. I think there might be a scene in Feast where Lancel admits that he confessed to Tyrions HS but I am not certain

Lancel's confession does not occur on page (assuming you mean to the High Septon). Cersei suspects that he has confessed to "Tyrion's High Septon" and has him [the High Septon] murdered after Tywin's funeral. She also fears that he has confessed to the High Sparrow, so admits to bedding him [Lancel]. I think there might be a scene in Feast where Lancel admits that he confessed to Tyrions HS but I am not certain

Cool. When she sees Tyrion's HS she wonders if he's smiling at her with some knowledge. I wondered if it was paranoia or that.

Was Robb not fostered anywhere because of the promise Ned made regarding Jon? He prayed that they would grow up like brothers, and I'm guessing he couldn't send Jon along with Robb (although a bastard along with the heir to the North seems like it wouldn't be that big of an insult). I imagine he wouldn't send Jon away at any rate because of his promise to Lyanna, and it would poison his marriage and family if he sent Robb away and kept Jon at Winterfell. Am i missing anything?

I'm guessing Bran wasn't fostered anywhere simply because he was a smidge too young, or there wasn't a proper opportunity. Looking at Eddard and Robert (8 years old, presumably) and both the Walders (8 as well), Bran comes up a bit short when the books begin.

Just to note though, on the wiki, it says on the side pane that Bran was born in 290AC, but to the left under his history it says he was born in 291AC. (wasn't sure if this is the place to point it out, sorry).

Archived