Book Release Delayed?

howdarkwepray

You sure you don't mean 28th October 2014 as the new arrival date? Or did you not select same day delivery? Because I've just got the same e-mail but with 28th October rather than 10th November.

I forgot to say that I'm not in UK, so it takes 2-4 days for a delivery. It still should arrive earlier than November 10th, though. But I've pre-ordered it in March, I can wait a few more days.

I forgot to say that I'm not in UK, so it takes 2-4 days for a delivery. It still should arrive earlier than November 10th, though. But I've pre-ordered it in March, I can wait a few more days.

Ah, no bother, didn't think of that

Okay, do after getting that annoying email on the 27th telling me the book wouldn't be released til November 20th, I was told the fault was with Amazon the release date was October 28th, I then got an email yesterday telling me the release date was back to October 28th. I then got an email today telling me it's changed back to November 20th again!

What the he'll is going on here?! Is Amazon just messing is about or has the UK release date genuinely been changed?

Anyone know?

I've received another email from amazon.co.uk:

"Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Martin, George R. R. "The World of Ice and Fire (Song of Ice & Fire)"
Estimated arrival date: November 27 2014 - December 02 2014"

I just hope to receive it before Christmas.

So, this is interesting. On amazon.de, the hardback editions from Bantham and Harper Collins are dated on 28th October, but the Kindle edition (from Harper Voyager) is on 20th November.

On Austrian iBooks, there are both Random House and Harper Voyager editions available. The former on 28th October, the latter again on 20th November.

So, it seems to me that the dating shenangians are due mostly to Harper and their intention to release the electronic editions a month later. Maybe that lead to some mix-ups between hardback and electronic versions dates? Or could they really want to delay their edition altogether?

In any case, ordering the Bantham edition seems to be the safe route, as it only costs a couple of Euros more. That is, unless your heart is really set on the black Harper cover.

In my opinion, if you want to get your copy sooner - you will have to pay more regarding Amazon UK. I have pre-ordered my copy in March for £16 or something like that and due date is end of November. As I want it sooner, I have ordered again, with delivery date around 5th-7th of November and pre-paid £20 :) Waterstones' price is £30.

HarperCollins is till trying to get them to get their act together. Regardless, it'll be out October 28th in the UK.

I know you say this is an issue with Amazon, so I understand if you don't know the answer, but do you happen to know whether Amazon will actually deliver on October 28th? Or are these ammended release dates accurate and.we will be getting it some time in November? Like I say, I understand if you dont know the answer.

A more general question for Amazon users. I paid part of the balance for WOIAF with an Amazon gift card. If I were to cancel my order, how would I get that code back?

Archived