Would You Die For Your Country

Wade1865

QUESTION

Would you die for your country?

Three tours in IRQ and AFG comprised my best and worst years -- the most incomparable periods of my life that will be difficult, if not impossible, to match before I die. But...remember, war is a racket. And...understand, war is the most paradoxical of paradoxes of human activity. I strongly recommend to all that it is a huge mistake to die for the State, though it is worth it to fight.

ANSWER

Would I DIE for the United States, my fellow Americans, or any foreign savages with whom I shared common interests -- no fucking way. You are not worth it (e.g., scum narcissists like every politician in history; and exploiters like every immoral businessman who has ever profited -- 98% of the world's population).

Would I FIGHT for America and the associated benefits of being a citizen -- yes, absolutely. The rewards, most especially if you are born at the bottom of the socioeconomic spectrum, are worth it (i.e., so long as you don't die or become horribly wounded -- a fraction of the world's (genuine) combat veterans).

REWARDS

1. Power. The gross measure of a man's political, economic, and physical strengths. Given the world we live in, where men are measured by how much power they wield, it is one of the most obvious core factors of humanity and sought out by (most, but not every) man up until his willpower is finally broken and his heart has given up. Power is most easily earned and actively expressed on the battlefield -- personal examples abound, but are beyond the scope of this post. Its reward, however, is the most intoxicating, euphoric state of being that a man can experience. Unfortunately, wars end.

2. Money. An element of power. The value of money is self-evident, though most fail to understand why or how it is valuable. Given that war is a racket, where most wars are fought for some form of gain by way of destroying your opponents willpower, profits are potentially inexhaustible for the smart and lucky opportunist. Understand money and how to gain it effectively, and its value will never end -- it is the most useful element of power in the modern world. Fortunately, money is limitless.

3. Time. The ultimate factor of life. All other factors are proximate, including power. During war, especially where one comes close to being grievously wounded or killed; or when one observes another's death or inhuman wounds; mortality is irrevocably burned into your personal framework. Time -- life itself -- suddenly becomes your most valuable commodity while this realization becomes your most valuable realization. Although experience will eventually highlight the prime importance of time, surviving war will expedite its internalization. Hopefully, there is life after death.

SUMMARY

In other words, it's not worth it to die in war, but it's very much worth it to fight in one.

Well, as a descendant of "foreign savages", it seems my place as a "genuine" American is in question.

OTOH, I also don't want to ride my high horse over a questionable term in your admittedly interesting post so...

I think if it came down to it I'd fight to protect the values of secular democracy.

Fighting for corporations that are now more people in the eyes of the law than young black males, or so Bush Jr could play cowboy in search of fictional weapons...not so much.

Fuck no. People like me are more than likely to die fighting my country instead of for my country.

Hahahaha... didn't expect that.

Three guesses, you are:

1. Arabic

2. Slavic

3. American

I'm effectively done with fighting or dying (at war). And I suppose I'm just musing the fact that I'm now nothing more than a spectator. Yet, the world is on fire; and the American Empire is withdrawing prematurely while real-politicks is increasing amongst the lesser states. The world continues to interest and excite me, but I'm in the process of punching out.

(midlife crisis)

:D

Wade, you don't die for your country. You die to protect the person or persons next to you.

I would have when I was there three times myself.

If you need to talk about anything PM and I can help steer you in the correct direction.

Before the wars, I'd have said that "I would die for my country and that I'd die for my comrades". After the wars, I can say with 100% conviction that's I'd die for neither.

I don't need to talk -- I don't suffer from PTSD and, to be honest, I've gained more than I've lost after the last 8 years or so. See my OP.

You deployed?

Before the wars, I'd have said that "I would die for my country and that I'd die for my comrades". After the wars, I can say with 100% conviction that's I'd die for neither.

I don't need to talk -- I don't suffer from PTSD and, to be honest, I've gained more than I've lost after the last 8 years or so. See my OP.

You deployed?

I just sent you a PM.

If the ravaging hordes came over the walls, damn straight I'd fight for my country. I enjoy advantages here that many do not.

That said, fighting in foreign wars for a concept that is nebulous at best is less appealing and probably senseless. But just know that if you come for me, I WILL cut a bitch.

:P

If the ravaging hordes came over the walls, damn straight I'd fight for my country. I enjoy advantages here that many do not.

That said, fighting in foreign wars for a concept that is nebulous at best is less appealing and probably senseless. But just know that if you come for me, I WILL cut a bitch.

:P

<3

The object isn't to die for your country, but rather kill for it.

Or maybe not -- my opinion. There are other options, including killing:

1. Persuade

2. Influence

3. Coerce

4. Kill

The object is to break the enemies willpower.

Archived