AcroPhilia Game 2 sign-ups

Lady Blizzardborn

It's really simple/complicated.

I give out two acronyms and assign characters based on a theme that only I know. You take the character I give you and choose which acronym you want to use, then create an Acrophobia style clue, which you PM to me. When I have all the clues, or the deadline hits, I post them in the game thread. Everyone tries to guess everyone else's clues, and also the theme (which can make it easier to get the clues right). All guesses are PM'd to the host, including theme guesses, and you also vote for your favorite clue this way. At the end of the round, I tally up points for correct guesses, points for the authors for incorrect guesses made on their clues, theme points, and favorite clue.

This will be a three-round test game, based on discussions we had about various options during the first game (a massive seven-round undertaking undertaken by Dolorous Gabe, to whom we are forever grateful!). The final format of AcroPhilia may remain somewhat variable as host discretion will probably remain a factor, but the hope is that after a couple more test games, we'll have the basics nailed down.

Did I explain it adequately? :D Full rules will be posted on the game thread, which will go up tomorrow (Monday).

Okay. Thank you!

I'm too chicken . . .

I swear that's not a joke.

ok, it was a joke.

Please sign me up.

sorry.

Promise i won't do that again. ;)

I'm going to have to go look at the last game and see if that makes more sense than the rules. :eek:

Hahaha good luck looking at the first game for help. It evolved heavily from the original rule set. This is going to be a bit simpler I think.

It will become pretty clear as we get going. Us veterans of the titanic game 1 will help the newcomers with anything confusing and Lady B will be a great, clear and fair host.

Damn, I distinctly remember signing up.

Oh well.

Put me down as a replacement, I guess...?

We do have space for one more, Emmit. But I have to say you are the very last person I'm adding to the game. You're a few hours down compared to the others as far as clue creation time goes, but I think you can do it. Look for a PM in your box!

Well, I understood there where only 16 places due to theme constrictions, so time wasn't my only problem anyway :dunno:

Maybe I should just host the next game, then there is no way that I'm not in in one way or another...

Well, I understood there where only 16 places due to theme constrictions, so time wasn't my only problem anyway :dunno:

Maybe I should just host the next game, then there is no way that I'm not in in one way or another...

That works. SNA mentioned maybe hosting a game, but then things got really busy for him so you may be hosting the next game.

Archived