College Football 2014: Every Day Should Be Saturday

Ferrum Aeternum

-- With apologies to the superbly entertaining cfb blog of the same name.

A&M is trying to come back, but man does Arkansas look impressive. I take back all those jabs I made at them for hiring Bielema...his system is firing on all cylinders.

Also note that Michigan is getting KO'd at home once again, this time by the Gophers. May I suggest Dan Mullen for the next Wolverines coach? Anything to get him out of Starkville.

Arky choked hard. Should've won that game.

TCU may be ranked tomorrow. After a rusty opening, took SMU behind the woodshed and beat them worse than Baylor, UNT, or Aggie. We also manhandled Minnesota last week, and Minn just finished demolishing Michigan (who supposedly had the 9th best run defense in the country).

Next week OU. Gonna be tough.

This lack of upsets is making me sad. My own team has reached that point where what I'm mostly hoping for the season is chaos for everyone else. I enjoy a good upset and this Saturday is failing to deliver in the cruelest possible ways.

First half tally: 3 turnovers, 75 yards in penalties. The only thing keeping Memphis in the game is our poor fundamentals.

This is why I don't really fear any big time program coming after Hugh Freeze. His teams simply are not fundamentally sound, and there's no way to win at a high level when that's the case.

ETA: 70 yard TD called back on a holding call. Stay tuned! Top 10 upset incoming.

ETA2: Ole Miss has a really fucking great defense. Held a team averaging more than 500 yards offense to 103 yards and 3 points. Pick'em is a PUSH at 21. But our offensive line is horrendous and will cost us a number of games this year, most likely starting with next Saturday against Alabama.

Archived