9th Annual Secret Santa Gifts Are Arriving All Over the World!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

For the past 8 years, we have had a Christmas gift exchange. I would like us to have one again this year and am willing to coordinate it.

Once again, we will have a $40US value of the gift. (not including shipping)

Signups will run through the month of October.

Names will be given out the first week of November

Shipping should be done by the first week of December

1) If you would like to sign up, just post in this thread and fill out the questionnaire. (you can PM/e-mail this if you prefer)

2) PM or e-mail me your real name and address
3) I will PM you your person and their information
4) Read your person's questionnaire and buy them a gift you think they would like
5) Ship your gift so it will arrive before December 24th
6) Post in this thread when you get your gift (I like to keep track); try and guess who it is from
7) Have a good time getting to know more about people here

I have to say this, as it has happened several times:

PLEASE, PLEASE, only sign up if you are sure you can participate.

Signups will be from now until the first week of November, so you have a month or so to decide!

For people who want to see how last year's turned out, here is the link: link

Shipping last year was at an all time high, so I have a list of links of places you can order from in various countries (you do not have to use these, it is just an extra thing I thought might help). If you know of any good sites for specific countries let me know and I will add them to the list.

Australia: http://shopping.kadaza.com.au/

Canada: http://www.amazon.ca/

http://www.shop.ca/

Germany: http://www.amazon.de/

Great Britian: http://www.amazon.co.uk/

India: http://shopping.rediff.com/shopping/index.html

http://www.homeshop18.com/

http://www.flipkart.com/

http://www.amazon.in/

You forgot to link to dudeiwantthat.com and thinkgeek.com

These do vary over time, but this is a guide:

I don't know if this is helpful at all, but $40 = £24.61 according to Google, or 31.51 Euro, or 2463.6 rupees.

The Santas
Anomaly/Cora

King Tyrion I

One Eyed Raven

Honeyed Chicken

Helena and the Machine

Kobayashi Maru

Zar Lannister

Arya Kiddin

Gillio

Elder Sister

DreamSongs

Fragile Bird

Expecto Patronum

Nymeria 10K

TC

KiDistaster

QCat

Lany Cassandra

Maid of Woodlynne

Lady Oleana

sj4ij

Lily Valley

Anubiel

LittleFingersintheAir

lessthanluke

Baitac

MoIaF

mcbigski

Space Bandito

starkystarkz

Mountain Goat

Nox Irraidata

Masonity

Questionnaire: Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc):

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc):
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc):
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like):
Favorite animal:
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like):
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:
Do you collect anything?
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?

What is your favorite:

a. Color?
b. Type of candy?
c. Type of munchie?
d. Puzzle to do?

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .

What type of hobbies do you have?

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

Favorite Christmas movie and why?

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Favorite Christmas music

What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c. organized, but fast paced
d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

What colors are in your home:

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc

Anything else your SS should know about you?

Do you have any wish lists?

Signing up.

Thank you, Lany, for hosting. :kiss:

My questionnaire:

Are you over 18? Yes.
Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): French, Asian and Italian. Hot'n'spicy.
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Chewing gum, nuts
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Fresh, masculine
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Photography. My collections. Writing and reading.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Non-fiction (history, medicine, psychology, law and neurology), graphic novels, true stories, fantasy.
Favorite animal: Dragons, lions.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): The great classics. Greenaway films.
Favorite Color : Purple/Green
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: surprise me. But no Christmas music, please. Something local/spiritual would be nice.
Do you collect anything? Yepp. Dice. But also mugs, lanyards and old fountain pens and pipes, role playing games books and accessoires. Funko Pops, Mystery Minis, books. Lannister related articles, caps.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? I'm always in need of ballpens. And tea and coffee - especially brands/blends I haven't tasted yet.
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I love surprises. I really do.

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? Purple/Green
b. Type of candy? Turkish nougat, chocolate
c. Type of munchie? Chips.
d. Puzzle to do? Logical puzzles and jigsaws.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) Mh... no, I don't really.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, listening to music, cooking, writing, baking, my collections, taking photos, going abroad I guess I'm the active type of guy.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Chaos! <g>

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?
Immediate family.
7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? Santa Claus(e) with Tim Allan. I really do like that kind of humor. And "Nightmare before Christmas".

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/
Religious Christian

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:
a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.
c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet
d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.
B) Sounds great. But I'd also buy champagne for that event.

10. Favorite Christmas music
Johannes Sebastian Bach

11. What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

e) Definitely.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.
Cohiba Cigars (I'd really love to taste them.)

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)
clothes: men's xl, hats: m

14. What colors are in your:
a. Bedroom?
Blue
b: kitchen?
White
c. living room?
Beige
15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc)
Nothing special, although I do have a few vintage pieces of furniture.

Anything else your SS should know about you? Surprise me. I really like surprises.

Dear Secret Santa,

If you want to give me Funkos, I'd like Tywin with *golden* armor or Sansa.

I don't have either any Dark Horse or Three Zero figurines yet.

UPDATE!

I currently own these Funkos: normal Tyrion, Battle axe Tyrion, Pop Cultcha's exclusive Tyrion, Tywin with *silver* armor, Hot Topic exclusive Bloody Brienne, Cersei, Jaime, The Hound, Joffers

I currently own these Mystery Minis: Joffrey In Memoriam, Joffrey normal, Tyrion, In Memoriam Tywin

This sounds really fun! I know I haven't been super active on here but I would love to participate. I'm assuming I use the questionnaire from last year and post my answers here, correct?

You can post it here or PM it too me if you feel more comfortable with that

I had been copying the questionnaire from out first year and there were a lot of duplicate questions on it, so I have streamlined it this year.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Blue! Especially Dark Blue
b. Type of candy? Fruity like Skittles or Starburst with an occasional Twix here or there
c. Type of munchie? Popcorn (Movie theater butter)
d. Puzzle to do? hmmm..sudoku is fun I do like crosswords as well

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .not really, despite being a packrat.haha

What type of hobbies do you have? I love watching television/movies but reading is my ultimate love. I would like to get into more sci-fi/fantasy books. I also started making my own cotumes (cosplay)

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Excitement

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate family. We have a traditional where my oldest sister wakes me up and then we wake up my other sister and open up our stockings as my parents are waking up.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Nightmare Before Christmas, anything stop motion (rankin bass), Elf

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/- semi religious family but pretty secular in celebration

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

Totally D. I love the hustle and bustle of the city and NYC is the perfect Christmas location. Plus there's a chance of snow

Favorite Christmas music- anything really but I love "O Holy Night" and "All I Want for Christmas is You". I normally start listening right after Halloween

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

C for sure

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant- hmm.. probably an expensive purse (like Chanel)

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)- Adult large in shirts and large in pants. I have an affinty for nerdy clothes (GOT/ASOIAF, HP, LOTR, Star Wars, etc)

What colors are in your home: Earth tones (greens and browns)

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc- still live at home with the parents but I would say country (a lot of pottery and we use a trunk for our coffee table)

Anything else your SS should know about you? I'm super nerdy and I love socks.haha thats me in a nutshell. Plus I love anything DIsney/animation

Do you have any wish lists? no

*waves hand* Me! Sign me up please :) And thank you for coordinating this :love:

ETA; By munchies you mean snacks right? Also, I know it is early to ask this, but roughly what date would we expect our parcels to arrive? I understand you cant know exactly, but a rough guesstimate would be fine. Just because it will affect the address I use

EDIT; Nevermind, I read the OP more closely.

My Questionnaire 1&2 :D

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Green

b. Type of candy? Does gum count? I love all minty flavored gum and cinnamon.

c. Type of munchie? Lime hot cheetos

d. Puzzle to do? Chess Problem

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Lol I don't.

What type of hobbies do you have? I love to draw, write, run, sculpting, bake, read, and listen to music.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?

Engaging

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

Big family Christmas, I don't see everyone in one place.... ever! So this would be nice

Favorite Christmas movie and why?

Its a Wonderful Life - Because this reminds me of my own life and its one of the few family treasure I enjoy.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ I'm Agnostic, so non-religious

More then likely B, because I could see myself doing that every year as a tradition and never grow tired of such a beautiful image.

Favorite Christmas music

-Have yourself a Merry little Christmas by Frank Sinatra

-Santa baby by Marilyn Monroe

-Silent night by Dean Martin

-Walking In A Winter Wonderland by Dean Martin

I'm a dork like that :blush:

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed <---------

e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

Hoop earrings or a dress (actually that's kind of a lie, I've been told I should wear hoops, but I would never buy them for myself)

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

In shirts I'm a small, in jeans I'm a three. I lost a lot of weight, but I'm trying to gain it back, so normally I'm 104 pounds (46.7 kg) and 5'3 (162.6 cm)

I like stupid shirts :P I just bought these (and many others) over the weekend http://www.snorgtees.com/always-be-yourself http://www.snorgtees.com/if-zombies-chase-us

White, Blue, Egg Shell, Brown,

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc

Modern, lol idk what more to say about it

Anything else your SS should know about you?

Um..... I love surprises, and honestly I don't care what I get, I'm not just saying that either, I would just appreciate the gesture.

No,

Are you over 18? Yes

Are you willing to ship internationally? Of course!

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Anything spicy lol, I love Thai, Japanese, Italian, I don't really like fast food, and I really dislike McDonald's

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Again, does gum count?

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Green Apple, or my body wash scent, which I adore (Honey Autumn Apple)

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): I love to draw, write, run, sculpting, bake, read, and listen to music.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): I love all kinds of books! I don't care what kind of genre it is, I will read it! I don't want to limit myself when it comes to books :P

Favorite animal: I love dogs, but monkeys are also a big love of mine, and above all; mountain gorillas :wub:

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): My Favorite films in category; -Chick Flick: Pride and Prejudice

-Drama: Requiem of a dream -Historical Action: Gladiator -Indie: Boy A -Biography(ish): Alpha Dog -Based On A Book I Read & Enjoyed: The Boy In the Striped Pajamas -Crime: Kill Bill -Action: Inception -Epic: Memento -War: Saving Private Ryan - Sadist In Me, Craving Attention: Reservoir Dogs (with the best ost ever) -Coming of Age:

Stand By Me (or Seabiscuit) -Sci-fi: Cloud Atlas -Sci-fi/fantasy series: The Matrix -Sci-fi series: Alien -Girl Power: A League of Their Own -Thiller: The Butterfly Effect -Classic: Singin' In the Rain -Gratuitous Nudity: Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay-Childhood: Hercules -Comedy: The Big Lebowski -Romance: You've Got Mail -Documentary: Food Inc. -Horror: 28 days later -Guilty Pleasure: Fried Green Tomatoes -80's Addiction: Back to the Future

Favorite Color : Green

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like:

Cold war kids - Panic at the disco Cashmere cat - Diplo - Never Shout Never - Scorpions - Smashing Pumpkins! - 30 seconds to mars - Alunageorge - Foo Fighter - Third Eye Blind - Incubus (Stellar is my favorite) - The neigborhood - Bingo players - After Dark - Sleeping with sirens - Foster the people - Ben's brothers - Led ZEPPELIN - Modestep - Billy Joel

John Frusciante - Phil Collins - Edward Sharpe & the magnetic Zeros - The killers - All time low - Anarbor - Lit - Green Day - Alexisonfire - RHCP (before 2000s) Californication is one of my favorites - All American rejects - weezer - Pierce the Veil - The 1975 - Bowling for Soup - I also like classical and movie scores - And a lot more (I love music lol) I'll listen to just about anything

Do you collect anything? No, I want to start but my taste is a bit all over the place. I think I'll start a funko pop collection

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? Not really anything I want lol, um............ I guess earbuds (I usually buy a pair once every three months since I'm so hard on them, and they aren't even the cheap one, I'm just can't seem to take care of earbuds :( )

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I'm a pretty open minded person, I love to laugh, and have a great time. I joke around at least 90% of my entire day, unless I'm at work then its all seriousness :devil:

But overall I'm pretty chill, easy to please, and just appreciate the idea of someone thinking of me, and me them. :lol:

Questionnaire:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Jewel-tones of green, red, blue. No pastels!

b. Type of candy? No thanks

c. Type of munchie? No thanks

d. Puzzle to do? Recipe

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Yule

What type of hobbies do you have?Getting by day to day :p

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? TOGETHER

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Its a Wonderful Life because it is one of the most beautiful movies every.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Yule

B

Favorite Christmas music

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

E

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Deep fryer

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)no, but scarves are welcome :)

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc Broken boxes.

Anything else your SS should know about you? I love anything and everything.

Archived