9th Annual Secret Santa Gifts Are Arriving All Over the World!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

though i didn't get my shit together soon enough to participate in the secret santa action, i must give a shout out to my beautiful Fragile Bird who made not only my Christmas but that of Princess and Precious...the Harry Potter gifts, the wonder Polish candies and of course the Maple cookies, which Precious has declared to be the greatest cookie in the world...beating out smores, something i never thought would happen...

... :wub:

• 7 months later...

Tips for this year's host:

I used a spreadsheet to keep everything straight.  I listed all who were participating, then copied their names into random.org for shuffling.  then pasted that list next to the original one. I made sure no one had themselves or anyone they had the past two years.  I then used the spreadsheet to track dates shipped and dates gifts arrived.

There are always personal issues that need to be taken into account with the sorting of names. (people will PM you) Use your discretion with these.

It might be best to do two separate lists as shipping charges get more extreme every year (but I did get all those links last year so people can order on-line and save on shipping) [US/Canada together; Everyone else together]  I have done this a few times, but didn't last year.

once everything was over, I delete the spreadsheets and all the PMs with people's addresses.

Good luck!

I'm going to deliver my SS gift via drone this year. The cost of drone may just be cheaper thank the freaking postal service :boxing:

Seriously, I'm already antsy pantsy!

I think postage cost almost as much as the hift last year. And some fool in customs damaged the package. I may require a rethink this year

If no one minds, I'm willing to host now that things have settled down into something that seems like a normal pattern of life.

My plan is to stick with the normal pattern of things...sign-ups through October, names given out the first week of November.

Me too!

Instead of making a gift list (like I normally do, I have no shame) I think I really want local things from my SS. I loved seeing the pictures of all the neat things from around the world. I love seeing what creative stuff people come up with.

Me too!

Instead of making a gift list (like I normally do, I have no shame) I think I really want local things from my SS. I loved seeing the pictures of all the neat things from around the world. I love seeing what creative stuff people come up with.

Admit it, you just want to make the guessing stage easier for yourself :p

because i have missed the sign up before...i am in early and hard, Bexie, my dear....

beware sniffer gifts, my friends...you never know where i might have been...the stink may be hard to wash off

:smoking:

Archived