9th Annual Secret Santa Gifts Are Arriving All Over the World!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

Favorite Type of Food: Italian, sushi

Favorite Scent: pumpkin spice, vanilla, cotton candy

Favorite Hobby: drinking craft beer, sharing a meal with friends

Favorite books or types: Chuck Palahniuk, GRRM, Stephen King, Irvine Welsh - along those lines

(Palahniuk and King have new books out right now and I don't have either of them - if you buy a book, feel free to write a note on the inside cover. I'm suuuuuper sentimental.)

Favorite animal: I love dogs. [and unicorns ;)]

Favorite movies or types: dystopian sci-fi, dark thrillers, John Hughes, Kevin Smith - no chick flicks!

Favorite Music Artist/Type: Afghan Whigs, Gaslight Anthem, Death Cab for Cutie, U2, REM

Do you collect anything? Horcruxes, Tattoos, Autographed NY Yankees memorabilia, Funko Pop Westerosi

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need?

Want, not need:

Lush Snow Fairy shower gel - it's only available at Christmastime

Brienne of Tarth Funko Pop

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Black

b. Type of candy? Twix

c. Type of munchie? Cool Ranch Doritos

d. Puzzle to do? sudoku?

Do you collect anything for Christmas? Colonial Williamsburg ornaments, but I'm a member so they come to me automatically.

What type of hobbies do you have? reading, TTTNE, being a beer snob, hanging with the BWB at cons

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family!

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Huge Italian Family Christmas

Favorite Christmas movie and why?

It's a Wonderful Life - family tradition to watch it together on Christmas Eve

Nightmare Before Christmas - I stay up with my brother to watch this after everyone has gone to bed

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ - Religious. I'm Catholic

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.

Move this cabin to the heart of Central Park, include my huge extended family and my homemade eggnogg and it will be perfect!

Favorite Christmas music

A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector

Vince Guaraldi Trio - A Charlie Brown Christmas

Any Sinatra Christmas Album which incudes Adeste Fideles or It Came Upon A Midnight Clear

I also love indie rock/alternative/punk holiday stuff

What is your Christmas morning like

a. chaotic - I always have a lot of traveling to do, with multiple stops, and usually have to work on the 26th

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Diamond stud earrings from Tiffany & Co.

What sizes do you wear: I'm a size 7.5 ring, if anyone is headed to Tiffany's

What colors are in your home?

Tiffany Blue, white and chocolate brown accents in my bedroom, red accents in the kitchen and chocolate brown in the living room - the walls are still white. I never did get around to painting...

What style is your home decorated in? Mission (built in 1907 so I tried to keep it period authentic) but with skulls everywhere \m/

Anything else your SS should know about you?

I am a proud Hufflepuff, and my wand is 13.5 inches, cherry, slightly yielding, with a Phoenix feather core.

I have a tattoo which reads "Hello Sweetie" in High Gallifreyan.

My favorite tv show of all time is L O S T.

I dig prop replicas.

Do you have any wish lists?

This should give you an idea of the type of stuff I'd buy for myself:

http://www.thinkgeek.com/brain/gimme.cgi?wid=81f70eb61

I'm in!

People, be specific with what you want Santa to bring you, pleeeeeeeaaaaaase!

*this Santa needs things spelled out :P *

Questionnaire:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? White

b. Type of candy? Anything without nuts/peanuts

c. Type of munchie? Hot and spicy stuff (without peanuts/nuts :lol: )

d. Puzzle to do? Simon

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . No

What type of hobbies do you have? I like going to comic cons, and reading comic books. I garden and I used to quilt.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Jams

Favorite Christmas movie and why? A Christmas Story - it cracks me up - Also Mickey's Christmas Carol

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/

If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops

b. Tiny cabin in the woods, fire going, very rustic, warm and cozy with your close family and friends, wearing jeans and sweaters.

c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet

d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

Favorite Christmas music - My father playing the organ in church

What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

c. organized, but fast paced

d. "Christmas is HOW SOON???!!!!"

e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. I love Funko Pops (I am lacking Hodor, Joff, ygritte & Brienne) and I love anything The Walking Dead. I am behind in Saga issues (I left off on 19) and pretty much anything right now cause I'm broke :lol: Wait! I have wanted NARS sheer lipstick in Cruising for a while. I can't justify spending $26 on a lipstick for myself. My sister has it and it is a beautiful color!

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

No clothes, please :)

What colors are in your home: White, majolica, seafoam green, blue

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc

I have a 4 year old so it doesn't matter cause there are toys everywhere! Toys, that's my decor.

Don't stress over what to get - I'm easy to please cause I'm always just happy to be part of this!

Yes:

1. Win Lotto!

Well, I'm always up for something new and interesting :D I'll participate.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): I'm up for anything new, really. I like dishes from all cultures.

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail): Have plenty of candy, really...but if there's anything 'different' that I couldn't find in the states, I'm up for it.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): No scented stuff, please. My husband has allergies.

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): My hobbies constantly change. I never stick with anything for very long.

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): classics, British literature, anything superbly written, really.

Favorite animal: I love all kinds of animals, but cats are probably my favorite.

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Eh, I'm really picky about movies and don't watch many, tbh.

Favorite Color : Love all colors except for neons or ugly shades like chartreuse.

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: classical and soundtracks, mostly

Do you collect anything? I like collecting 'cultural things' from other countries. I have kimono from Japan, a bullroarer from Australia, for example. Anything like that.

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? not really. Love anything for my kids, though.

Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: I'm quite eclectic and love to travel.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Guess I'll go with dark shades of red, but I'm really not picky at all and I like anything that goes together well

b. Type of candy? Milk chocolate and creamy caramel

c. Type of munchie? Can't say I really have one, tbh. Whatever's around, I guess.

d. Puzzle to do? Not big on puzzles :)

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.). Every year we have our kids pick out ornaments for the tree, but other than that, not really.

What type of hobbies do you have? Computers, needlework, drawing, reading, traveling, translating (when I have the time, which is not often these days), doing stuff with my kids, etc. Really just about anything at all, tbh.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family.

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? We've never had a big family Christmas, so the latter, definitely.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? A VHS tape of various Christmas Specials from the 80s that my mom made for my sister and me when we were kids. Every year we watch it together.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Non-religious Christmas

a. A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops

c. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet

d. NYC Christmas, Park Avenue, last minute hustle and bustle, haute couture with a 4 course meal and champagne with 50 of your favorite people. Wearing, of course. the latest fashion favorites.

The Cabin in the Woods...because I think Christmas should be intimate and lazy.

Favorite Christmas music A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

Slow and relaxed...we just wait for everyone to get up before opening presents.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Jewelry - I don't own much, and I never buy it because I'd rather spend the money on useful stuff.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) No clothing, please- I'm too hard to size up XD

What colors are in your home: Tans, beiges, rust reds, light greens, dark-stained woods

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc Simplistic, I guess. I don't like clutter or chachkies

Anything else your SS should know about you? I have two children, a young girl and young boy, and would love anything I could share or give to them. I also love anything cool from different places. Things that are 'ethnic" or culturally relevant to the place they are from, I really love as well.

Do you have any wish lists? Ha ha, not for myself.

Here is my first questionnaire :

Questionnaire #1:

What is your favorite:

a. Color?
Purple
b. Type of candy? chocolate covered licorice, although this is really hard to find. I also LOVE Smarties candy. Actually I like most candies. :-)
c. Type of munchie? Baby back ribs, but I don’t eat them much and would certainly not expect them for a christmas present!
d. Puzzle to do? Logic, Cross Sums.

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) .

Christmas ornaments! I love the Radko ones, but like anything unique and beautiful. I also collect Department 56 Dickens Village pieces.

What type of hobbies do you have?

I knit. I love logic puzzles and ravensburger jigsaw puzzles. I enjoy yoga, too.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be?

Family, Giving, Love (I know, that’s three)

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies?

jammies for sure!

Favorite Christmas movie and why?

A Christmas Story and Elf, I remember watching these with my dad and we cracked up!

Religious or non-religious

I’m not particularly religious, but I occasionally go to mass or holiday services.

Favorite Christmas music -

The classics are always nice, but I like to hear some new alternative takes on Christmas music, too.

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

I’m not sure about this one ....

What colors are in your home:

dusty green, brown, red, white. Basically the rainbow!

eclectic, mish mash.

I don’t drink alcohol, so there’s that. Oh, and I'm obsessed with Jo Mallone fragrances and candles.

Absolutely - it's my Amazon wish list!

Questionnaire #2:

Are you over 18? Yes

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.

Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Italian, Thai, Cuban

Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Smarties! I also love chocolate covered licorice, but it’s really hard to find.

Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Fresh, crisp clean smells

Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): I I’m a huge Lord of the Rings fan and collect many of the items from the series. I knit and love puzzles (especially ravensburger jigsaw puzzles).

Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy and Sci Fi. I also enjoy some spiritual books, such as Joseph Campell’s, etc.

Favorite animal: kitties!

Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): I love movies. All kinds. I’m currently seeking a BluRay or DVD of Antonia’s Line.

Favorite Color : Purple & Green

Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: I love the eels. Such an excellent band! I also could use any Beetles CDs, since I don’t have any, for some reason.

Do you collect anything? Christmas Ornaments, Game of Thrones memorabilia, Lord of the Rings weta statues

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? I really want and need an umbrella. So of course a geeky yet classy one would be nice.

Well, I'm always up for something new and interesting :D I'll participate.

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Guess I'll go with dark shades of red, but I'm really not picky at all and I like anything that goes together well

b. Type of candy? Milk chocolate and creamy caramel

c. Type of munchie? Can't say I really have one, tbh. Whatever's around, I guess.

d. Puzzle to do? Not big on puzzles :)

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.). Every year we have our kids pick out ornaments for the tree, but other than that, not really.

What type of hobbies do you have? Computers, needlework, drawing, reading, traveling, translating (when I have the time, which is not often these days), doing stuff with my kids, etc. Really just about anything at all, tbh.

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family.

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? We've never had a big family Christmas, so the latter, definitely.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? A VHS tape of various Christmas Specials from the 80s that my mom made for my sister and me when we were kids. Every year we watch it together.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Non-religious Christmas

The Cabin in the Woods...because I think Christmas should be intimate and lazy.

Favorite Christmas music A Charlie Brown Christmas Soundtrack

a. chaotic

b. slow and relaxed

e. all of the above.

Slow and relaxed...we just wait for everyone to get up before opening presents.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Jewelry - I don't own much, and I never buy it because I'd rather spend the money on useful stuff.

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) No clothing, please- I'm too hard to size up XD

What colors are in your home: Tans, beiges, rust reds, light greens, dark-stained woods

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc Simplistic, I guess. I don't like clutter or chachkies

Anything else your SS should know about you? I have two children, a young girl and young boy, and would love anything I could share or give to them. I also love anything cool from different places. Things that are 'ethnic" or culturally relevant to the place they are from, I really love as well.

Do you have any wish lists? Ha ha, not for myself.

Welcome! It is great to have you with us!

Questionnaire:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Red

b. Type of candy? Chocolate

c. Type of munchie? Chocolate

d. Puzzle to do? Logic

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Mother Mary

What type of hobbies do you have? Reading, running, the board, Sci-fi movies, science, listening to musicCf you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Love

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Huge party Christmas eve, totally relaxed Christmas morning.

Favorite Christmas movie and why? It's a Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol. Because I am lucky. Even with the rough couple of years I've had I am lucky and I need to be reminded of the good friends I have around me.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Midnight Mass for me. Religeous

. Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter nd glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet

B. It would be like home, but I wouldn't have to clean the house first.

Favorite Christmas music

The cheezy carols from the 50's and Bach Chorales

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant.

Perfume

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing)

US 2 or 4. Women's small or medium.

What colors are in your home:

Pastels and bright yellow.

Eclectic. It is half antique and antique reproductions and half shamble hand-me-down furniture. I have housemates and they just leave stuff. Lots of art featuring women.

I LOVE PRESENTS and NOTES!

I love regional stuff. If you are somewhere else, I would love to get something from your local small business.

Yeah I've just been super busy but I can't wait to figure out what to get someone for the holiday!

OER! I owe you a PM about getting our rooms together for Sasquan! I haven't forgotten! KISSES!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Lany, I love you so much. Thank you for organizing this. I said last year that my SS gift was the only one I received last year. My son was institutionalized over Christmas and it was the only year in recorded memory that we didn't throw our party on Christmas Eve. I didn't even get a tree.

I was in tears getting my gift from the Lovely Robin of House Hill. I have been wearing the perfume she sent all summer as it is the perfect scent for me in hot, sweaty weather. The kind words and the touch from a wonderful friend I have not yet met meant the world to me. Thank you Lany for making my Christmas bearable. Thank you Secret Santa for your kindness and generosity.

Here's my qustionaire from last year. It has to be crunched a little to fit into this year's format - will do that eventually.

Questionnaire 1

Are you over 18? Yup
Are you willing to ship internationally? Definitely.
Favorite Type of Food (i.e. Italian, Mexican, McDonald's, Burger King, etc): Anything but "American".
Favorite Candy (things that won't melt or go bad in mail) : Chocolate.
Favorite Scent (i.e. Fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Unscented.
Favorite Hobby (i.e. Scrap booking, Photography, things you collect, etc): Fantasy sports; table top games; photography - love a good photo.
Favorite books or types (romance, true store, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy/Sci-fi. Coffee table photo books.

Favorite animal: Cats.
Favorite movies or types (romance, comedy or just a DVD/VHS you would like): Action; spy thrillers; superhero - dvd.
Favorite Color : dark green, blue-green.
Favorite Music Artist/Type or a CD you would like: The Who, hard rock, punk rock.
Do you collect anything? No.
Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? I like T-shirts from far away (from Vermont, USA) places.
Anything else you would like your SS to know about you: Anything you send will be fun. Don't go crazy.

Questionnaire 2
2. What is your favorite:

a. Color? dark green, blue-green.
b. Type of candy? chocolate; sweet sour candies; dried fruits; exotic jams.
c. Type of munchie? love all kinds of nuts, in or out of the shell.
d. Puzzle to do? like brain teaser puzzle types; rubick's cube; board games.

3. Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . No, but interesting or handmade ornaments are always fun and appreciated.

4. What type of hobbies do you have? Fantasy sports; table top games; photography.

5. If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Family.

6. Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? The latter.

7. Favorite Christmas movie and why? None - never saw a Christmas movie that with me clicked for whatever reason.

8. Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ We have a non-religious christmas.

9. If you could spend Christmas in any one of these places, which one would you choose and why:

Yes. ;) ( they all sound great).

10. Favorite Christmas music None of the movies, but pretty much all the music - serious and silly both.

11. What is your Christmas morning like"

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
e. all of the above.

a mix of b. & c. - relaxed, but purposeful & not slow.

12. Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. A kilt.

13. What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) I wear a large T-shirt.

14. What colors are in your:
a. bedroom? Canary yellow (my wife picked it).
b: kitchen? An off-white called ivory tower, elements of peach in it, slightly.
c. living room? Not telling. (we haven't renovated that yet).

15. What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc) It's a cottage/craftsman style house, normally done in "mission style", but we haven't been strict about that.

Anything else your SS should know about you? Don't stress. A box of chocs OR a bag of Swedish fish OR a block of cheese OR a t-shirt OR something handmade (love mittens, hats, etc) - I'll be happy - thanks! :wub:

:)

Yay! I'm in again! Will fill in the questionnaire as soon as I can :)

Edit:

What is your favorite:

a. Color? Gray and light blue
b. Type of candy? Chocolate and fudge

c. Type of munchie? Maltesers
d. Puzzle to do? Jigsaw puzzles

Do you collect anything for Christmas? (i.e. certain types of ornaments, nativities, snowmen...etc.) . Nope

What type of hobbies do you have? Riding, redecorating the house, entertaining my cats and reading...

If you were going to theme Christmas with just one word... what would it be? Peace

Big family Christmas with everyone down to 2nd cousins...or just immediate family in their jammies? Immediate family

Favorite Christmas movie and why? Love Actually. I love all the small stories coming together.

Religious or non-religious Christmas/Chaunaka/ Non-religious, even though we attend church for tradition’s sake.

a.
A beach on a tropical island just a few very close family or friends, be lazy and open presents and then have a non traditional dinner including Pina Coladas and BBQ shrimp, wearing swimsuits, Bermuda shorts and tank tops
c.
Biltmore Estates, full regalia, all glitter and glitz, all your close family and friends, wearing black tie and velvet

Favorite Christmas music Old English carols

a. chaotic
b. slow and relaxed
c.
organized, but fast paced
e. all of the above.

Name something you want but will never buy for yourself, just because you cannot see yourself being that flamboyant. Christian Louboutin heels

What sizes do you wear (optional answer if you would prefer to not have clothing) No clothing please, I prefer to buy my own clothes

What colors are in your home: Grey and white

What style is your home decorated in? (i.e. ethnic, country, southwestern...etc Modern Scandinavian. Or will be, if we ever finish...

Anything else your SS should know about you? I love surprises! And if my Secret Santa is in the US – I really, really like Yankee Candles, particularly those that aren’t sold in Europe, like Farmer’s Market, Caramel Pecan Pie, everything with pumpkin and Apple Spice.

And I love tea! Flavoured black tea of any kind.

Do you have any wish lists? No

Edit again - forgot the second form...

Are you over 18? Yes

Are you willing to ship internationally? Yes.

Favorite food? Thai.

Favorite candy? Maltesers. And fudge!

Favorite Scent (i.e. fruity, Vanilla, Flowery, etc): Amber, spice, pumpkin.

Favorite books or types (romance, true story, mystery or just one you would like): Fantasy, historical fiction and for those days when I feel really braindead and can’t cope with intricate plots – chicklit :p

Favorite animal: all animals, really!

Do you collect anything? Not consciously, but I have a huge amount of good quality scented candles (Voluspa, Jo Malone, Yankee Candle)...

Is there anything (not expensive) you want or need? New woolly socks! My feet are always cold. I’m a US size 9,5, European size 40

Archived