9th Annual Secret Santa Gifts Are Arriving All Over the World!

Lany Freelove Cassandra

So, I was powerfully drunk the night I signed up for Secret Santa and filled out my questionnaire. I probably should have gone back and reviewed/edited it sober, but maybe I'll just get equally drunk before I open my gift and get myself into the appropriate mindset.

So, I was powerfully drunk the night I signed up for Secret Santa and filled out my questionnaire. I probably should have gone back and reviewed/edited it sober, but maybe I'll just get equally drunk before I open my gift and get myself into the appropriate mindset.

:lmao: Please don't forget to video tape it :P

If my Secret Santa has not finished shopping yet, Pod has just mentioned a book on facebook, a novel called When Christ and His Saints Slept by Sharon Kay Penman, that is about an incident in English history that may have influenced GRRM. On November 25, 1120, The White Ship (la Blanche-Nef) sank off the coast of Brittany with only 2 survivors. The only legitimate son of King Henry I of England was one of the lost, together with an illegitimate half-brother of his, and other English nobles. This directly led to the civil war between Henry's daughter Matilda and her cousin Stephen, a war that had horrible consequences for England.

I'm a big fan of the Brother Cadfael novels, which take place during the civil war.

I see copies are available on Amazon Canada for $14.44, or about $13 US. :)

ETA: as if I need more books on my 'to read' pile....

Archived