AcroPhilia Game 2

Lady Blizzardborn

You not playing? I'm fine if you want in.

No, no, LadyB has enough people and not enough silverware, so I can not push in like that :smile: And yomi is ahead of me in line, in any case. I do not want the pity :pirate: I just thought to register if anyone will somehow need a replacement :blush: Thank you though.

I don't think we received a point last game for incorrect guesses of our clue's subject. The first game earned us a point for correct guesses of our character. We did, however, get a point if they incorrectly guessed which participant authored our clue. There may have been some confusion on this distinction... or maybe I'm confused now.

This is just a test game so I'm not at all concerned by trying a new balance, but what I anticipated was that dropping author guesses would have left 2 points for when I guess someone else's clue, (increased to 3 this game), and 1 point if someone else guesses my clue, (this doesn't exist)... then some modified theme and favorite clue points.

I guess it's worth noting that other people guessing our clues earns nothing... which somewhat favors a difficult clue over an easy or reasonable one.

Round 1 Clues (partial list)

1. Captain offers heiress precedential text.

2. Captain or Hand? (Perhaps trimmed.)

3. Relinquished domicile. Legatee then wrecks honour.

4. Randy defier loathed treasonous, wicked hand.

5. Red dame likes to watch heaters.

6. Riverrunner Downstream, Lost Through Whitecloak’s Hand

7. Rumors, disguises, listening then whispering, hairless.

8. Right digits left. Talented wildling hunter.

9. Cruelly Overpowered His Potential Threat.

10. Choked old hurtful paramour thoroughly.

11. Captures outsider, hunts payment. (Trident)

12. Chief of House. Pater terminated.

13. Casualty of hotheaded petulant talk.

14. Cooking off hotheads, provoked takeover

15. Coat of high pride -- tarnished.

16. Conquers old harpy places (two).

One of the clues is merely awaiting a decision on a possible edit. Two I have nothing thus far. I am allowing until the end of the day before I consider any point penalties (or awarding extra points to those who were on time).

Have a go at these, and send me your prelim theme guesses any time.

ETA: added clues 15 and 16.

Deadline for your final answers will be determined after I've received the 16th clue. An extension might be possible if someone has to drop out, so that our alternate(s) has time to submit a clue for this first round.

Archived