AcroPhilia Game 2

Lady Blizzardborn

I can't see a speed round for Acrophillia happening. Acrophobia - yes. As in the old Acrophobia game.

But think if you are asking the host to make up all the clues...

Just don't see it.

That's actually kind of how this started. I had fourteen leftovers for an Acrophobia round, different characters for each of them. Somebody thought it would be fun to guess which characters they were for, and the rest is history. Very recent history, but still...

Were they all with the same letters?

Or just different clues to different people - which I could see (sorta), but the name ACRO wouldn't be right then.

I just don't get the ACRO bit in doing an Acrophillia speed round with the host doing it all.

(Please don't take away prelims future hosts. Us people that aren't so great at this game may like the extra help)

One vote for no preliminaries (woofless) and one for (lil' ghost). I do think that we ought to try a game without preliminaries sometime though.

Especially if it is short, like mine :P

If everyone will keep onto their politeness (or busyness and indifference) and say nothing of whose game they want to play next, I will rigg the process, take the game and you will lose any vote you have :ninja:

(Please don't take away prelims future hosts. Us people that aren't so great at this game may like the extra help)

:agree: I really need like the prelims, too. It also gives me some time to digest all of the clues, etc.

I can understand the desire for speedier rounds, but for me one of the greatest things about this game is that it compels me to review and study the books more and I really like that. :read:

Were they all with the same letters?

Or just different clues to different people - which I could see (sorta), but the name ACRO wouldn't be right then.

I just don't get the ACRO bit in doing an Acrophillia speed round with the host doing it all.

All the same letters. I came up with them due to an overload of creativity on the assignment for the Secret Targs round of game (number) of Acrophobia.

I have to agree with this. I've only played the one game so I lack the ability to see if I've gotten any better, but without prelims in game one I would have bombed. However, I do see the point about trying it without prelims. And I certainly think that would be preferable in a speed game.

Well, should we then have a 3-round game without character prelims hosted by whitefinch first, and if it is indeed as horribly difficult as many of us fear now, I'll reinstate it in my game?

Or I start, and have no character prelims in the first round, but maybe have them again starting from the second round if a majority wants them after the test in the first round?

edit: I must confess I'm rather happyabout the prelims this round as they made me find out that I have 9 correct answers and not just 2 as I feared.

If everyone could decide soon, it would be good :ninja:

I might have to start a sign up thread in the next 24 hours, as I am not quite sure what windows I will climb out have on Monday and Tuesday, and might not be able to properly start it then, in case I am the host.

If you are doubtful about no preliminaries, it might be helped by me screening the clues properly or, possibly, giving you the preliminary guesses on five Edit: two, I think two is better of your chosen clues, besides the theme. I only want everyone to try it.

I'm not entirely certain, maybe DG can clarify on this, but IIRC we didn't have prelims in the very first round of the very first game and we still managed somehow.

Correct. Round 1 of game 1 had no prelims. It was requested and implemented in round 2.

That points to a pretty obvious theme but it doesn't fit my answers!

Its going to be a bad round for me, if I send prelims in it won't help because i can see for myself a big chunk are wrong and I won't know which ones.

The decision is reached now that I will host the next game, the most horrible game you will ever see :ninja:

If there is no opposition, I will start a sign up thread in the next hours, as I might not be able to do so well later. Do you mind, LadyB? I do know this game is still very much going on :ninja:

The one thing I still need comments on is preliminaries. Do you prefer to submit a whole list, a theme and three of your chosen clues for it, or do you want to play without it?

The new game will last three rounds.

Archived