Help me pick my vacation books

MisterOJ

So next week I am going on vacation and I am trying to decide what books I should get to take along with me. I have several on my TBR list but am trying to narrow my list down to just three.

Here are the ones I am looking at:

Cibola Burn by Corey

Heroes Die by Stover

The Half-Made World by Gilman

The Grim Company by Scull

Blood Song by Ryan

Promise of Blood by McClellan

Prince of Thorns by Lawrence

The Thousand Names by Wexler

Traitor's Blade by Castell

Whatever the first book by Bakker is, since I have yet to try that and want to see what all the fuss is about

And the new Robin Hobb book, whose name escapes me at the moment

Cibola Burn is almost definitely going to be one of my three. So really, it's two from the other lot - unless I just get a really wild idea to try something else instead. I'm going on a cruise, so whatever I pick is what I am stuck with. And, I'd really prefer to have a bit of variety in my reading, so please, tell me what you'd pick and why if you don't mind.

Just take 12 copies of Prince of Thorns. You can read it then hand out 11 copies to strangers, making new friends and leading to adventures that will save you from needing any more reading material until you return home to buy the rest of the trilogy.

... no, wait. Make that 100 copies.

The ever so subtle art of shameless self promotion in satirical format :)

I tend to buy from authors who engage with their fandom so I think I will pick you up soon Mr. Lawrence.

You want the books that will double as weapons in case the holiday goes poorly and you need to escape through a complicated series of narrow, but obviously daring escapes. The biggest and sturdiest and with the best binding on the spine. That's what you want.

I've heard a lot of good things about Blood Song. I intend to pick it up myself shortly.

The only trouble with taking Prince of Thorns is that you'll want the next two soon afterwards. At least, I did. To my dismay, I still don't own Emperor of Thorns. :leaving:

Thanks for all the feedback y'all. The final three wound up being Cibola Burn, Heroes Die and Prince of Thorns. I've already started Cibola Burn, though, and depending on how much of it I read in the next couple days before I leave; I may get a fourth, either Half-Made World or Blood Song.

Archived