Laws of Succession Endgame

DireNorthWolf

Here is a theory I have on how the 3 heads of the dragon will play out with the winner of the Game of Thrones:

The three heads are Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. Jon is the Prince that was Promised, and being from Rhaegar's line this makes sense (Prince, NOT King). He stays at the Wall as is his vow.

Tommen is murdered when the false Targaryen Aegon takes Kings Landing (and probably Cersei too). Myrcella is installed as his Queen by Dorne to appease the Tyrells and Westerlands (perhaps because Margery has an heir by this time and it keeps a direct family line of influence to the Queen). Dorne achieves considerable influence on the Small Council and under law. They include their female lines of succession laws to be law of all Westeros. Aegon complies as a reward for his kingdom. Littlefinger sees his opening and rallies the Vale and other houses to march on a still devastated Kings Landing while Stannis and the North are dealing with the Others. He has Aegon and Myrcella murdered and installs Sansa Stark as the rightful heir under law since Aegon had no heirs and the only one left from the Lannister line of succession is Tyrions wife, Jamie as Kingsguard is null. He makes alliances with Dorne assuring Sansa will be a pliable Queen. Dany and Tyrion arrive in the North and kick some Others ass with Jon and the dragons. Jon stays behind at the Wall, Dany and Tyrion take Kings Landing and Tyrion as the eldest child of Aerys takes over as King with Sansa as his rightful Queen. Fire and Ice rule the kingdom. Not clear about Dany.

I've thought everyone would ultimately have to fight The Others making the GOT completely irrelevant? Naively hoping all these fools will recognize the real battle and stop their stupid power grabs.. Can't see Sansa heading south when her heart lies to the north for any reason once the real threat becomes popularly apparent. Say it works out just as you theorize--what happens to everyone else? I expect Stannis to be a real player by the endgame just as I expect Arya to play a pivotal role in the complete undoing of the throne. Jamie's a major player. Varys is vested in everything. I like Sansa and Tyrion enough to hope they never end up together again. Sam's going to have something huge to bring to the table. IMHO Danny is TPTWP, but TLH & AA are still open positions not just anyone could fill. Dunno, the whole GOT has always seemed like a distraction from the real story. I don't see any throne left at endgame.

I'm not convinced the Others are the big threat, it may be magic and beings made from magic (dragons, others) in general which is why Varys wants to eradicate it all. I think Stannis may realize from Melisandre that he is not who he thought he was, or just not care since the threat from Others is so severe he's willing to fight alongside Dragonriders until it's done. I think Arya may be the Faceless Man who kills for Littlefinger in Kings Landing, putting Sansa on throne. Jamie's character is about redemption - he must help Starks in some way. Sam must foil the Maester plots and bring what he has learned from their conspiracy to end magic to the Wall.

In the end I think all with magic in their line of descent (Starks, Reeds, Targs, Blackfyres, etc) must mate with their opposite for Fire and Ice to neutralize and end magic in the world. It's like going from Bronze Age (first men) to the age of reason (ie no magic). Cotf die out, dragons die, others die, giants die, etc. It's why this is the Last Greenseer. It's the end of an age, not the end of the throne itself.

Here is a theory I have on how the 3 heads of the dragon will play out with the winner of the Game of Thrones:

The three heads are Jon, Dany, and Tyrion. Jon is the Prince that was Promised, and being from Rhaegar's line this makes sense (Prince, NOT King). He stays at the Wall as is his vow.

Tommen is murdered when the false Targaryen Aegon takes Kings Landing (and probably Cersei too). Myrcella is installed as his Queen by Dorne to appease the Tyrells and Westerlands (perhaps because Margery has an heir by this time and it keeps a direct family line of influence to the Queen). Dorne achieves considerable influence on the Small Council and under law. They include their female lines of succession laws to be law of all Westeros. Aegon complies as a reward for his kingdom. Littlefinger sees his opening and rallies the Vale and other houses to march on a still devastated Kings Landing while Stannis and the North are dealing with the Others. He has Aegon and Myrcella murdered and installs Sansa Stark as the rightful heir under law since Aegon had no heirs and the only one left from the Lannister line of succession is Tyrions wife, Jamie as Kingsguard is null. He makes alliances with Dorne assuring Sansa will be a pliable Queen. Dany and Tyrion arrive in the North and kick some Others ass with Jon and the dragons. Jon stays behind at the Wall, Dany and Tyrion take Kings Landing and Tyrion as the eldest child of Aerys takes over as King with Sansa as his rightful Queen. Fire and Ice rule the kingdom. Not clear about Dany.

Interesting.

I'm not convinced the Others are the big threat, it may be magic and beings made from magic (dragons, others) in general which is why Varys wants to eradicate it all. I think Stannis may realize from Melisandre that he is not who he thought he was, or just not care since the threat from Others is so severe he's willing to fight alongside Dragonriders until it's done. I think Arya may be the Faceless Man who kills for Littlefinger in Kings Landing, putting Sansa on throne. Jamie's character is about redemption - he must help Starks in some way. Sam must foil the Maester plots and bring what he has learned from their conspiracy to end magic to the Wall.

In the end I think all with magic in their line of descent (Starks, Reeds, Targs, Blackfyres, etc) must mate with their opposite for Fire and Ice to neutralize and end magic in the world. It's like going from Bronze Age (first men) to the age of reason (ie no magic). Cotf die out, dragons die, others die, giants die, etc. It's why this is the Last Greenseer. It's the end of an age, not the end of the throne itself.

Welcome to the forum! :cheers:

Interesting take. :)

There is no Lannister line of succession.

The only thing making Joffrey, Tommen, or Myrcella eligible to sit the Iron Throne is having Baratheon for a last name.

Tywin was never eligible, nor any of his three children.

If there are no Baratheon's left by that time then the line would go through the Queen's side (Lannister). This is much easier once the laws of Dornish inheritance apply.

As far as Tyrion being a bastard, it doesn't matter. Conquest cares not what your past was. Tyrion would do the honorable thing and stay married to Sansa while also endearing himself to the small folk and the Seven. Marrying Dany would keep the magic of dragons too powerful. Incest is one thing that has kept magic alive.

Very very interesting. I think however that is 100% wrong and completely and utterly unfounded.

If there are no Baratheon's left by that time then the line would go through the Queen's side (Lannister). This is much easier once the laws of Dornish inheritance apply.

No it doesn't. The Lannisters have no claim to the Baratheon Throne. They can conquer the throne but they cannot inherit it.

If Aegon (who conquered) was murdered the throne goes to Myrcella under equal inheritance laws of the Dorne. If she dies (not by conquest) who inherits? The next oldest highborn relative alive is Jamie (Kingsguard, can't do it), Cersei dead, Uncle Tyrion alive (whether they know it or not). Who inherits the throne in his stead? His wife Sansa who married him before the Gods and Men. Remember it will be that master of intrigue and court politics Littlefinger selling this scenario to Dorne and the remaining Great Houses.

If Aegon (who conquered) was murdered the throne goes to Myrcella under equal inheritance laws of the Dorne. If she dies (not by conquest) who inherits? The next oldest highborn relative alive is Jamie (Kingsguard, can't do it), Cersei dead, Uncle Tyrion alive (whether they know it or not). Who inherits the throne in his stead? His wife Sansa who married him before the Gods and Men. Remember it will be that master of intrigue and court politics Littlefinger selling this scenario to Dorne and the remaining Great Houses.

Does Myrcella has conquered the Throne? In any case if Myrc takes the Throne her heir is the closest Baratheon relative not the Lannisters. They have no blood claim to the Throne, they are married into Baratheon Dynasty they haven't Baratheon blood.

For example the Tullys cannot claim the North because Cat was married with Ned. However Cat's children can claim the Riverrun because they have Tully's blood.

The key is in the interpretation of Dornish equal inheritance rights by Littlefinger. As soon as Aegon dies, she is Queen unquestioned under Dornish custom. Aegon has no heirs anyway. After she dies, Tyrells will make a push to install Margery and Littlefinger makes the push for Sansa. Due to increased Dornish influence and other machinations at court Littlefinger wins. In the end Sansa becomes the Queen she always wanted to be, proving herself to be one of the most down low cunning players in the game.

The key is in the interpretation of Dornish equal inheritance rights by Littlefinger. As soon as Aegon dies, she is Queen unquestioned under Dornish custom. Aegon has no heirs anyway. After she dies, Tyrells will make a push to install Margery and Littlefinger makes the push for Sansa. Due to increased Dornish influence and other machinations at court Littlefinger wins. In the end Sansa becomes the Queen she always wanted to be, proving herself to be one of the most down low cunning players in the game.

The Tyrells or the Lannisters can take the Throne only by conquering it. The Lannisters cannot be Myrc's heirs because her claim comes from her "father" not from her mother.

Her claim would come from inheriting the kingdom after King Aegon died under Dornish rules. At that point, all past claims are moot. If Aegon had no heirs and she had no Baratheon's to give it at her death, then the Lannister line would be up next. Think of that comedy from the 80s with John Goodman, King Ralph :)

Her claim would come from inheriting the kingdom after King Aegon died under Dornish rules. At that point, all past claims are moot. If Aegon had no heirs and she had no Baratheon's to give it at her death, then the Lannister line would be up next. Think of that comedy from the 80s with John Goodman, King Ralph :)

I don't think that I can understand you. If Aegon conquers the Throne then the Baratheon dynasty is over. Someone else have to conquer it back, but if Myrcella conquers the Throne by the name Baratheon, which means claiming birthright because she is a Baratheon, her heir has to be someone with Baratheon blood. Lannisters have no Baratheon blood so they are out.

Archived