Do any of the ASOIAF Characters rank in your top 10 in fiction? (spoilers?)

Marcus Agrippa

I would say Khaleesi is somewhere there. Maybe top 15. But I'm to lazy to make a list in first place.

ETA: Plus, Catwoman from Batman Returns is somewhere in there.

I like you. Favourite Batman ever.

"As I was saying, I'm a woman and can't be taken for granted. Life's a bitch, now so am I". Favourite quote ever too.

Stannis in general is hard to rank because he is just different. Most characters who you run across in stories who have a strong sense of justice go three ways- they die early, they go full crazy, or they end up winning. Stannis has avoided one of those and the third one is unlikely to say the least. Could he stilll go full crazy? yeah but I think if that were to happen it would almost be outta of character at this point. That's what makes stannis so interesting. You get several visions of him doing various things- but none of them means he dies either.

Arya and theon along with stannis seem to be in there. Also Jon and Daenerys.

I choose 10 because I feel like if you read this story your going to have at least one or two in top twenty. These novels are really character centric compared to story centric. I mean if you think about it- things have stayed static since Tywin died 13 years ago. No major (confirmed) deaths. (does lysa count as major?) She was just sort of a tool in my POV.

A lot of theon. His Arc is good but was it that good? I remember his men fighting and dieing at winterfell and he might have killed his own kid- (if I remember correctly he banged the farmers wife a few times). ALso the whole weird I wanna bang Asha thing but he really had no idea that was his sister. He also introduced us to the drowned god... I need to reread these books again. Its been way too long.

Ah, this all depends on how you look at it... If you talk solely about fantasy genre, yeah... If you talk about books in general, hardly. If you talk about fantasy on all mediums, perhaps. If you talk about all genres on all mediums, then I would have to say no.

But, one character that truly deserves special place on all my lists regardless of position is Sansa. She is such beautifully written character.

Ah, this all depends on how you look at it... If you talk solely about fantasy genre, yeah... If you talk about books in general, hardly. If you talk about fantasy on all mediums, perhaps. If you talk about all genres on all mediums, then I would have to say no.

But, one character that truly deserves special place on all my lists regardless of position is Sansa. She is such beautifully written character.

I agree about Sansa.

Archived