Could Tyrion betray Dany for Tommen/Myrcella?

Lord Rhaegel Tarly

Presuming Tyrion and Dany survive the Meereen conflict and that she takes him into her service, he will obviously be a major counsellor to her. Considering, also, that he is very fond of Tommen and Myrcella (he loves both of them) and dislikes Cersei, is it possible that he could come up a plot (with Cersei out of the picture), betraying Dany one way or another, whereby he keeps Tommen/Myrcella on the throne? (i.e. he comes up with a scheme to keep the Lannisters in power).

(Possible) Hints:

In 'A Dance with Dragons', he fantasises about going to Dorne and making Myrcella queen;

Also, Tyrion makes no mention of wanting to accept Dany as his queen.

I think Tyrion will betray anyone who stands between him and Casterly Rock. I don't think he will want Tommen or Myrcella on the IT because then Cersei will have won. But he won't want them dead so he will oppose any Dany scheme that includes that (not that I think Dany would kill innocent children though). And I think his loyalty to Dany will be as strong as her ability to give him Casterly Rock.

Dany has serious plot armor and needs an advisor. I don't imagine that Tyrion-Dany relationship will work without complications, but in the long run it probably will work. Also, Dany is not the type to kill two kids, and imo neither is Tyrion.

We are thinking of Tommen and Mircella as childs, but even with dragons, the war will last a few years, so I don't think it will be hard for Danny to kill an adult King Tommen, who has been raised by Cersei alone, now that Kevan is dead

If Daenerys sails to Westeros with three grown dragons, then there's nothing Tyrion can do except reason with her. I'm sure Daenerys would understand that Tommen and Myrcella are not to blame for what Robert (or Jaime) are "guilty" of. Problem is that the people may think differently and will probably demand Tommen's head.

Tyrion don't give a shit about Tommen and Myrcella anymore. He admitted to Illyrio that making Myrcella queen would kill her, and didn't give a damn. As people have said, Tyrion will at this point betray anyone for getting a chance to kill Cersei and Jaime.

He would do that now, for sure. But it wouldn't be a "betrayal." You can only betray people who trust you, so first something has to happen to make Dany trust him.

While that is going on, Tyrion might change. If Dany comes to trust, respect and rely on him, and give him responsible work, that is going to be some particularly sweet fruit for Tyrion. Nobody in a position to matter has ever trusted, respected and relied on Tyrion, and if it happens he might have some strong feelings toward the person who does so. That could make this a complex and difficult calculation for him.

Archived