Still hope for the Greyjoy castings!

jaimereborn

A few weeks ago, only Euron was listed as Balon's brother on the GOT wiki, leading to speculation that Victarion and Aeron are getting cut from the show canon.

However, the GOT wiki has been updated now to include all three brothers! http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/House_Greyjoy

Could this mean the show is now hoping to cast them? Fingers crossed for some Ironborn this season, but I imagine it is more likely to happen in S6, to continue the 'new major family becomes a player this season' trend that has happened all the way through the series

A few weeks ago, only Euron was listed as Balon's brother on the GOT wiki, leading to speculation that Victarion and Aeron are getting cut from the show canon.

However, the GOT wiki has been updated now to include all three brothers! http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/House_Greyjoy

Could this mean the show is now hoping to cast them? Fingers crossed for some Ironborn this season, but I imagine it is more likely to happen in S6, to continue the 'new major family becomes a player this season' trend that has happened all the way through the series

Does that site have some connection to HBO?

Anyway, the show had been 'doggedly' showcasing Gemma Whelan (Yara/Asha) ever since season 2, no

matter how short the sequence. If someone gets some skinny on where Gemma is that may tell us

something.

Following her on twitter has not turned up anything.

The Wiki doesn't have any connection to HBO. It's fan-run.

Let's not be too hasty. We already know that Theon had more than one uncle from what Tyrion said to him about the burning of Lannisport. The addition of Victarion and Aeron to the Wiki doesn't mean anything in terms of the current show. They could handwave it and say that Balon's other brothers died in the Greyjoy Rebellion.

I hope they don't go that route, though. Greyjoys >>>>>>>>>>[...]>>>>>> Martells.

The last few preview chapters in WOW seemed to strongly indicate the eventual dance of the dragons. If the Ironborn and Aegon won't make it to the show, how will they handle Dany's (possible) arc? The Ironborn will be an invaluable ally to Dany and Dorne to Aegon. They just can't have her arrive at Westeros and sit on the Iron Throne like a boss.

The last few preview chapters in WOW seemed to strongly indicate the eventual dance of the dragons. If the Ironborn and Aegon won't make it to the show, how will they handle Dany's (possible) arc? The Ironborn will be an invaluable ally to Dany and Dorne to Aegon. They just can't have her arrive at Westeros and sit on the Iron Throne like a boss.

Do you really see that happening? I think she is far more likely to die not too long after getting to Westeros.

Do you really see that happening? I think she is far more likely to die not too long after getting to Westeros.

To be honest, I don't see her ruling for long, if not at all. Her endgame is extremely vague to predict but I definitely do not see her dying. I think Dorne will be set up like the Starks. They will be destroyed that's why the showmakers seem to play them up. The Ironborn is crucial not just because of their fleet but because Euron's powers and the Ironborn's rebellious, reaving and pillaging nature which Dany & her army lack. They can cut Arianne and Quentyn but Aegon is also equally important as the Ironborn due to his impact in Dany's upcoming arc.

D&D will probably do something with Euron's Silence showing up at Pyke, Balon walking out on the bridge to look at it, then falling to his death. From then on, the Crow's eye would be referenced a lot like how Stannis was handled in Season 1 before we saw him in the Season 2 premiere. Cersei, Pycelle, et all, would talk about him in King's Landing, Roose in Winterfell, Stannis and Asha on the way to WF, etc.

As far as we know, with Dany already having a fleet thanks to Daario, the other Greyjoy brothers cut, and Asha probably still being captured by Stannis, there isn't really a need to do the whole Greyjoy storyline on screen except reference Euron in the background. They really need to do something about Balon's leech though. That leech burned to death for nothing so far; poor leech.

I have no hope left.

It's october , the next season premiere is on 01 april , like 6 months from now , time to cast and film is not that much. Also the fact that Dario obtained the same amount of ships as Vic in the book is a solid proof that the Iron Captain will not apear in the show.

But...but...Dario sucks.

As far as we know, with Dany already having a fleet thanks to Daario, the other Greyjoy brothers cut, and Asha probably still being captured by Stannis, there isn't really a need to do the whole Greyjoy storyline on screen except reference Euron in the background. They really need to do something about Balon's leech though. That leech burned to death for nothing so far; poor leech.

Seems a lot of obsession about Euron , who even in the books seems to fade in the story, while

Victarion and the Iron Fleet rise to the fore.

I liked the idea that Meereen has a fleet , as a wealthy trade city, seems it should have in the

books.

Its going to seem a real discontinuity if the lifting of the siege at Meereen involves Victarion

and the Iron Fleet in the books and not in the show.

My extrapolation is that the Iron Fleet would have something to do with return of Dany to Westeros

and some kind of Big Dust Up there (which will probably involve the Others)...

Archived