MLB Postseason: Freeways, Beltways, and... Missouri?

Myshkin

He can't pitch every game though.

But he can pitch two games a series. And there's that Greinke guy.

Strasburg is a big ol' question mark, but yes Zimmerman and Gonzalez are good.

But still, Kershaw.

But it's going to come down to hitting.

And as you all know, Myshkin's kid brother Matt Kemp and his cousin on his mother's side, Yasiel Puig, are coming into the post-season hot.

But he can pitch two games a series. And there's that Greinke guy.

Strasburg is a big ol' question mark, but yes Zimmerman and Gonzalez are good.

But still, Kershaw.

But it's going to come down to hitting.

And as you all know, Myshkin's kid brother Matt Kemp and his cousin on his mother's side, Yasiel Puig, are coming into the post-season hot.

(You say the sexiest things.)

Also we have ryyyyyyyyuuuuuuuuu.

And gonzo, vanbeardslyke, the ginger, Crawford, Hanley, Juan 'sack of class two world series already' uribe, a kid named joc and our super secret Andre Ethier.

The Washington expos are good. But I feel. ..no, I know this is our year.

All the Dodgers pitchers are pretty decent, true. But other than Kershaw, none of the rest are necessarily "scary" and can be gotten to. Even the Cubs were getting to Kershaw a little there at the end of the season. Not totally, but Washington and St. Louis are better teams than the Cubs right now.

Is it wrong I didn't even think to look for tonight's game on ESPN? I was a little freaked out when I didn't see it anywhere initially. ESPN is just awful.

Who thought it was a good idea to start Edinson Volquez tonight? Does nobody remember that this guy had the highest ERA of all qualified starters last year?

A silly amount of people think the Nationals will win. The Nats have very good pitching, but they_do_not_have_Kershaw.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs/2014/story/_/id/11611761/why-nats-win-world-series

A silly amount of people thought the Nats would win it all in 2012 too.

Oh and ignoring Kersh for a second, Greinke is still a better pitcher than anyone on the Expos staff.

With all due respect to Dear Leader and your son Clayton, the Nationals are a better team all-around than the 2012 version.

And the Nationals starting rotation overall is better than the state of the Dodgers. Kershaw and Greinke might be better, but

that's two against more for the Nationals.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go into hiding before MC reads this post.

I don't even expect the Expos to get past the Giants.

i kind of feel the same.

but, if they do and the dodgers vanquish the red birds from hell i will need a safe, loving and supportive place to stay while the dodgers take on the expos. my home is not that place at all. we actually just argued about the whole thing.

i kind of feel the same.

but, if they do and the dodgers vanquish the red birds from hell i will need a safe, loving and supportive place to stay while the dodgers take on the expos. my home is not that place at all. we actually just argued about the whole thing.

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Some people just refuse to see reason. I'm here for you bud.

And Trisky, if the Red Birds had any brains at all they'd save Waino for game 3, which he might actually have a chance of winning. I mean why throw your ace in a game that's already lost?

When seeing the many predictions of the Nats and "most complete team" and whatnot I originally wanted to protest with something like "but that lineup is pretty unremarkable." But then I had to remind myself that hitting stats are just down across the game.

I'm curious about what rotation St. Louis goes with. Wainwright is obviously #1, but who is #2? They obviously hoped for big things from Lackey when they got him, but those expectations have to be tempered a bit. Wacha was great last postseason, but he's still feeling his way back from injury. Lynn got is ERA under 3.00 by year's end, so maybe it's him.

I still find the Lackey trade crazy. I wish Joe Kelly was still on the team to say nothing of Allen Craig.

So assuming the Giants hold on here we have:

Giants v. Nats

Cards v. Dodgers

Royals v. Angels

Tigers v. Orioles

All Bay Area, All SoCal, all Missouri, and All Beltway World Series matchups all remain possibilities.

This -- and the resulting mandatory Bud Selig Field Trip To The Coliseum -- is actually no longer possible :(

I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. Some people just refuse to see reason. I'm here for you bud.

And Trisky, if the Red Birds had any brains at all they'd save Waino for game 3, which he might actually have a chance of winning. I mean why throw your ace in a game that's already lost?

It's pretty terrible to have a wife who was a baseball fan long before you came into her life and have her own opinions.

Life was so much simpler when women just stayed in the kitchen, dropping babies and making sandwiches.

But you know who you can blame for this baseball liberation? The guy with the vasectomy.

And John Wetteland.

It's pretty terrible to have a wife who was a baseball fan long before you came into her life and have her own opinions.

Life was so much simpler when women just stayed in the kitchen, dropping babies and making sandwiches.

Well that depends on what kind of sandwiches and how many babies. If it's Monte Cristos and 2 or fewer then you got a deal. If it's Rubens and more than 2 then I will have to politely decline your offer.

Whoops. My bad on Oakland.

OK, it looks like Lynn is going in Game 2 and Lackey is going in Game 3. And then Shelby Miller is allegedly going in Game 4 if we get there, but that doesn't make me feel too good unless it's against Haren, and LA isn't listing their starter yet.

So I don't love our chances in Game 4 and that is one of the precious two games in which neither Kershaw or Greinke is pitching. Merde. ETA: Unless LA is actually flirting with going with Kershaw on short rest.

I'm guessing Kersh only pitches game four if we're down 2-1. Kersh-Waino, Greinke-Lynn, Ryu-Lackey; I don't like your chances of getting to game four.

Archived