Legend of Korra Book 4 [Spoilers]

Sci-2

The thing is, id rather have someone heavy-handed yet progressive, rather than a lazy bitch who just charges ridiculous taxes and sits on her ass all day. I noticed that out of all the kingdoms, it seems the Earth Kingdom progressed the least.

I think that has less to do with Earth Queen's bitchyness then they losing their ports in the West and the Republic eating all the trade. It seems the Earth Kingdom has always been the bitchboy when it came to politics.

Im not so sure about that. I think a better ruler could come to some diplomatic arrangements to share technology and ideas for transport with the Fire Kingdom for instance. How can it be that the Republic puts so much pressure on them, yet the Earth queen can have solid gold boats built outside her palace?

Im not so sure about that. I think a better ruler could come to some diplomatic arrangements to share technology and ideas for transport with the Fire Kingdom for instance. How can it be that the Republic puts so much pressure on them, yet the Earth queen can have solid gold boats built outside her palace?

You don't need to be doing well to waste money, as good Louis XVI.

Sure, but couldn't she have invested that money in something else? Like say transportation for supplies?

True enough, I am not trying excuse her, just offering another look in how the Earth Kingdom fell.

It's cool, I understand where you're coming from. Sad to think that Toph did more to progress the Earth Kingdom by taking a couple of metalbending proteges, than the Earth King's family did with it's power.

I am hugely surprise see is still under ground with her home country in the shit.

A great opening episode. I really don't understand why the writer for the AV-Club is so negative about it. Of course the reviewer didn't fully understand what was going on. He actually thought that the lack of Korra was a weakness of the episode, but it is the best thing about it (he also hates Rollins' voice-work for Zaheer, which shows you how odd his mind works).

It's obvious that the bandits are working for Kuvira, at least the ones with all the tech. How on earth would a couple of bandits otherwise get their hands on airplanes. It doesn't get clearer than that. Kuvira was quite badass and I liked how she was engaged to Su-Yin son and how that caused a lot of tension between the two sides of the metal clan.

Prince Wu is a little over the top, but so far I like him. He should get a scene with Varrick though, I would like to find out which one of those two would be harder to cope with for Team Avatar. Also loved Mako's reluctance of going with Wu to Ba-Sing-Se (btw I'm kind of surprised the city isn't reduced to a smokking ruin by now). They should give Mako and Wu a "The Bodyguard" storyline :p

Not everything was perfect though. I wasn't really a fan of Asami's new look (where are her uniform like clothes? She looks like a slightly chicer version of a soccer mum). Also not a fan of the wingsuits. The slick superhero look just doesn't suit the airnation and those things look impractical. I mean the staff had other functions besides flight, it was also a tool to be used while bending, they don't have that anymore.

My biggest beef so far is the lack of Red Lotus mentions. LoK has never been a particular strong show when it concerns dealing with her own past. I sincerely hope that the Red Lotus didn't just up and vanish like the Equalists did after book one. I hope - probably in vain - that they'll bring back Zaheer and other RL members (Please let Toph be a member) to help fight Kuvira at her most powerful. At the very least they should be mentioned profusely, Kuvira should tell everyone that it aren't just bandits attacking the Earth Kingdom, she should tell everyone that these are Red Lotus backed bandits (or something to that efffect).

There might be hope for the future though. If Asami's father returns, they might also have room for Zaheer and the Red Lotus.

I am hugely surprise see is still under ground with her home country in the shit.

I am wondering what the hell happened to her, fuck the rest and Korra's condition (I don't mean that) this shit is nagging at me. Is Toph crippled and confined to some machine? Did she merge with the Earth? Is she an extremely hot granny?

Prince Wu is a little over the top, but so far I like him.

Youre dead to me!!! I don't mean that.

I am wondering what the hell happened to her, fuck the rest and Korra's condition (I don't mean that) this shit is nagging at me. Is Toph crippled and confined to some machine? Did she merge with the Earth? Is she an extremely hot granny?

Youre dead to me. I don't mean that.

They have issues with this type of stuff, where the hell was Katara during the civil war in South Pole? Isn't she a hero there?

They have issues with this type of stuff, where the hell was Katara during the civil war in South Pole? Isn't she a hero there?

I can sorta understand why they would keep her out of this, cause she IS old as fuck. We know she can heal, but not much else.

A great opening episode. I really don't understand why the writer for the AV-Club is so negative about it. Of course the reviewer didn't fully understand what was going on. He actually thought that the lack of Korra was a weakness of the episode, but it is the best thing about it (he also hates Rollins' voice-work for Zaheer, which shows you how odd his mind works).

It's obvious that the bandits are working for Kuvira, at least the ones with all the tech. How on earth would a couple of bandits otherwise get their hands on airplanes. It doesn't get clearer than that. Kuvira was quite badass and I liked how she was engaged to Su-Yin son and how that caused a lot of tension between the two sides of the metal clan.

Prince Wu is a little over the top, but so far I like him. He should get a scene with Varrick though, I would like to find out which one of those two would be harder to cope with for Team Avatar. Also loved Mako's reluctance of going with Wu to Ba-Sing-Se (btw I'm kind of surprised the city isn't reduced to a smokking ruin by now). They should give Mako and Wu a "The Bodyguard" storyline :P

Not everything was perfect though. I wasn't really a fan of Asami's new look (where are her uniform like clothes? She looks like a slightly chicer version of a soccer mum). Also not a fan of the wingsuits. The slick superhero look just doesn't suit the airnation and those things look impractical. I mean the staff had other functions besides flight, it was also a tool to be used while bending, they don't have that anymore.

My biggest beef so far is the lack of Red Lotus mentions. LoK has never been a particular strong show when it concerns dealing with her own past. I sincerely hope that the Red Lotus didn't just up and vanish like the Equalists did after book one. I hope - probably in vain - that they'll bring back Zaheer and other RL members (Please let Toph be a member) to help fight Kuvira at her most powerful. At the very least they should be mentioned profusely, Kuvira should tell everyone that it aren't just bandits attacking the Earth Kingdom, she should tell everyone that these are Red Lotus backed bandits (or something to that efffect).

There might be hope for the future though. If Asami's father returns, they might also have room for Zaheer and the Red Lotus.

I think you and me may be the only people who like Wu.

I actually like the suits, the staffs were awesome but this is a new age design, and what are nomads but those that evolve?

AV-Club sound like idiots, this was prefect episode, if we were with Korra, how the hell would we see all the awesome going on?

THis felt like what we would have got if they gave more shine to the South Pole civil war, action.

I can sorta understand why they would keep her out of this, cause she IS old as fuck. We know she can heal, but not much else.

I don't understand how she kept out of this, she is a tough freedom fighter, demons spirits and invasion forces sounds like something to bring her out of retirement.

I think you and me may be the only people who like Wu.

I actually like the suits, the staffs were awesome but this is a new age design, and what are nomads but those that evolve?

AV-Club sound like idiots, this was prefect episode, if we were with Korra, how the hell would we see all the awesome going on?

THis felt like what we would have got if they gave more shine to the South Pole civil war, action.

Nah, there are plenty of people on the webz who love the guy.

And can we please stop talking about the SOuth Pole civil war? That season was traumatically boring.

I don't understand how she kept out of this, she is a tough freedom fighter, demons spirits and invasion forces sounds like something to bring her out of retirement.

Old bones and arthritis sound like something that could put her back into retirement.

I was a bit underwhelmed. It moved slowly and felt like a lot of explanation without a lot of payoff. Compared to the dynamic fear that the Red Lotus members gave, Kuvira is significantly weaker as an antagonist. Oh no - someone's using manipulation and threat of force to unite a country that used manipulation and threat of force before! Meh.

I'm okay with it not being about Korra. I just don't know if Kuvira is going to be a particularly compelling fight.

I was a bit underwhelmed. It moved slowly and felt like a lot of explanation without a lot of payoff. Compared to the dynamic fear that the Red Lotus members gave, Kuvira is significantly weaker as an antagonist. Oh no - someone's using manipulation and threat of force to unite a country that used manipulation and threat of force before! Meh.

I'm okay with it not being about Korra. I just don't know if Kuvira is going to be a particularly compelling fight.

I expect them to play up the fascist aspect of Kuvira as a villain. She certainly has cool choreography and personal connections to raise the stakes, although it will be hard to top Zaheer and Co. They were very good.

Comparing Zaheer and Kuvira? Lol they are completely different

might as well compare Amon and Ozai

plus from what we've seen

She's not an anti-hero, she's an anti-villain. Anti-hero is a "hero against his will" (take Geralt from "The Witcher"), a heroic figure with non-heroic traits (selfish, amoral, ignorant). Anti-villain is a character with good intentions, just working against the hero.

From Kuvira's perspective, her quest for power is for the greater good - order means peace and prosperity. She also seems a lot more human than the previous antagonists and reminds me of a more polished Korra

so no Kuvira has yet to be a disappointment

and the bandits that were attacking the city before did not come for Kuvira.. They were probably from the same group that attack her then got owned

Archived