Last Words/POV of the Series

Lopsang

What do you guys think the last words of the series will be, and under who's POV will they occur? I hope for something chilling and memorable. Perhaps:

Stannis finally sat, grinding his teeth into dust, on the Iron Throne.

Ramsay sat, trailed by 10,000 new Reeks, on his rightful place on the Iron Throne (or so I hope).

If I look back, I am lost.

Wherever whores go.

S/he was the dragon's third head.

And Varys came out of the shadows, and shot them all in the stomach.

• 4 weeks later...

He paced through the snow covered woods with his white brother at his heels. They hadn't seen another living soul since the wall fell down. Winter had come for the men of the world, and they were powerless to end it. The wolf licked at his brothers fur, a wound received by the last of the giants.

The moon rose above them, the lonely brothers howled to her as she moved closer to the sun. Summer watched as the moon split in half, releasing hundreds of thousands of dragons, who then began their feast. The sun's fire became their breath as they descended upon the earth.

Gerion comes back to find King's Landing pretty much deserted except for Dolorous Edd, sitting at a table in the great hall of the Red Keep bemoaning that since he's the only one left, he's stuck being king. Gerion realizes the situation and, knowing this is his last chance, drops to one knee and pledges fealty, as the look of hope fades from poor Edd's face.

And so ends the life of Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Mother of dragons, Slayer of lies, Bride of Fire, Daughter of Death. Hers was to be the last true dragon, Queen of the Andals, the Rhonyar, the First Men, and the Remnants of Valyria. In her short life she took back the lands of her forefathers to become master of the Seven Kingdoms, Khaleesi of Khals, Queen of Mereen, breaker of shackles, Princess of Dragonstone, and the greatest ruler to grace these tomes. With her dies the pure line of the dragon and the blood of Valyria, with her dies the last true dragon and scion to the house Targaryen.

The deeds of her successor shall no doubt be enshrined in the next volume of Master Handel, until such time, we can only pray for as venerable a sovereign.

So passes the dragon, the flame, the conqueror, may the monsters of ice she smited so thoroughly remember her wroth in the gelid hell from whence they came. And so we conclude our tale of Dragons, Others, and Magic may their denouements portend the end of the savage song of ice and fire.

Archived