Dark Horse GOT figurines

Big Daddy

To open or not to open? That is the question. I have been an in box collector for the last couple of years, specially when it comes to Funko Pop! But I am leaning towards displaying these figures out of the box.

What do you guys think?, how do you display them?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, Theon/Reek and Stannis need to be next after Bran/Hodor, Brienne, Sandor, Jorah and Sansa trickle out and get us to 18 figurines.

Add Samwell, Varys, Bronn, Catelyn, Davos, Robert, Oberyn, Roose or Ramsay, Tommen, Melisandre, Selmy, Pycelle, Mance, and Margaery for the next 17 figures for the next year or so.

I'd love to see, but wouldn't expect, Viserys, and Rickon. Or Rickon/Osha done like Bran/Hodor. I'd be shocked if they did them, but I want them to fill out the families on my shelves.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought the Bran/Hodor figure and it is absolutely fantastic, definitely the best in the series yet. I was a little underwhelmed with the last few figures (especially Littlefinger) so it is good to see the quality of the paintwork and sculpting is back on form. Looking forward to the Hound and Sansa later this year!

• 2 weeks later...

I loved how Bran/Hodor turned out. Enough that I gave the Stark family their own shelf, especially in preparation for Sansa to join them this fall.

BTW, at SDCC, the next four figurines after the Hound, Brienne, Jorah, and Sansa have been announced! They are:

Ygritte

Grey Worm

Margaery Tyrell

Oberyn Martell

Oberyn and Margaery look great and I'm really pumped to have them. I'm scratching my head over Ygritte though. And Grey Worm? Really? What a waste of a spot. Still no Theon or Stannis, but we have Grey Worm. What's next, Olly? Ugh.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Just got Sansa, Brienne and the Hound and they are all brilliant! The Starks all look great next to each other - they just need their mummy with them but I bet they don't bother making Catelyn unfortunately. Will probably get Jorah Mormont at some point but his figure looks a bit boring compared to the others. I really think Dark horse are doing a great job and getting as many characters out there as possible. There are just so many to choose from that they can't possibly do them all. My top picks for the next ones would be Cat, Theon, Stannis and Melisandre. 

• 4 weeks later...

I just picked up Sansa and Jorah at my local comic shop. For some reason they are still waiting for Brienne and the Hound to show up but I'll have them soon. I have three shelves of a book case just for ASOIAF, and they are going to have to take up a fourth soon with these Dark Horse GOT figurines. Next spring Varys will make 23! Funny how everyone thought the Funko line was going to be the main line, yet the Dark Horse line keeps chugging along and staying ahead of Funko.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the Cersei figure, and I want to get Sansa. I'm assuming they won't be making a Catelyn, which bummed me out because she's my favorite character. So I'm making my own. Right now her hands are unfinished and I want to make a base for her. I'm not sure if images are allowed on this forum, so here is a link to the picture... Cat

She's in scale with Cersei. If I had endless cash, I would get all the Starks. Cersei and Catelyn don't quite get along, after all.

13 hours ago, Jocelyn said:

I have the Cersei figure, and I want to get Sansa. I'm assuming they won't be making a Catelyn, which bummed me out because she's my favorite character. So I'm making my own. Right now her hands are unfinished and I want to make a base for her. I'm not sure if images are allowed on this forum, so here is a link to the picture... Cat

She's in scale with Cersei. If I had endless cash, I would get all the Starks. Cersei and Catelyn don't quite get along, after all.

Very nice work :D

• 4 weeks later...

Oberyn Martell shipped Wednesday from Diamond Distribution to retailers. With him, 22 of the 24 planned figurines have been released. The only two scheduled that aren't out yet are Varys and the Night King.

• 3 weeks later...

I picked up the ones I was waiting for at my local comic shop last week so now I have all 22! I'm still questioning WHY I need to have a Greyworm figurine on my shelves, but there he is.  Now bring on Varys!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I just order all this figurine collection (it seems awesome), and that included a pre-order of Varys. All except the ned stark figure. It seems I can't find a ned stark figure except at speculative price! (I mean at a new condition, amazon, hbo site, other sites...)

16 hours ago, Jose Pereira said:

Hi all. I just order all this figurine collection (it seems awesome), and that included a pre-order of Varys. All except the ned stark figure. It seems I can't find a ned stark figure except at speculative price! (I mean at a new condition, amazon, hbo site, other sites...)

All of them so far but Ned? That's pretty cool. You'll find him soon enough. Then you'll be all caught up in September when the Night King comes out. I keep checking Dark Horse's site, but he's still the last one I see in the pipeline for 2016.

I just hope DH does Stannis, Theon and Robert before interest in the franchise begins to wane. Those three at the very least need to get done.

Archived