Homeland: The Brody Bunch

Jslay427

So I'm guessing it would be a waste for me to order Showtime again?

I saw the first three seasons and agree with the consensus that the show's best work was season one, and went progressively down hill after that.

I was going to give the show one last chance after watching the season 3 finale, but I canceled Showtime months back because all the good stuff is on HBO.

I saw the first three seasons and agree with the consensus that the show's best work was season one, and went progressively down hill after that.

I was going to give the show one last chance after watching the season 3 finale, but I canceled Showtime months back because all the good stuff is on HBO.

For Homeland, perhaps it would be a waste, although the pilot for The Affair was very good.

I wouldn't order Showtime strictly for Homeland, no. But there are other quality shows on ST such as Ray Donovan.

For Homeland, perhaps it would be a waste, although the pilot for The Affair was very good.

Just IMDb'd The Affair and it looks intriguing. I'm a huge fan of The Wire so seeing Dominic West's name pop up on the list of actors in it bodes well for my taste.

As for Homeland, Dana's story slowly crippled me. I hope they got rid of her.

Just IMDb'd The Affair and it looks intriguing. I'm a huge fan of The Wire so seeing Dominic West's name pop up on the list of actors in it bodes well for my taste.

As for Homeland, Dana's story slowly crippled me. I hope they got rid of her.

They did I believe.

It seems like the show might be getting back to it's roots. Getting heavy on the spy stuff again. There's some seduction of an asset going on again, but this isn't another Brody where it will turn into a love thing. I'm kinda hoping they keeping setting this up so that Carrie is the one who's played. I thought they were leaning that way, but with the terrorist uncle revealed to still be among the living, they might let Carrie get yet another win.

I think I might be less hate-watching at this point and more just habit watching. It's definitely not as awful as last season, but it's still not quite up to par.

At this point, Quinn is the only interesting character left on the show. I know a lot of people like Saul, but I never got the hype. He's so smug and full of himself, someone needs to take him down a notch. As for Carrie, having a bipolar lunatic be responsible for extremely important anti-terror work is not only ludicrous, her character's quirkiness worm out its novelty three years ago. And Claire Danes is not a great actor, no matter what the suits at the Emmy board say.

I wouldn't order Showtime strictly for Homeland, no. But there are other quality shows on ST such as Ray Donovan.

I really want to like Ray Donovan, it has some great performances (Liev Schreiber & Jon Voight) but the writing is just terrible.

Shameless is the best show on ST imo. Penny Dreadful is fun too.

Shameless is the best show on ST imo.

Seconded. Can't wait for the new season. As for Homeland, I don't really feel the need to keep watching it after the first episode (in a few minutes after revealing one's face on TV, every single man in Islamabad wants him dead so badly, that even a gunshot can't scare them off, really?). I will probably watch it at some point, but definitely no rush here.

I think that kid is so going to kill himself. And Carry will be all like...shit there goes my horse,how could he do that to me.

I don't think that at all. I think that we are watching the origin story of a great Big Bad for the series, and at this point, I think it is being brilliantly told.

I absolutely hate Carry's character at this point. Is there anything at all redeemable about her right now?

I don't think that at all. I think that we are watching the origin story of a great Big Bad for the series, and at this point, I think it is being brilliantly told.

I absolutely hate Carry's character at this point. Is there anything at all redeemable about her right now?

She has nice cheekbones.

No comments so far? Well, that just shows how interest has falled considerably.

Anyway, after Dar Adal, spy master, doesn't check to see if there's another person in the same apartment when discussing CIA secrets last week, we get:

Saul Berenson, spy master, who doesn't see any problems in going to the same bathroom as a murderous mercenary that's a lot bigger and younger than him and has at least 2 other thugs on his side;

And Carrie Mathison, spy mistress (in more ways than one) that sees no problem in not answering her phone for an entire day while her agents are in the field on extremely dangerous missions.

We also have a former CIA director who doesn't get in and doesn't leave his plane after passing an international airport security and go to boarding and yet that doesn't make the news in every single part of the world.

I get angry that anyone likes this show... it's the worst writing since Cro-Magnons etched on cave walls.

I am starting to like it less and less. I loved the first 2 seasons, season 3 though dropped in quality, and this is getting really bad. I can no longer stand Carries and if they kill off Saul, I'm done.

I'm enjoying season 4 much more than season 3 (the first half at least), but I do have some problems with this last episode. I agree with Bob Harris about the unlikely actions of CIA agents in doing things so stupid that not even a child would do. Not only Saul gets in the bathroom but he also follows/stalks a guy with zero discretion, attracting attention from everyone at an airport like a toddler playing tag. It's so, so dumb...

And Carrie not answering the phone is, IMHO, bad writing. Saul's case is more like bad directing, something that in the script could be believable if done right. But Carrie not picking up the phone after how many hours is too far fetched and convenient for the plot. And also incredibly dumb. I like Carrie because her only redeeming quality is her commitment to her job, so it's quite unbelievable for her character to ignore the people who respond to and only her.

But, as for these two posts above me, I unfortunately cannot give up a show. Once I started, I have to finish no matter what... Usually the shows that I watch can stay good or at least keep up the quality somehow, but once in a while I do get some True Bloods and, sadly, Homelands...

Archived