Will the curse of Harrenhal end the Boltons and Lannisters?

The Bastard Daughter

The curse of Harrnehal is well know for wiping out family lines including Towers, Harroway, Strong ext, could this be foreshadowing? Though Petyr is the current lord he has never stepped foot in Harrenhal but Roose Bolton and Tywin Lannister both held it for a time. Tywin ended up dead on the privy and the future of his house is bleak at best with nearly the whole of the seven kingdoms out for their blood and it seems the same for Roose, things are going down hill for him aswell...do you think both houses are like to get eventually wiped out? :drunk:

I can't see House Lannister becoming extinct unless someone drops the Hammer of the Waters on Casterly Rock. Even then, the Lannisters of Lannisport will likely survive. House Bolton will likely end, Don't forget House Clegane. Gregor just held Harrenhal for a while, but neither he nor Sandor are likely to have any kids, thus ending their short-lived House. I'd go ahead and count House Baelish, and assume it will end. Are there any Hastys other than Bonnifer? Did House Hoat ever exist?

It's hard to tell whether we should consider just "official" holders of the title, or toss in castellans and occupiers as well. After all, Tywin Lannister never was really the Lord of Harrenhal. He just occupied the castle. The curse seems to go after them all.

ETA - This should probably be posted in General. It's not relevant to tWoIaF.

I can't see House Lannister becoming extinct unless someone drops the Hammer of the Waters on Casterly Rock. Even then, the Lannisters of Lannisport will likely survive. House Bolton will likely end, Don't forget House Clegane. Gregor just held Harrenhal for a while, but neither he nor Sandor are likely to have any kids, thus ending their short-lived House. I'd go ahead and count House Baelish, and assume it will end. Are there any Hastys other than Bonnifer? Did House Hoat ever exist?

It's hard to tell whether we should consider just "official" holders of the title, or toss in castellans and occupiers as well. After all, Tywin Lannister never was really the Lord of Harrenhal. He just occupied the castle. The curse seems to go after them all.

ETA - This should probably be posted in General. It's not relevant to tWoIaF.

My bad Im new here thx for letting me know the difference!

I don't know but I do know this - the walls of Harrenhal have been blasted by dragon fire; the very stone is described as melted. I.e, turned to pyrite, aka dragonglass. The final battle against the Others will be fought by an army equipped with bits of Harrenhal, perhaps even at that site. Put me down on the predictions list for that one.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not so sure about how the curse works. I agree that neither Tywin nor Roose was named Lord of Harrenhal so I believe the curse sites not apply to their houses. But it gets complicated when Littlefinger is named Lord of Harrenhal, yet he is still in the Vale with Sansa. So does the curse apply to him as Lord or not until he establishes permanent residence in the castle?

Archived