Early Theories Since Disproved

Ser Cold Fingers

Jojens death on the show reinforces the Jojen Paste theory, and Jeyne's pregnancy was dismissed by GRRM when asked about the discrepancy between Cat's description of Jeyne and Jaime's description of Jeyne. Jeyne, btw, is hyped to be in the TWOW prologue by GRRM at PAX 2014.

Interesting...She carrying a wolf pup?

Right but what you're suggesting is just a bait and switch. The three eyed crow is a longstanding mystery, going back to the first book. Brynden Rivers is finally presented, in the fifth book, and it's at the very least strongly hinted at that they are the same entity (or at the very least working in concert in some way if Bloodraven is not literally the three eyed crow).

No. If Bloodraven is not literally the 3-eyed crow, then the implication (to me) is that Bran's quest to reach the 3-eyed crow has been (temporarily?) foiled by a false lure. He has been intercepted by a villain, who does not want him to reach the 3-eyed crow, but wants to use him for his/its own purposes.

No. If Bloodraven is not literally the 3-eyed crow, then the implication (to me) is that Bran's quest to reach the 3-eyed crow has been (temporarily?) foiled by a false lure. He has been intercepted by a villain, who does not want him to reach the 3-eyed crow, but wants to use him for his/its own purposes.

I'm actually more confident that BR is the 3EC than I am about R+L=J...which I'm about 90% sure of that!.

I find that to be entirely plausible.

Best Friends!!!

We're doing Karate out in the garage if you would like to join in on the festivities. (I think that's from a different thread...but me and my new best friend are doing karate...well...in the garage...)

I'm actually more confident that BR is the 3EC than I am about R+L=J...which I'm about 90% sure of that!.

Well, I'll have to do a reread. But right now, he feels like a bad fit.

I mean, how is he a 3-eyed crow? If he was a member of the Night Watch, with 2 good eyes, plus second sight, that would make him a 3-eyed crow. But he has only one eye, and his second sight and/or warging abilities apparently give him a thousand eyes more. So he's a 1001 eyed former crow.

Well, I'll have to do a reread. But right now, he feels like a bad fit.

I mean, how is he a 3-eyed crow? If he was a member of the Night Watch, with 2 good eyes, plus second sight, that would make him a 3-eyed crow. But he has only one eye, and his second sight and/or warging abilities apparently give him a thousand eyes more. So he's a 1001 eyed former crow.

True.

But...BR knows Bran has two good eyes. Warging is the third eye. He is appealing to Bran's vision. Plus...BR had two normal eyes at one point...and he still had a second eye socket. The third eye is warging...even though he had 1000 eyes and one. The one being Warging....the 1000 eyes being the combination of weirwood trees, crows, ravens, dogs, etc.

The physical description of the really old guy in the cave, via Bran, really sounds like BR. Plus he said his mom named him Brynden. He had a brother he hated, a brother he loved and a woman he desired. All fit.

True.

But...BR knows Bran has two good eyes. Warging is the third eye. He is appealing to Bran's vision. Plus...BR had two normal eyes at one point...and he still had a second eye socket. The third eye is warging...even though he had 1000 eyes and one. The one being Warging....the 1000 eyes being the combination of weirwood trees, crows, ravens, dogs, etc.

Okay, but all this makes Bran the 3-eyed wolf with wings. It does not make Bloodraven a 3-eyed crow. It makes him a 2-eyed crow (1 good eye plus second sight) or a 1001 eyed crow (one good eye plus 1000 warg eyes, or something).

The physical description of the really old guy in the cave, via Bran, really sounds like BR. Plus he said his mom named him Brynden. He had a brother he hated, a brother he loved and a woman he desired. All fit.

Oh, I'm not disputing that Bloodraven is the Weirwood-Man we meet in Book 5. I am disputing that Bloodraven a/k/a Weirwood-Man is the same 3-eyed crow that contacted Bran via his dreams in Book 1.

I wonder how many people thought Davos was dead between AFFC and ADWD?

And those who didn't, where did they think he went?

Similarly, who thought Arya would be blind forever at the end of Feast?

Who knew Brienne's fate?

I expect all this was heavily debated in the past...

I wonder how many people thought Davos was dead between AFFC and ADWD?

And those who didn't, where did they think he went?

> "2.) Manderly fakes Davos' execution. Let's him go on his way. But where? How about

> Howland Reed's neck of the woods, to Greywater Water. GRRM did say we would

> eventually get to see Howland Reed onscreen eventually in the series."

-- October 1, 2007

GRRM confirmed that she shouted "Sword" at the end of AFFC, to save Pod's life. The "sword" option was also the "not dying" option. So.

"Sword" is not a magic word that guarantees survival. It does not automatically save your life if you scream it. This is especially true if you wait til you are already being strangled before you attempt to scream. And then there is the problem that Stoneheart was not present to countermand the order she gave. Her final instruction was "Hang them"; not "Hang them unless she screams 'sword'". When an executioner has been given his instruction, he's not going to care what you start screaming in your final moments.

"Sword" does however signify an oath of sorts. GRRM has said in interviews that the undead are driven by their oaths and missions.

I think the "LF is behind all bad things theory" is the theory that sent GRRM crying to his editor that he had to change the ending because someone worked it all out. That would explain why we have an underwhelming explanation for Bran's assassination because originally it was supposed to be LF pulling the strings but GRRM decided he wanted to prove that theory wrong. Joff also gets the blame for Ned's death which probably would also have been revealed to be LF. Or maybe GRRM is just planting red herrings and in the end LF will revealed to have been behind most bad things, even the events we already have explanations for, and the grand unified theory will have been right all along.

Slightly mad, I know.

Okay...

"Sword" is not a magic word that guarantees survival. It does not automatically save your life if you scream it. This is especially true if you wait til you are already being strangled before you attempt to scream. And then there is the problem that Stoneheart was not present to countermand the order she gave. Her final instruction was "Hang them"; not "Hang them unless she screams 'sword'". When an executioner has been given his instruction, he's not going to care what you start screaming in your final moments.

"Sword" does however signify an oath of sorts. GRRM has said in interviews that the undead are driven by their oaths and missions.

But if GRRM says she does it to save Pod's life....but if doing it doesn't save Pod's life...that makes no sense.

Archived