Trystane merge with A & Q? (Spoilers)

Jayuk83

I agree that the Griffs kind of have to be included in the show insofar as the Varys/Illyrio characters are dependent on that sub plot... not to mention, that if they are not included, it will let the book readers know that Aegon is fake.

I just think that it might not be this season...

I was thinking they might merge Aegon with Dany, and merge Arianne with Trystane. I don't know how the next book will be. But in the show they might let Dany go to Westeros earlier instead of Aegon. And let her fight against the Lannisters. Trystane (we don't know how long Myrcella survives) could go to Dany instead of Arianne to Aegon.

Spanish entertainment news sites have said there's a main cast member going to Dorne later in the upcoming season but they were asked not to reveal who it is because it'd be a spoiler and the person is supposed to be a huge surprise.

There's speculation it could be Varys since he has to have something to do after getting Tyrion to Essos and it'd probably mean Trystane is merged with Aegon making Dorne more relevant.

Think Trystane's part in the tv show is to try to make Myrcella the Queen and fail, just like Arianne did.

He's going to play Arianne's part.

I don't believe the show will need to merge Quentyn in anyone, once he dies without any success in his mission.

Arianne has her own motive to do this, Trystance does not, if he does it entirely for a reason of unselfishness, then he would be the biggest fool in the world of song of ice and fire

Arianne has her own motive to do this, Trystance does not, if he does it entirely for a reason of unselfishness, then he would be the biggest fool in the world of song of ice and fire

They could give him more reasons, even the same Arianna had: Doran also imprisoned the SS because it was THEM the ones who wanted the crowning, out of revenge.

The problem here is that in books, Arianne is close to the SS, while Trystane isn't. And even if they make him be, it's not the same, as Arianne loves them like sisters, and their relationship is based on them sharing everything, even men. Trystane being involved in threesomes with the SS doesn't have the same ring to it.

Also, another Arianne's motivation was believing her father preferred Quentyn over her due to her being a woman. That conflict won't happen between Doran and Trystane, and personally, I think it's a shame.

We have a series that involves a dude getting his skull crushed after his eyes are goughed out, several flayings, rapes ahoy, dudes getting burned to death, but god forbid seeing a female heir.

I don't want to go there (I don't like to go there, never), but they also cut the badass gay guy who is kicking everybody's ass already. Maybe because they can't make him talk about fringe sleeves or having him shave some other guy to explain he's into dudes...? Who knows. :/

They could give him more reasons, even the same Arianna had: Doran also imprisoned the SS because it was THEM the ones who wanted the crowning, out of revenge.

The problem here is that in books, Arianne is close to the SS, while Trystane isn't. And even if they make him be, it's not the same, as Arianne loves them like sisters, and their relationship is based on them sharing everything, even men. Trystane being involved in threesomes with the SS doesn't have the same ring to it.

Also, another Arianne's motivation was believing her father preferred Quentyn over her due to her being a woman. That conflict won't happen between Doran and Trystane, and personally, I think it's a shame.

In the book Arianne did not plan the coup for saving Sand Snakes whoes lives were not in danger, her motive was believing her father preferred Quentyn over her due to her being a woman. Since so far neither Arianne nor Quentyn are part of cast, then it would be hard to explain Trystane's motive

Tryst will definitely do it for love. I'm not saying Tryst loves Myrcella, but in the tv show he will. I'm sure their story will be cheesy and boring.

I imagine D&D know the rest of the story from George, so to me, if they do cut Aegon it's because they know he's a fake & aren't going to waste time on it. But they still could introduce him in S6, along with the Greyjoys. Plus, I'm sure not all new cast members will be announced so we still may get Greyjoys in S5

I imagine D&D know the rest of the story from George, so to me, if they do cut Aegon it's because they know he's a fake & aren't going to waste time on it.

My problem with this way of thinking is that they would be spoiling the books GRRM hasn't yet written but has already informed them about and that's being just a jerk. If they suddenly start to cut all storylines that won't be relevant, it's pretty much like telling us who dies in the next book. In a way, they practically have told us that Jojen will die very soon, and while that's not really a shock, the absence of the krakens, Arianne and Aegon could be very telling.

I don't want to go there (I don't like to go there, never), but they also cut the badass gay guy who is kicking everybody's ass already. Maybe because they can't make him talk about fringe sleeves or having him shave some other guy to explain he's into dudes...? Who knows. :/

Oh god, maybe it's not so bad, they'll probably turn him into an annoying gay stereotype. Instead of a bearded badass he'll turn into a real-life sparkling anime bishonen.

BTW What is the idea behind your name, that you think Jon Connington is partially awesome because you like his beard, you are his 'beard' or something else?

My problem with this way of thinking is that they would be spoiling the books GRRM hasn't yet written but has already informed them about and that's being just a jerk. If they suddenly start to cut all storylines that won't be relevant, it's pretty much like telling us who dies in the next book. In a way, they practically have told us that Jojen will die very soon, and while that's not really a shock, the absence of the krakens, Arianne and Aegon could be very telling.

I don't get this. How does it make D&D jerks if they keep making the series? GRRM has had a lot of time to write the books but hasn't been able to, GRRM knew what D&D were going to do, gave them the go ahead and told how them how the story will progress and what will happen to the chracters. And D&D are jerks for using the information?

My problem with this way of thinking is that they would be spoiling the books GRRM hasn't yet written but has already informed them about and that's being just a jerk. If they suddenly start to cut all storylines that won't be relevant, it's pretty much like telling us who dies in the next book.

People talk like the show is peeing on GRRM's front door. It isn't. The show is adapting his series into a TV format. They are doing their darndest to make an adaptation that is good on TV, because that is their passion and their job. And making the best possible adaptation is a tribute, not an insult, to GRRM's work.

The best possible adaptation isn't one that is constrained by worrying about spoiling a book that may or may not be published before season 5 airs.

Archived