Save the planet, pee in the shower!

BigFatCoward

i've never understood the big deal about peeing in the shower.

i really don't see why people get so weird about it - it's going to the same place. it's just pee. like....????? i've never given it an extra thought except for when people bring it up and get weird about it.

for me it's kinda always been like, of course i pee in the shower - don't you!?

One time when I was about 12 I was swimming in the ocean at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with my cousin. After a while he told me that he had to take a shit. I convinced him that since it was OK to pee in the ocean, it was also OK to take a shit in there.

Long story short - it isn't.

With the shower running, it's almost the perfect place. The urine goes directly into water and into the drain and if you're female your legs are immediately washed free of pee. (I know the female part because my daughter loves to pee as soon as we put her in the tub.)

I also blow my nose in the shower. Its part of the cleaning process, inside and out.

Same here.

I wonder if this holds true for showers as well?

Could the next person in the thread who needs a shit take it in the shower and report back? I would, but I just went a little while ago, sorry.

if you had a really, really hot curry the night before it would probably be alright.

One time when I was about 12 I was swimming in the ocean at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina with my cousin. After a while he told me that he had to take a shit. I convinced him that since it was OK to pee in the ocean, it was also OK to take a shit in there.

Long story short - it isn't.

I have a friend that likes river fishing. He gave us all kind of tips to shit in the river: always facing upriver, and bending a little forward to avoid the poo to touch your back (as it doesn't get cut by gravity and floats).

In the middle of the sea, near the crashing wave zone... that must have been a hardcore experience for you and your cousin (and anyone near) :stillsick: :lol:.

And yes, peeing in the shower, ocean, river is fine. Behind trees, bushes, rocks, is fine too, and even dark alleys and beside parked cars is also ok if your bladder is about to explode. Although, peeing in a pool IS NOT OK!! though I remember doing it as a kid :dunno:

We're trying to potty train our son, so encouraging him to pee ANYWHERE in the bathroom is a win for us.

Unfortunately he also thought that meant dropping a deuce while in the tub was encouraged. I laughed....my wife didn't.

yeah, the whole "don't pee in the shower" I don't get - having sex in the shower is ok, but not peeing. Wiping off whatever grime you accumulated outside is ok, but not the stuff you ingested.

As long as the shower is getting cleaned - which it should whether or not you pee in the shower - then I don't see the issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Depending on where you live, cold water may not be in short supply. This is true for most of North/Western/Central Europe, AFAIK. (In some regions of Germany water saving measures and also dwindling populace has led to the danger of clogged sewers, so the water/sewer people have to flush some sewers with lots of water).

What needs to be saved is energy (hot water). So shorter, less hot, less frequent showers would be a much more sensible way to save the planet.

And if you live in a region with severe water shortage, a composting toilet would be the best choice.

I don't pee in showers. I have nothing against it, I just never have. Maybe I'll try it sometime.

I do, however, pee in various bodies of running water (or really big lakes). There's no reason to get out of the water, and it's far cleaner and more pleasant than using beach restrooms. Plus, I really hate peeing in public restrooms with other people doing their business, washing hands etc. I much prefer private restrooms or water bodies.

I agree with Baltan, though. Peeing in pools is gross, even though I'm assuming that most people have done it at one point or another.

Archived