Who is the most complex villain?

larastone

Who do you guys believe is the most complex villain......and ALSO which villain, do you think that GRRM intends to be the most complex in the story??

Because I think that's an important distinction. Because with certain characters, I feel that there's a difference with how complex GRRM sees them and then the fandom.

I think perhaps Varys.

His motivations are complicated. He isn't "bad" just to be bad.

Agree with Varys, but I wouldn't even call him "bad". With LF is easy, because everything he has done is either because he wanted to troll, get even, climb higher or feeling himself a master mind. Those are definitely very selfish reasons.

If, at the end, (let's just pretend it), Aegon succeeds and he remains King, ruling for decades and turns out to be a very good King, then Varys was right all along. his actions would definitely be seen as different.

Agree with Varys, but I wouldn't even call him "bad". With LF is easy, because everything he has done is either because he wanted to troll, get even, climb higher or feeling himself a master mind. Those are definitely very selfish reasons.

If, at the end, (let's just pretend it), Aegon succeeds and he remains King, ruling for decades and turns out to be a very good King, then Varys was right all along. his actions would definitely be seen as different.

Are you sating that in this instance the means would justify the end?

I'm unsure of that given everything that's happened, even with a somewhat positive outcome(which I doubt). But we'll see I suppose.

Daenerys Targaryen.

Our short friendship is now over. How dare you badmouth our Silver Queen.

I was just trying to see what kind of reaction I would get.

For you...I revise my previous statement.

Please don't, any thread with Dany usually descends into chaos. Let's try to keep this civil. :cheers:

Are you sating that in this instance the means would justify the end?

I'm unsure of that given everything that's happened, even with a somewhat positive outcome(which I doubt). But we'll see I suppose.

Nope. I definitely don't believe on that.

But, just because a person does bad things, doesn't necessarily mean they are villains.

But yes, we need to wait what waits for Varys.

Archived