Is Quaithe Shiera Seastar?

Your answer leads to me believe that you either think the Qartheen are also fake or that Dany's "fake Quaithe" is projecting itself the Qartheens.

no no, legit oversight, the quartheen acknowledge her existence, i meant, she has to be real.

So Bloodraven has weirnet and Quaithe has glass candles. Can they see each other then? Mel can see Bloodraven so it is not much of a stretch ti tink that Quaith must be able to see him too

Maybe BR and Quaithe are in communication? And I think at the very least Quaithe is keeping an eye on Mel, just like BR is keeping an eye on her.

Hangover of the Morning, what the books are missing are all of Aegon IV's noble legitimized bastards' descendants coming out of the woodwork from all over Westeros to claim the throne. The Great Bastards weren't the only noble ones he left. We could end up with a Targ descendant free-for-all before this is done.

Hangover of the Morning, what the books are missing are all of Aegon IV's noble legitimized bastards' descendants coming out of the woodwork from all over Westeros to claim the throne. The Great Bastards weren't the only noble ones he left. We could end up with a Targ descendant free-for-all before this is done.

So, the final battle will be the Wights against the legitimized bastards.

There were four Great Bastards. Daemon started the Blackfyre rebellions. Bittersteel kept them going. Bloodraven fought them and went on the become the 3EC. That suggests to me that Sheira has more of a story. Either she was important and we'll find out why or she is important.

• 2 weeks later...

"What feeds a dragon's fire?" Marwyn seated himself upon a stool. "All Valyrian sorcery was rooted in blood or fire. The sorcerers of the Freehold could see across mountains, seas, and deserts with one of these glass candles. They could enter a man's dreams and give him visions, and speak to one another half a world apart, seated before their candles. Do you think that might be useful, Slayer?"

Samwell V, Feast

If Quaithe was entering Daenerys's dreams while seated before a glass candle that would strongly suggest that she was Shiera.

Samwell V, Feast

If Quaithe was entering Daenerys's dreams while seated before a glass candle that would strongly suggest that she was Shiera.

How so? It isn't strongly suggested anywhere that she is still alive after a hundred and twenty or thirty years, or that she has any experience with glass candles that I can recall, what strongly suggests that someone using glass candles is her? Especially when we know some are in use in Westeros, at the Citadel.

How so? It isn't strongly suggested anywhere that she is still alive after a hundred and twenty or thirty years, or that she has any experience with glass candles that I can recall, what strongly suggests that someone using glass candles is her? Especially when we know some are in use in Westeros, at the Citadel.

The point I came away with after looking up that passage was that Valyrian sorcerers, not just anybody, were able to use the glass candles to enter men's dreams andvgive them visions. If true, and you accept that Quaithe was speaking to Daenerys with the aid of a glass candle, then she would be a Valyrian sorceress. We don't know of any current Valyrian sorceresses but we know from Egg that Sheira kept a youthful appearance by practicing blood magic. (We also know that Bloodraven and likely Melisandre have found ways to prolong their lives.)

The only current use of glass candles at the Citadel that we know of is that Marwyn was able to confirm the existence of Daenerys's dragons and things goingbon at the Wall. We do not know whether all of the cadles are burning or whether anyone else there is able to use them. After rereading the passage above I'm inclined to suspect that Marwyn is a seed or perhaps he was able to learn enough of Valyrian sorcery to learn how to use the candles.

Samwell V, Feast

Or anyone else who knows how to use a glass candle. Sheira was born well after the Doom, so what was or wasn't done in the Freehold of Valyria is rather a moot point. Quaithe (whoever she is) has been training in Asshai where magic can be practiced openly. I'd be really surprised if glass candles weren't part of that training. Granted they haven't been working until lately.

Or anyone else who knows how to use a glass candle. Sheira was born well after the Doom, so what was or wasn't done in the Freehold of Valyria is rather a moot point. Quaithe (whoever she is) has been training in Asshai where magic can be practiced openly. I'd be really surprised if glass candles weren't part of that training. Granted they haven't been working until lately.

Isn't it likely that the Targaryens continued to practice the sorcery of the Freehold after the Doom since the dragons hadn't died out yet?

• 1 month later...

Quaithe in Qarth was a real person but she might not be real in the later episodes. After all, Dany saw Viserys and Jorah in her last chapter in ADwD, who were actually the products of her own mind.

Quaithe said "To go North..." stuff in Qarth which she later repeated in a vision too. The "kraken and dark flame... trust none of them" stuff might be a product of Dany's own prophetic power.

I lately came to like this approach. Perhaps Cersei's sick mind made up the whole Maggy prophecy. Surely, Maggy was a real person but her prophecy seems a bit redundant. Quaithe's prophecies are redundant in the sense that they all seem like cryptic BS that even she does not seem to understand. Besdies, Dany is capable of producing her own prophetic dreams. So, Quaithe's episodes after leaving Qarth might be the products of Dany's own mind.

• 1 month later...

Archived