What Are You Listening To XVI: Don't Stop The Music

King Tyrion I

Beach Slang (features one of the guys from Weston, worth checking out for fans of later Jawbreaker and the Replacements) has a new EP out, and while it's not as instantly catchy as their first EP, "American Girls and French Kisses" is the song that won't stop being stuck in my head at the moment. Thanks to the magic of the internet, I can play it over and over at work today!

So I was in a horrible mood for a while there and then I went and listened to a couple samples from the brand new Ex Hex album and then I went and bought the brand new Ex Hex album and now I'm not in a horrible mood anymore. Behold the power of rock and roll!

Check them out: "Don't Wanna Lose", "Hot and Cold", and "Beast".

Evoke Thy Lords - Dirty Game

Best news since a long, long time:

Blind Guardian are releasing their new album in January 2015! The first single will be called Twilight of the Gods (which is a bit cliché if you ask me) and will be out on December 5.

I am super hyped right now!

Source

Ohh hell yes. I hope it lives up to the gold standard of their last one.

Finally got around to picking up the new Earth "Primitive and Deadly"... At the moment I've only got through the first LP, but this is pretty killer. Much, metal-ier (?) than the last few, but that sure as hell aint a bad thing. I'm actually digging the guest vocals so far. Very kind of psychedelic doom vibe. So far, I'm calling it pretty rad.

There is a Serpent Coming (ft Mark Lanegan)

"Twilight of the Gods", eh? So, how much of the opera will they rip off for the single? Anything at all? Ah well, yet another band I have never heard of. I will mosey over to You Tube and give a listen at some point.

Blind Guardian is probably the biggest Power Metal band out there. They often use mythological themes or stories from books (the silmarillion, otherland, dark tower, eternal champoin...) as inspirations for their lyrics.

Archived