Who would win Aragorn vs Jaime Lannister?

Iulian Fedot

Martin himself said Jaime Lannister, and I agree with him.

Aragorn is an excellent fighter, but his real power is a mental one. He's a Dúnadan, a superior race of men (NOT GODS PLEASE. NOT GODS).

Jaime is one of the best ever.

Ah, in a duel Jaime would eat the Gondor's coupist quickly, even left handed.

Aragon is proficient, Jaime is the best of its time.

But in real life... with the help of that 3rd level illusionist, Aragorn was able to lure a whole kingdom to believe such a silly thing like that he was the heir of a thousands years lost dinasty.

Like if you presented yourself in Italy, told the people there you are Augustus's great-great-son and have the people there accept your rule easily.

In ANY non combat situation, Aragorn is more dangerous than he appears...
Aragorn would probably find a way to explain to Jaime that he should really suicide instead of fighting. Jaime would probably fall to that legendary fast-talk.

But in a fair fight? Seriously?
Jaime every day and night, expecially if two handed.

I think that it would take a while...but if we guide by the movies Jaime wins becuase he's got armour.

If you take it by the books it might be a draw. (I don't know who would win)

Huh? In the show Jaime was not in full plate the entire time so I do not see how that matters.

And yeah, GRRM said Jaime would win, and I am sure if you ask one of Tolkien's heirs, they would say Aragorn would win, so I do not see how asking the author with an obvious bias really counts.

People have to keep in mind MovieAragorn and BookAragorn are quite different characters.

MovieAragorn is primarily a fighter, while BookAragorn is far more a mental one.

No one is saying BookAragorn is an average fighter; he's pretty much exceptional, even more with Andúril. But Jaime Lannister is one of the best ever. Also, Jaime Lannister lives for fighting; he loves it. I'd say he's far more ruthless than Aragorn.

I pick Jaime every time.

Huh? In the show Jaime was not in full plate the entire time so I do not

see how that matters.

And yeah, GRRM said Jaime would win, and I am sure if you ask one of

Tolkien's heirs, they would say Aragorn would win, so I do not see how

asking the author with an obvious bias really counts.

Wrong.. George also says that Gimli is better than Gregor or that Boromir is better than Ned

I'm also for Aragorn, but in a interview grrm I'm sure he said jaime would win, I wonder why he thinks that.

Well, probably cause Jaime is one of his favourite characters, I actually doubt he could take on Aragorn though.

Martin himself said Jaime Lannister, and I agree with him.

Aragorn is an excellent fighter, but his real power is a mental one. He's a Dúnadan, a superior race of men (NOT GODS PLEASE. NOT GODS).

Jaime is one of the best ever.

I don't know how great Jaime is but, experience wise, Aragorn is more experienced than Barristan, so therefore Aragorn could actually dance around and beat Jaime pretty quickly as his experience is much much better!!!

I think that it would take a while...but if we guide by the movies Jaime wins becuase he's got armour.

If you take it by the books it might be a draw. (I don't know who would win)

Movies, Jaime could probably take on Aragorn, but then again, think about it, Aragorn fought like a legendary in all those battles, Jaime struggled to take on Ned Stark who Martin considers an average soldier.

But by books, I actually doubt Jaime will take on him. Aragorn is by far more experienced, far quicker and he fought thousands of orcs and hundreds of Uruk-hai which I actually think are better than average humans.

Ah, in a duel Jaime would eat the Gondor's coupist quickly, even left handed.

Aragon is proficient, Jaime is the best of its time.

But in real life... with the help of that 3rd level illusionist, Aragorn was able to lure a whole kingdom to believe such a silly thing like that he was the heir of a thousands years lost dinasty.

Like if you presented yourself in Italy, told the people there you are Augustus's great-great-son and have the people there accept your rule easily.

In ANY non combat situation, Aragorn is more dangerous than he appears...

Aragorn would probably find a way to explain to Jaime that he should really suicide instead of fighting. Jaime would probably fall to that legendary fast-talk.

But in a fair fight? Seriously?

Jaime every day and night, expecially if two handed.

Jaime would lose. He lost to Robb Stark who in the books is just a 14 year old.

Jaime is the best ever and Aragorn isn't exceptional so...Jaime

Aragorn is around 92 years old. He is probably as old as Jaime + Barristan combined and I think he is twice as experienced as either of them. Aragorn was a ranger and probably fought for most of his life so I actually doubt Jaime would come close to putting up a good fight.

On a very lucky day, Jaime could be Lurtz!

Archived