Star wars Question- Palpatine

Marcus Agrippa

I was rewatching episode 3 return of the sith and something bothers me- why didn't Palpatine ever secure Amadalia when Skywalker left? I mean I guess he had no reason to- but it would seem the smart thing to do for levarge and the fact she is having two Skywalker children would be to secure her quickly and keep her from the Jedi, the Senate, and anybody else who would have known.

I think you answered your own question--she was no threat, as far as he knew she wasn't preggers, so he had no reason to. Also, he had the whole Jedi genocide thing to plan. Lot on his mind.

Wait I thought he knew- I mean this guy was suppose to be sort of all powerful- didn't he know when he was talking about saving the one Anakin loved and all that Jazz? I just could never imagine him making that kind of mistake. Lucas really could have done better there.

The canonical answer is, as Petyr said, that he didn't know about the pregnancy until after she was out of his reach - Anakin and Padme were hiding it from everyone. And perhaps he also needed her to go out to Mustafar and have that argument with Anakin in order to further Vader's fall to the Dark Side.

Once all of that was over, Obi-Wan and Bail Organa then made it appear that Padme was still pregnant at her funeral, so that Vader and Palpatine didn't come looking for the kids.

The canonical answer is, as Petyr said, that he didn't know about the pregnancy until after she was out of his reach - Anakin and Padme were hiding it from everyone. And perhaps he also needed her to go out to Mustafar and have that argument with Anakin in order to further Vader's fall to the Dark Side.

Once all of that was over, Obi-Wan and Bail Organa then made it appear that Padme was still pregnant at her funeral, so that Vader and Palpatine didn't come looking

That just so very weird- from what I remember during the whole vong (its been 10+ years since I read anything star wars) that luke feel is jedi from half a galaxy away. I suppose there is a large differnce between babies and alduts but palps was right next to them/ a lot.

It would have ruined the films somewhat if he knew about them, who else would have bought about the creepy tyrants downfall?.

This is true- its just a failure of Georges writing which I quit after attack of the clones. Thought the Battles as always were great. It's a shame he decided to go the way he did with palpatine.

Clearly Palpatine knew all along as part of his masterplan:

"something something something something DARK SIDE something something something COMPLETE something DARK SIDE something something"

The battles were great? You liked missiles that dropped irritating droids onto your ship rather than an explosive warhead that actually destroyed or disabled it? Shield projectors that are outside the sheilds so that they can be destoyed by attacking fighters? Lucas was designing a bad video game, not a battle.

Shield projectors that are outside the sheilds so that they can be destoyed by attacking fighters? Lucas was designing a bad video game, not a battle.

You thought that was something that came originally from the prequels? That's pretty much directly from Return of the Jedi and every Star Wars video game that included space battles since 1983. Regardless the idea behind it is that the Fighters are actually inside the shield and thus can blow up the shield generators whereas the big capital ships have to take down the shields first.

Haha- yes the plot holes are terrible but Palps seemed to have some idea who Anakin was talking about. The whole prequel trilogy was bad. Yeah the shields on the outside have always been a thing to protect from espionage. Think republic commando. The droid missiles are dumb but so was Jangos attempt to intervene in the reek vs windu fight.

Yeah they gave a reason for palps planning in the vong books... which didn't seem to make a whole lot of sense since letting the population know their was a massive amounts of aliens ready to attack your galaxy would be a good idea and would allow for more repression in exchange for security.

Archived