College Football 2014: For Whom the Cowbell Tolls

Rhom

I think they went with a 4 team playoff just to generate buzz. Even with a non-chaotic season, limiting the decision to 4 teams is doomed to controversy since it is too exclusive. The amount of drama associated with the playoff system is a guarantee that papers, magazines, and blogs have a non-stop source of press. The time between games is even more filled with controversy buzz and when the final games are played, there will be a number of new rivalries to bring ongoing drama to the next season. It would be really interesting to compare TV ratings, newspaper/magazine sales, and blog hits to previous seasons. Like it or hate it, I am following like a sheep.

I've also loved hearing my fellow Buckeye fans vent and bitch about placing 16th. Good gods, the venom in Columbus! I think 16th is a fair rank for a young team that has problems with consistency. I will say this season so far has been an awesome to watch. To see the team develop has been great entertainment and this year's schedule has been perfect for their situation. Ohio State has a young team and (at least theoretically) they will go into next season with a strong backbone. Still many games to go.

On a plus note, I got into some in-law family grief last week since I skipped out on my niece's play so I didn't have to miss the OSU-Penn State game. F' that play, it was an important game!

I think they went with a 4 team playoff just to generate buzz. Even with a non-chaotic season, limiting the decision to 4 teams is doomed to controversy since it is too exclusive. The amount of drama associated with the playoff system is a guarantee that papers, magazines, and blogs have a non-stop source of press. The time between games is even more filled with controversy buzz and when the final games are played, there will be a number of new rivalries to bring ongoing drama to the next season. It would be really interesting to compare TV ratings, newspaper/magazine sales, and blog hits to previous seasons. Like it or hate it, I am following like a sheep.

I've also loved hearing my fellow Buckeye fans vent and bitch about placing 16th. Good gods, the venom in Columbus! I think 16th is a fair rank for a young team that has problems with consistency. I will say this season so far has been an awesome to watch. To see the team develop has been great entertainment and this year's schedule has been perfect for their situation. Ohio State has a young team and (at least theoretically) they will go into next season with a strong backbone. Still many games to go.

On a plus note, I got into some in-law family grief last week since I skipped out on my niece's play so I didn't have to miss the OSU-Penn State game. F' that play, it was an important game!

Agreed, I am also following it closely. It's exciting.

As for missing the play, don't sweat it man. I'm getting sick and tired of people scheduling shit on college football Saturdays. Two years ago I was the best man in my cousin's wedding which took place in Nashville during the WVU / Texas game that WVU won. I spent half the reception peering over my uncle's shoulder to watch the game on his phone. And now this weekend I will be at another cousins wedding in Jacksonville during the TCU / WVU game. I'll make the trip from Texas as per my duties to the extended clan, but from 330 - 7ish I'm not going to be participating in festivities. I'm banking on nobody noticing that I have disappeared.

Blown coverage on the first play but the defense holds it down. This game has made me nervous all day.

I've been looking forward to this game all week. FSU definitely out-talents U of L. But Petrino is a great coach. I don't care what he's about in his personal life. At the least he's a shitty motorcycle rider. Anyway, WVU used to have to play against his Louisville teams and they were always fuckin' ready to go. I think this is gonna be a good game.

Fuck do I hate 3rd and 1's out of the shotgun...especially if it's a run. Man did they luck out there.

Jameis 3rd int but forces a fumble and FSU recovers. I don't know what's going on.

okay Winston forcing the fumble is awesome.

Archived