(Spoilers) Boardwalk Empire: Why must it always be pandemonium?!

Mark Antony

Those were some very unsatisfactory endings for Mueller and Chalky.

Think I disagree..Chalkys was quite well done I thought..even if a little too neatly wrapped up

And Van Alden died in classic Van Alden fashion. His death also allowed D'Angelo to get the ledgers which is pretty significant.

*spelling

Think I disagree..Chalkys was quite well done I thought..even if a little too neatly wrapped up

And Van Alden died in classic Van Alden fashion. His death also allowed D'Angelo to get the ledgers which is pretty significant.

*spelling

I thought Mueller's demise was extremely underwhelming. I always figured that if he died, he'd go down in a much more epic scenario. He finally stood up to Al, I guess. But that's far from enough to make me feel like his character went out with any real closure.

As for Chalky, I feel his death was just plain idiotic. Not only was he double-crossed and killed, but it was, more likely than not, in vain considering that there's a good chance that Narcisse will go back on his word regarding Daughter.

Not only was he double-crossed and killed, but it was, more likely than not, in vain considering that there's a good chance that Narcisse will go back on his word regarding Daughter.

Well Chalky of course knew all this and had accepted his fate. There was some contrivances along the way but I felt it was beautifully done. Kinda hope we don't see Narcisse again but at the same time I kinda want Luciano to give him what he deserves.

Well shit :bawl:

Guessed it was Gillian straight away, I keep on forgetting that the Commodore is a paedo.

Also Nucky's story this episode seems a bit weird and time consuming given how things are ramping up.

The kid has to be Tommy right? The way he got defensive and panicky at Mickey's joke has to mean something

I'm finding this season to be incredibly underwhelming as we get marched to an inevitable climax (I mean, Nucky is waging war with Maranzano, aka: a dead man walking, against two major real life crime figures that survive long after the end of the show - any real questions as to how this is going to turn out?). It just feels like the show is ticking off boxes, some of which should have been ticked off a while ago. I mean, Van Alden's death... yeah, who cares? How underwhelming. Did they really keep him around for all these years just so his incompetence could inadvertently bring down Capone? Talk about contrived.

As for Chalky, he was never my favorite character, and some of his scenes this season have been... underwhelming. But all things considered, and despite the contrivances necessary to bring his story to a head, I think he had, by far, the most affecting conclusion. It makes sense to me that Chalky would give up his life for the merest hope that Daughter and his implied actual daughter could have a life, even if that means putting all his trust in an untrustworthy monster.

Surprised by the negative reactions to the episode. I thought it was really good. The scene in Al's office was one of the most suspenseful I've seen in a while. As for Chalky, I was a little upset with his decision at first, but in retrospect I think it was a pretty good ending for him. Loved the last scene with Mickey rallying the troops. The next couple episodes should be crazy.

Archived