ASOIAF Guessing Game XV - Favorite strongholds and castles. #Final round.

Jon's Queen Consort

1. Runestone

2. Widow’sWatch

3. Deepwood Motte

If anyone wants to help pick the next topic for the ASOIAF elimination game, we're a bit conflicted between best GOT actor (4 votes) and Man of the Night's Watch (5 votes)

eta

Really strange stuff keeps happening with this post. Stuff is there when I put it up and not there next time I check. Nothing that would offend anybody.

The only thing I said was that I didn't remember Ten Towers. I did remember the Whispers and considered it, but didn't make my list, in part because it is a deserted nowhere place, iirc.

I has whispers number 1. As did someone else, obviously. A reminder of what Casterly Rock will eventually become.

I did :ninja:

I also had the Whispers on my list, as number 19. It seems my vote did not count :(

1. Hightower

I also had the Whispers on my list, as number 19. It seems my vote did not count :(

wait what?

I will see to that and will let you know.

It seems that I have made a mistake. I know that is annoying as hell and that you are fed up with my mistakes. For some reason I haven't included Bori's list. I have checked again. (Basically the changes are that the castle in question now has become #21 and one of the honorable mentions have become #19 and the honorable mentions have changed).) So, do you want us to continue or we should just drop it?

Again I am so sorry about that mess.

It seems that I have made a mistake. I know that is annoying as hell and that you are fed up with my mistakes. For some reason I haven't included Bori's list. I have checked again. (Basically until now there is one change.) So, do you want us to continue or we should just drop it?

Again I am so sorry about that mess.

It might be possible to add Bori's list still, maybe? By taking the current TOP19, adding points to those who are on Bori's list and renumbering them accordingly? That would probably still leave some discrepancies, but the game would go on.

We can start it again, too, because it is not really started yet and if somebody will make use of current spoilers, I don't mind either :ninja:

Edit: What I wanted to say is that is no trouble at all. I would probably prefer starting over, to include all of the Bori's votes, but wanted to point out other way out as well :ninja:

Maybe we could even re-start list-sending campaign for a couple of days, because I am disappointed with people who did not get into likely most interesting theme yet :P

It might be possible to add Bori's list still, maybe? By taking the current TOP19, adding points to those who are on Bori's list and renumbering them accordingly? That would probably still leave some discrepancies, but the game would go on.

I do not mind at all starting it again either, because it is not really started yet and if somebody will make use of current spoilers, I don't mind either :ninja:

I add it. With the addition the difference right now is that the one in question became #21 and one of the hon mentions became #19 and the hon mentions changed. Now I was thinking that we may continue by guessing this one but will "count" as no 19 or we should just start all over again?

So I was thinking about starting it again.

Honorable mentions:

21. Queenscrown 58 points in 5 lists.

“At Queenscrown, one had come out of the darkness to save Jon's life”

An abandoned stronghold with golden merlons stands in the Gift. When Jaehaerys I and his sister-wife Alysanne visited the North she and she stayed at the stronghold. In her honor the people painted the merlons with gold color.

22. Nightfort 53 point in 4 lists.

“The Nightfort is a haunted ruin, a drear and dreadful place.”

Nightfort is one of the Wall’s castles. The abandoned castle has a gruesome history and *fathers* many of Old Nan’s scary stories. Like the story or the Rat cook or the story of Danny Flint, the seventy-nine sentinels, Mad Axe and Symeon StarEyes. Six hundred years before the WO5K the Commander of Nightfort and the Commander of Snowgate started to fight each other until the King in the North punished them both. Nightford includes and Black Gate; a hidden as old as the Wall gate that leads to the other side of Wall. The gate is made of weirwood and is made as a weirwood’s face. The eyes open when someone arrives there and it say: Who are you? If it is an NWman the other must say: I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. Then the gate says: Then pass and opens.

23. Moat Cailin 50 points in 6 lists.

“Moat Cailin is the key”

As Robb Stark noted Moat Cailin is the key for everyone who wants to conquer the North. An ancient abandoned stronghold on the edge of the Neck Moat Cailin always was a natural defense point for the wannabe conquerors. The legends claim that those who used Moat Cailin first were the Children of the Forest in order to prevent the men reaching the North. When this failed from the Children’s Tower they created the Hammer of the Waters to separate the North from the rest of Westeros.

24. Dreadfort 46 points in 3 lists.

“Lord Roose never says a word, he only looks at me, and all I can think of is that room they have in the Dreadfort, where the Boltons hang the skins of their enemies.”

The ancient seat of House Bolton, Dreadfort is a strong castle with high walls and merlons as sharp as stone teeth and well provisioned. The Boltons still keep their torture chambers and the room where they used to keep the skin of their enemies, some Kings were among them. According to Jon when House Bolton rebelled against House Stark it was after 2 years when they finally had to surrender.

25. Raventree Hall 44 points in 5 lists.

“My hall might lack for food, but never for courtesy.”

The seat of House Blackwood is an ancient castle with thick stone walls with moss growing in them. Inside the walls there is a godswood. In this godswood there is a huge dead weirwood where at the nights hundreds of crows are perching all the night like they have done for thousands of years. It’s said that Brackens had poised the tree. According to Tytos Blackwood dead Blackwoods are buried under the weirwood.

Archived