GRRM on TWoIaF [YT video]

Moondancer

I'm 99.9% sure that I'm getting this for an upcoming November birthday. And if I don't then someone's in deep doodoo.

One way or the other it will be in my hands by Christmas.

Really looking forward to it!

I'm really looking forward to this one. The artwork looks absolutely gorgeous.

I thought it was a bit odd that we didn't see more of what's inside the book in the video - as opposed to just GRRM talking about it - but I'm sure they'll have their reasons for that. Either way, it's not long now til its in my hands (no thanks to Amazon UK).

lol, I was really trying to avoid WOIAF stuff until it came out, but I guess my curiosity is just getting the best of me today (I'm going to blame Apple for this). But yea, I just read the Kings of Winter page too, and holy shit. The Boltons, lol. Like seriously, there is just something wrong with these guys.

lol, I was really trying to avoid WOIAF stuff until it came out, but I guess my curiosity is just getting the best of me today (I'm going to blame Apple for this). But yea, I just read the Kings of Winter page too, and holy shit. The Boltons, lol. Like seriously, there is just something wrong with these guys.

Yeah, pretty gruesome. The Starks don't precisely seem to have been the kind of honorable nice-guys many people on these boards envision them as either, though. :dunce: More Tywin Lannisters than Eddard Starks.

Interesting to see Royce as a first name for a Bolton. Made me think of House Karstark coming from a Karl Stark for a sec.

well, I got a good chuckle out of Royce "Redarm" Bolton and "Roger the Huntsman." The Red Kings, huh?

But I guess I'm most interested in how Starks v Boltons goes back to the Long Night (very interesting), and these two fought constantly until Mr. Huntsman bent the knee just before the Andals arrival. Why did it take so long to get this guys down, and how did they finally do it? and I'm still wondering why these troublemakers continued to pitch rebellions without eradication (I'm referencing ASOIAF rather then WOIAF on the second question).

oh, and as a mild curiosity-- seriously, are there any female Boltons?

ETA: also, thank you for posting all those images. this was like xmas come early for me.

well, I got a good chuckle out of Royce "Redarm" Bolton and "Roger the Huntsman." The Red Kings, huh?

But I guess I'm most interested in how Starks v Boltons goes back to the Long Night (very interesting), and these two fought constantly until Mr. Huntsman bent the knee just before the Andals arrival. Why did it take so long to get this guys down, and how did they finally do it? and I'm still wondering why these troublemakers continued to pitch rebellions without eradication (I'm referencing ASOIAF rather then WOIAF on the second question).

ETA: also, thank you for posting all those images. this was like xmas come early for me.

:rofl:

GRRM give as more story of Starks and Boltons :devil: , if think they are more cooler then the Targs :ack:

If this were in the Dune universe, the Boltons would probably be the most likely to use "axlotl tanks," and Roose would indeed be millennia old via hundreds or more Roose gholas.

I agree it is weird that the Boltons have survived so long, especially under the more brutal Starks. And haven't they rebelled quite a bit even since the Andals started coming to Westeros? I thought they supposedly flayed a Stark ruler as recently 1,000 years ago.

My pleasure. Most of the Barnes and Noble ones were brand new to me, but I could only really make out the one. My eyes are terrible even without the blurriness. :)

I always wondered why the Starks kept the Boltons alive because their Kings of Winter seemed like some hard mofos, yet GRRM probably needed a house to rival the Starks in the North so the Boltons are it. And it said that a Bolton once burned Winterfell down and yet the Boltons still fell to Winterfell. Yep history is goin to repeat itself except this time I doubt House Bolton will exist.

Archived