Odds on who will hold Iron Throne at end

HosteenOsteen

I'm mostly behind the "No ruler or Westeros breaks up" option. The title of the supposedly last book "A Dream of Spring" always seemed very ominous to me. I reckon what we see in the end will be a bunch of tired and ragged survivors, trying to rebuild society. A dream of spring. I don't think there will even BE an Iron Throne in the end. But I've always been a pessimistic, and I'm not particularly good when it comes to predicting things, so don't take my word for it.

I would rank them:

Jon: 4/10: Has the blood, training, and connections(North, Vale, Riverlands, possibly Westerlands with Jamie & Tyrion, Ironborn with Asha treaty).

Shireen: 3/10: Has Stannis's claim, the Iron Bank's support, and unlike Stannis does not drive people away. If she lives, the odds are in her favor.

Dany:2/10: Dragons...

(f)Aegon:2/10: He has the training & Varys.

Stannis:1/10: He does not seem long for this world. Too many shadow babies & years of stress and teeth grinding. I could see him winning the throne, but dies as he climbs the steps.

Another: 3/10: Martin curve ball.

^Marriages & alliances create some overlap in those numbers.

Sam will emerge from the Citadel wearing a suit of iron and wood, forged and treated to harness the magic in the blood, as well as that of the dragons and Others. The Iron Throne will be ruled by a fat, pink-masted vampire (need that blood magic, thanks to Marwyn's experimentation) piloting a magic-fueled mech suit.

Tommen!

Jaime and Cersei children of the Mad King Aery's "taking privileges" (Barriston Selmy) during the bedding of Tywin's wife. Why Tywin quits being hand of the king and the witness, Ilyne Payne, has his tongue removed.

Makes Tommen the rightful heir. Jaime and Cersei Targs. Jaime a kingslayer and a kinslayer.

Jaime's Aunt at Riverun "You are not Tywin's son..." (She wasn't speaking figuratively)

Show alludes to it in the Battle of Blackwater episode as Cersei is about ot give Tommen poison.

Jaime will be the leader of humanity against the powers of Ice and Fire fighting to protect his son's throne. See one handed God Tyr from Norse Mythology and the Ragnarok.

Archived