New Casting Revealed

Westeros

She's Catelyn Stark, as simple as that, one of the most important female characters in the books. I see LS as a natural progression of her character, the zombie part has nothing to do with it. If she was alive she would react the same.... so yeah, that's why we care about her, because we care about Cat and her arc. Anyway, I don't want her in the show anymore, it's simply too late.

Cat didn't speak through a hole in her neck. Cat died. LS is an abomination.

Cat didn't speak through a hole in her neck. Cat died. LS is an abomination.

Yeah, and Tyrion had a nose before Blackwater and Myrcella had 2 ears before Darkstar. So, she's wounded, so what??? Was Beric a monster?? Of course not. Using words like abomination makes you sound like a religious fanatic.

Yeah, and Tyrion had a nose before Blackwater and Myrcella had 2 ears before Darkstar. So, she's wounded, so what??? Was Beric a monster?? Of course not. Using words like abomination makes you sound like a religious fanatic.

I want to fight for the side that fights for the living :D That don't include LS - it's the religion of life. It's hard to sympathize with a reanimated corpse, I imagine she would absolutely stink, also.

I want to fight for the side that fights for the living :D That don't include LS - it's the religion of life. It's hard to sympathize with a reanimated corpse, I imagine she would absolutely stink, also.

I think that a "reanimated corpse" wouldn't help the poor as Beric did, or elaborate plans to seek revenge as Catelyn does. Guess you are mistaking the Kiss of Fire with the T-virus from the Resident Evil series.

Even if you consider LSH a different entity from Catelyn, I suggest you look at the character without seeing a mindless zombie or something. She is much more than that. But I think the main problem people have with the LSH arc is about all the magic from the ASOIAF series - I know a lot of people that loves the politics, power struggles and all that, but dislike Bran's quest, shadowbabies, dragons, whitewalkers... I personally liked that George made even death a relative concept on his universe, and chose the tragic Catelyn Stark to make it. That's what fascinated me the most about the arc.

But, shouldn't we be discussing Malko on this thread? :O

In my mind LSH and Cat are different beings. And no, Cat wouldn't act the same as Lady Stoneheart. Do I need to remind you of Brienne. Cat wouldn't kill Brienne just because she has a Lannister sword.

And no, I am not a Cat defender. She was a hateful woman when she was alive and is abomination now.

In my mind LSH and Cat are different beings. And no, Cat wouldn't act the same as Lady Stoneheart. Do I need to remind you of Brienne. Cat wouldn't kill Brienne just because she has a Lannister sword.

You see, Cat never saw her son being betrayed by his own men at a wedding, with "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" as the last sentence he hears in life. LSH, on the other hand, has seen that. It obviously changes a character deeply to live such experience. I believe the differences between Cat and LSH are more about the Red Wedding and less because of "deadzz are evulzz".

You have all the right to not like her, though, or not find her interesting. But just believe it: a lot of people do :)

I think that a "reanimated corpse" wouldn't help the poor as Beric did, or elaborate plans to seek revenge as Catelyn does. Guess you are mistaking the Kiss of Fire with the T-virus from the Resident Evil series.

Even if you consider LSH a different entity from Catelyn, I suggest you look at the character without seeing a mindless zombie or something. She is much more than that. But I think the main problem people have with the LSH arc is about all the magic from the ASOIAF series - I know a lot of people that loves the politics, power struggles and all that, but dislike Bran's quest, shadowbabies, dragons, whitewalkers... I personally liked that George made even death a relative concept on his universe, and chose the tragic Catelyn Stark to make it. That's what fascinated me the most about the arc.

But, shouldn't we be discussing Malko on this thread? :o

I don't mind the magic, I find it quite intriguing and hope GRRM ties it all up in a logical fashion.

I don't like people romanticizing or over-emphasizing what LHS is, purely because she is not in the show, it seems. Cat died, her corpse was reanimated and it seems primarily motivated by vengeance. As Roose mentioned, LSH was mean to Brienne and Brienne hadn't done anything but quest for Cat.

I don't like people romanticizing or over-emphasizing what LHS is, purely because she is not in the show, it seems. Cat died, her corpse was reanimated and it seems primarily motivated by vengeance. As Roose mentioned, LSH was mean to Brienne and Brienne hadn't done anything but quest for Cat.

Well, then again ASOIAF is basically all about characters being mean to innocent ones, or not being clear about their backstory or goals, which leads to unecessary conflicts. In life, Catelyn did not believe Tyrion was innocent, and that the dagger wasn't his. It's basically the same situation again with Brienne: Catelyn has always been a bit too judgmental. But who wouldn't, considering what she has been through?

Plus, it has nothing to do with not being on the show. If the show tells the story in a good way, we will like. We just fear for the Brienne plotline (which seems to be tied to LSH's) and the BwB, which has been already stablished, and now will what, fade out completely?

Even if she really is out of the show, she will still be in the books. We all like to see our favorite characters on the TV, but well, we've lost some already. Thank the gods we are book readers :)

I don't mind the magic, I find it quite intriguing and hope GRRM ties it all up in a logical fashion.

From their perspective Brienne was a traitor. Still kinda is really. She carries a sword covered in lion heads. She has a letter from the king bidding her to be on her mission. Her squire formerly served the imp, and on top of it all, she's saying Jaime's name while in a fever dream. Lady Stoneheart and/or Catelyn have every right to be suspicious.

And no, I am not a Cat defender. She was a hateful woman when she was alive and is abomination now.

Cat before losing all her children? no. Catelyn after she saw Robb killed like that and thinking that even Arya and Sansa are gone??? Oh yes she would. She's fighting a partisan war, she has no prisons, what is she supposed to do with all the Lannister sympathisers? Execute them, that's what, exactly what they would do if they cought a member of the Brotherhood without banners.

Cat before losing all her children? no. Catelyn after she saw Robb killed like that and thinking that even Arya and Sansa are gone??? Oh yes she would. She's fighting a partisan war, she has no prisons, what is she supposed to do with all the Lannister sympathisers? Execute them, that's what, exactly what they would do if they cought a member of the Brotherhood without banners.

Exactly..hell, even after Ned died Cat said "first we have to get the girls back. And then we will kill them all." If you've gotten the girls back safely, why bother going for more blood? Because she has it in her to desire that.

Archived